Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Here's to Ned, The immortal! Messages in this topic - RSS

Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

4/13/2014
A congratulations to the first immortal to earn it the hard way, Ned Emmons!

• http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/nedemmons

--
    The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
    Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
  • +18 link
    Pyrodinium
    Pyrodinium

4/13/2014
    Congratulations!

Wow I don't know what to say... Echo grinding for that drink is just unimaginable.

--
    My profiles: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Pyrodinium
    (A Monster hunter on the hunt of his twin brother's killer. Overprotective dad of his twin's daughter)
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rudolph~of~Taured
    (an indeterminate person of potentially rubbery lineage)
    * All social actions except photographers and loitering welcome!
    0 link
    Mordaine Barimen
    Mordaine Barimen

4/13/2014
    Skol!

--
    I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
    +1 link
    Shadowhand
    Shadowhand

4/13/2014
    Good God! A very hearty congrats. And just on the tail of Nitebrite's acquisition of the stuff.

By the look of his mantle and journal, I suppose we can also infer that The Fidgeting Writer was the secret to his wealth.

--
    Twitter: @mortshadow - Fallen London: Shadowhand

Benjamin Gabbay, a silly and crafty individual of mysterious and indistinct intentions
    0 link
    Snowskeeper
    Snowskeeper

4/13/2014
    Congratulations to the Fourth Hesperidean! I think! Unless something happened with Mr Feld that I'm not aware of!

• --
    S.F., a midnight midnighter and invisible eminence. Impossible to locate them, personally, but there are dead drops and agents.
  • 0 link
    Alex Sobol-Lavi
    Alex Sobol-Lavi

4/13/2014
    I am duly impressed. The hard way... Unimaginable! You are a titan of patience and perseverance, good Sir and/or Madame!

--
    Indefatigably yours,

Alex "Flipside" Sobol

Currently looking for Interview or Crooked Crosses for my New and Fashionable Salon des Rêves.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Flipside

I am yet to thaw off after the adventure on the Lifeberg.

I will be happy to make your acquaintance and Interview you or engage in other Social Actions.
    0 link
    Shadowhand
    Shadowhand

4/13/2014
    Snowskeeper wrote:
    Congratulations to the Fourth Hesperidean! I think! Unless something happened with Mr Feld that I'm not aware of!

• Fourth? I was only aware of

• The mysterious Kickstarter benefactor
    • Nitebrite
    • Nedemmons

--

Benjamin Gabbay, a silly and crafty individual of mysterious and indistinct intentions
  • +1 link
    Owen Wulf
    Owen Wulf

4/13/2014
    Great Scott! Here is to a new legend among us all - Nedemmon! May he be the toast of the town, for this century and the next.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Owen%20Wulf
    +1 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

4/13/2014
    Vivat! Huzzah!
    0 link
    Little The
    Little The

4/13/2014
    Wow. And you have a Ubergoat too. How long did it take?

--
    A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
    +1 link
    David Lombard
    David Lombard

4/13/2014
    I am truly awestruck. A hearty congratulations!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/David~Lombard
    +2 link
    TyrrelDuckard
    TyrrelDuckard

4/13/2014
    Congratulationi vivissime!
    You are an inspiration to us all.

--
    MrDuckard is how I'm known in this dark city.
    If you wish to make my aquitance, fell free to send me a card.
    I'm mostly disponible for most social actions, especially cats.
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/MrDuckard
    +1 link

"Many" Chin

4/13/2014
    ned! ned! ned!

--
    "My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
    - The Goblin King.
    0 link
    A B Nile
    A B Nile

4/14/2014
    I would like to bask in Ned's reflected glory a bit by pointing out that I spent a reasonable amount of time on Friday on the IRC convincing him that he should cash everything in and buy it, instead of waiting to grind more cash like he originally wanted to!

Quite an achievement (his, that is).

--
    My profile: A B Nile

My alt: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate
    (seeking Acquaintances and accepting all social actions)

Item conversion table - finally complete with all rare successes!

Bloody, bold and resolute
    +3 link
    streetfelineblue
    streetfelineblue

4/14/2014
    WAY TO GO!!! And thanks for the sip, by the way - it came very useful after the recent ordeal of my character attaining his latest SotC level ^^

--
    Twitter: @streetfelineblu
    Blue's LiveJournal
    Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
    Blue's Night Circus diary
    Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
    0 link
    Mr. Mercutio
    Mr. Mercutio

4/14/2014
    A thousand congratulations to you, dear Ned!

--
    Mr. Mercutio
    Immortal. Rich. Only moderately insane.

Want a taste of immortality? Reach out to me in-game to ask for a sip of Hesperidean Cider. Please follow Ocelot's guide to asking here.

New to our dark city? Send me a message in-game and I will respond when I can with a welcome gift!

I welcome most social actions, so feel free to send them to me. Just please don't ask me to Loiter Suspiciously or to help with the Affluent Photographer. I have disavowed all knowledge of her.

Galatea LaChance
    She has gone North, and none shall know what she found there.
    0 link
    Alexander Feld
    Alexander Feld

4/15/2014
    Shadowhand wrote:
    Snowskeeper wrote:

• Nitebrite
    • Nedemmons

• *cough* I am, er, actually the second person to possess the cider, as far as I know. I acquired it shortly after the calling card incident, but seeing how that turned out, I was a little wary of announcing such dramatic news. It's surprisingly difficult to find a good moment to announce your immortality.

In any case, I do not mean to devalue nedemmons' accomplishment, for such it certainly is; I only managed it myself through a combination of patience, obsessive action-using, and the devil's own luck. If I rain on your parade, dear fellows, let it at least be golden.

--
    I am a star-gazer, story-eater, and a smelter of words.

I filch hidden things from hidden places, to hide once more in my dark cabinet of curiosities

Alexander Feld, the mad, damned, lord of seekers.
    +6 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

4/15/2014
    Alexander Feld wrote:
    If I rain on your parade, dear fellows, let it at least be golden.

NOT into that, thank you! *glares*
    ;-)

--
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    +9 link
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

4/15/2014
    Congratulations, Alexander, though I feel a little bad that I said that the auction winner would be the second person back in February now . . .

--
    Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
    +2 link
    Shadowhand
    Shadowhand

4/16/2014
    Alexander Feld wrote:
    Shadowhand wrote:
    Snowskeeper wrote:

• Nitebrite
    • Nedemmons

• *cough* I am, er, actually the second person to possess the cider, as far as I know. I acquired it shortly after the calling card incident, but seeing how that turned out, I was a little wary of announcing such dramatic news. It's surprisingly difficult to find a good moment to announce your immortality.

In any case, I do not mean to devalue nedemmons' accomplishment, for such it certainly is; I only managed it myself through a combination of patience, obsessive action-using, and the devil's own luck. If I rain on your parade, dear fellows, let it at least be golden.

Egads! I had no idea! As if St. F's wasn't a big enough claim to fame.

• --

• 0 link