Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Arcengal
Arcengal

12/16/2019
It would be an interesting feature to let people customise their own menus as they see fit. Say, for example, if you had a backlog of Exceptional Stories or don't want to be reminded you're on the Seeking Road every time you go to Lodgings.

Unrelated: I know it makes *zero* narrative sense but how come the postpeople of London aren't delivering past the Avid Horizon this year? It was an interesting quirk and allowed people to send wishes to their former alts or friend's characters etc. Was it causing other issues?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/16/2019
I used to wait for conflict cards, but with the new tweak, they are not so many. Plus, I get to 7 favors twice or thrice within a day. Hence my frustration.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
dov
dov

12/17/2019
Yeah, it's problematic now that it's inconsistent. The "Call in Favours" options used to all be at the bottom, but now some are among the top (though not at the very top) and some further down. All in all - this makes it *more* difficult* to find the option you need.

And as others have pointed out: These options are not always playable (only when you actually have Favours to trade), so it makes sense to put them in the bottom, below other options which are always playable.

(personally - I also very rarely use "Call in Favours", and it's very inconvenient for this option to be above the Forgotten Quarter Expeditions, which are used frequently and repeatably)

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/17/2019
I too find it annoying because I would always either touch-scrolling 2-3 times (mobile) or pressing End keyboard on desktop; this was the fastest way to get that story. Being where it is now, it's troublesome for someone who has a bucket load of unfinished ES. :|

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

12/17/2019
Hmm. It sounds like you're in the minority, Jolanda. Sorry. upset
I'm going to shift them back - but have a think about whether there's anything that can tidy this up in the near future... All is not lost. (I promise)

edited by babelfishwars on 12/17/2019

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+3 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/19/2019
Oh, no problem. Thank you for experimenting, it was nice to see the issue addressed both times!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
+1 link
Corran
Corran

12/22/2019
I use Call in Favours all the time, unfortunately. With all my faction renown at 50 there is no reason for me to cash it in that way and the other options for cashing in don't appear often enough which leaves me with 7 favours for most factions. And that means moving to another part of the city, cashing out a favour, playing the card that gives me a new favour and then moving back to the Flit or my lodgings.

All the above quite a few times a day (I play too much).

I would love to see a better solution but I realise that's not going to be easy.

--
My Fallen London profile
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/23/2019
I am not sure why this particular fix isn't easy. It would simply require that the 'Trade Favors in the Flit' card be made into a Storylet. Make it have a Renown unlock if you want to highlight that these particular factions are harder to locate than, say, Bohemians, but making it so hard to cash in the favors and locking us all permanently in the Flit instad of allowing us to draw cards wherever is... strange.
The problem tends to be Urchin favors of course: you can use Criminals and Revolutionaries elsewhere, but not Urchins.

--
0 link
Corran
Corran

12/23/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I am not sure why this particular fix isn't easy.

I'm not talking about those three Favours in particular.

What I'd like would be a universal fix for all Favours that doesn't make me have to travel all over London whenever I am at my max and get a card that gives a Favour. From a user standpoint the best fix would be that a card that normally give a Favour substitutes something else when Favours are at 7. But that is quite hard to implement; it would be a lot of work.

--
My Fallen London profile
0 link
phryne
phryne

12/24/2019
I'm not quite sure what the problem is here to be honest.

I agree with Olivia that top and bottom storylets are easiest to find. Everything somewhere in the middle is far harder to locate.

Why do you feel bound to use the "Call in Favours" storylets anyway? I hardly ever use them. My favourite go-to for getting rid of Favours is the Court: 7 Favours raise Inspired from 0 to 21. It's really easy to get a lot of Court works done in a short time when you use all your unneeded Favours there.

For Urchins, there's the Orphanage which eats lots and lots of Favours (Laconic Prodigy, here I come!). Also, spending them on Wild Words item conversions isn't so bad either. Why not amass a fortune in Storm-Threnodies!

And the travelling, well... that's part of Fallen London, isn't it? I like it. I never spend too long in one place if I can help it.

All in all, I fail to see an issue in need of fixing.
edited by phryne on 12/24/2019

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/24/2019
I don't mind traveling at all. I do convert revolutionary favours to Inspired, but Urchins give scraps, and they are the only way to get these in some reasonable number. Plus you need something to convert to Wild Words, so it's not like it's an easy solution.

--
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

12/25/2019
I move around all the time, so that doesn't bother me. My main favours gripe is with Constables, they're the most useless really. But at the moment, I'm still working my way to Paramount Presence (over half way there, yay!) and need the favours for MW mostly, so I like to keep tier three stuff high.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
PJ
PJ

1/27/2020
The only way I could find to change the credit card on my Exceptional Friendship subscription was by cancelling and subscribing again. That doesn't seem like an ideal way to do that.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

1/27/2020
PJ wrote:
The only way I could find to change the credit card on my Exceptional Friendship subscription was by cancelling and subscribing again. That doesn't seem like an ideal way to do that.
That is the only way and be careful that the new 30 days aren't added to any existing left, but only changed to 30.
Support is nice enough to solve any issues resulting from their payment operator.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

1/27/2020
Indeed, I had the same problem. Support made up for the lost days of ES by adding to my Fate tally, but honestly, I would have preferred a better system in the first place.

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+1 link
ChangelingChilde
ChangelingChilde

3/20/2020
I wish plans were at the top so that we wouldn't miss them. Might be nice if we could make plans for things we can't get to yet, too.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
OUT past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.

Gone to Grieve on the 17th day of the 7th month, 1897. Will be Vake-hunting next.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

3/20/2020
There's occasional slowdown now, and it's been happening for the past 12 hours.

I have not observed any particular pattern or consistency among the multiple log-ins that I am playing with. For one, if the problem is with the ISPs connecting my device to the Fallen London servers, I should be having slowdowns across all accounts simultaneously; this is not so.
edited by Rostygold on 3/23/2020
0 link
Ian Hart
Ian Hart

4/6/2020
The end of Nemesis chapter 2 still says the next chapter is "Coming Soon" even though it is done.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity
+2 link
NNNnobody
NNNnobody

4/8/2020
Could the "Call in Favours in the Flit" opportunity card get extra-options that allow to cash in seven favours at once? Or make it flexible like with the Amanuensis card, where one can convert as many Society-favours to Making Waves as desired? That would greatly alleviate the problem with the randomness of its appearance while favours are piling up.
edited by NNNnobody on 4/8/2020

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/NNNnobody
+2 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

4/17/2020
I think the Vial of Cantigaster Venom should now give Kataleptic Toxicology +1. After all, the Kataleptic Toxicology quality description specifically refers to Cantigaster Venom, among other substances.

--
Rupho Schartenhauer has killed a Master, well: most of it.
Cortez the Killer has killed a Master, definitely.
Deepdelver has become the progenitor of London's brightest star. It's... complicated.
Dr. Kvirkvelia, gone NORTH on 23/12/1894.
+3 link