Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

elderfleur
elderfleur

11/24/2021
The "UnADJECTIVE NOUN" scheme in the new Laboratory is fun, but after haunting that place for the last few weeks the Unwise Idea/Unavoidable Epiphany pairing would benefit from clearer visual distinction. I just hovered over these two to figure out which was which, and I've already forgotten! I appreciate that the backgrounds are different, but with my mild colour vision deficiency it is not a striking nor memorable difference. This applies to the Opportunity Cards about these items as much as the items themselves, of course.

--
—Elderfleur
+4 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

11/25/2021
Very good point -- red/green is one of the classic combinations some people have problems distinguishing.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"
+1 link
PJ
PJ

11/25/2021
elderfleur wrote:
I appreciate that the backgrounds are different

I legit would never have noticed that those two images aren't identical if you hadn't pointed it out just now. Even so, it takes a lot of zooming in and squinting to tell them apart, so I think I'm going to just continue reading the text when I want to know what they are.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
0 link
lost in light
lost in light

12/8/2021
Definitely agree with the chorus above about backgrounds - but I'd also like to add that I just love the new laboratory system. Previous, I felt that research was just something to grind through, but now I research impossible theorems for fun.
0 link
Dolinas Limmer
Dolinas Limmer

1/29/2022
Let me preface this by saying that I love this game, but I just wanted to grumble a bit about something very minor, enough so as to almost be inconsequential (but that just means it should also be an easy addition! wink )

Namely, I have thoughts about a cub's education in Parabola. Let me start off by saying: I love that little cub, and the interactions that are tailored to each cat companion it might encounter (and, believe me, I do recognize that Failbetter's writing staffers deserve kudos on the incredible amount of creativity and dedication it must have taken to craft encounters for every single cat companion the cub might encounter, including the very obscure, rare, and retired ones! Because having skimmed through some of the retired companions on the Wiki, that seems likely to have been a monumental task) - so much so that I've taken to clipping each and every single one that I've had the good fortune of encountering into my in-game scrapbook!

That said: though, as far as I'm aware, there's no functional reward for scheming up new ways to increase the number past 15 (beyond the fun of reading through each interaction/that sweet-sweet-lore. even the more tangible reward once you do hit 15 is, apparently, minimal or so I've been told), I am still incredibly disappointed (perhaps beyond reason) that there is no encounter to be had between the cub and the love-sickened seneschal.

I know that he is technically categorized as boots, as opposed to a companion, due to his habit of curling up at one's character's feet, BUT the other cats acquired through Mr. Chimes' Lost and Found count despite being similarly classified as clothing, and despite being a Big Cat, opposed to a housecat, he is described at having been reduced to such a state that it's as though he were, in the words of Failbetter's own writers, "no more than a mere cat", so I think there is a case to be made that he should be able to contribute in his own way to the cute little cub's education, even if only to serve as a cautionary tale (similarly, I would have also hoped that the starveling stole would count. I spent fate specifically in the hopes that it would, since it is classed as a different item than the starveling cat itself).

I know I can't be the only one who became very attached to him at the end of his Exceptional Tale, and his circumstances still make me so sad, to this day! So, it would be nice to see character development for him such as we've seen with other pitiful creatures from earlier days in the Neath, such as our thoroughly cowed pony (if, of course, we have the right ambition), Albino Rat, and Bedraggled, Forlorn Fox.

Secondly, as someone who has earned the title of "Lyon Pursuivant of Arms Extraordinary", and thus is an honourary cat, I think that I should be allowed to teach the cat something of myself (even if it were to cost me something in stats, or quirks).

Anyway, tldr; I am an enthusiastic cat lady and enthusiastic consumer of all things Fallen London to such a point that I've written a very long post about two very minor missed opportunities re: a cub's education! It's ridiculous, I know, but I don't regret it one bit - I've been sitting on the critique for a while and I just had to get it off my chest!

edited by mayactondreams on 1/29/2022
edited by mayactondreams on 2/8/2022
+3 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

1/30/2022
Being something of a cat fanatic myself, I'm stunned to have missed this somehow. Can you tell me which ES this cub is from? I have a few unplayed and would like to prioritise.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"
0 link
Dolinas Limmer
Dolinas Limmer

1/30/2022
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
Being something of a cat fanatic myself, I'm stunned to have missed this somehow. Can you tell me which ES this cub is from? I have a few unplayed and would like to prioritise.

The cub itself isn't from an ES, IIRC. It's located in Parabola in the Dome of Scales, and it isn't a companion, but you're able to visit and introduce it to cat companions. I think a particular faction has to be currently victorious in the wars of Parabola for it to appear, though. I can't remember for sure which it is, but I would assume the cats?

However, in order to raise it's education level to 15 (at which point you can recieve a reward), you need the set of five fate-locked cats from Lost & Found in the Bazaar, as well as other cat companions. I haven't enough of them yet to raise it's education level to 15, but as of right now, I can confirm interactions with the starveling cat, wretched mog, parabolan kitten, rubbery feline, Horatio, Finest of his Lineage, and the grubby kitten.
edited by mayactondreams on 1/30/2022
0 link
anisehunt
anisehunt

2/13/2022
am a little bit disappointed that there aren't any new tattoo options this Feast, especially since I've recently, uh, uncompleted a certain plotline that doesn't exist (clearer elaboration in spoilers, though still within reason). I was thinking it'd be nice to pick up a Correspondence tattoo, and then later have the second tattoo be... well, something that doesn't currently exist.

[spoiler] for clarification, was hoping to see an option to get a Discordance tattoo. recently went through the whole affair and would've liked to commemorate my achieving Steward 7 somehow. [/spoiler]

in general, I think there's a lot of newer qualities that could probably stand to have tattoos related to them -- off the top of my head there's the Railway (including the Tracklayers's City), several of the plotlines from the Upper River, and maybe a bit of a larger selection of Parabolan tattoos since that's a place certain Londoners can just... freely visit, now.

--
I'm Solar, certified Light-In-Exile enthusiast. I don't use this account often.
0 link
IHNIWTR
IHNIWTR

6 days ago
Items that I think would be Cool in FL: Carved Knife of Stygian Ivory

Pictured: Нandcrafted Decorative Knife by Lobortas Classic Jewellery House. Materials: mammoth whole tusk, blade - Damascus steel, gold 999, silver.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daniel%20Vaise
0 link