Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

phryne
phryne

4/8/2019
Honeyaddict wrote:
Hmm, I bought up all the houses at first as I thought I'd be able to sell them through stories or cards later, or rent them out like a landowner or a real estate agent.
It would be a fun extra storyline to be able to rent out your unused homes (but make you unable to get into them while you rent them out) or sell them off at an auction of sorts.

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+2 link
MrUnderhill89
MrUnderhill89

4/11/2019
I find it interesting that we can protest shroom hopping in-game but not the weasel-fighting tournament, considering the controversy around animal fighting in the real world. I know, I know, Deliberate Values Dissonance and all that, but considering we can be sympathetic towards rattly concerns, you'd think there would be an option for Londoners who oppose cruelty to weasels, too.

--
MrUnderhill89 - The Master Under the Hill
MrUnderhill77 - Doomed Northwards
I'll be happy to accept most social invites, but please no Affluent Photographer requests.
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

4/12/2019
Fear not, it will be Weasellers to the Rescue!

For weasels are not alone or unaided in this world, we are breeding a force of Fighting Weasels from distant Araby even now, along with Salt weasels to bring up the rear and tend the wounded, and Celebrated Weasels who will burst into song to herald the attack and hearten our troops.

(Some of us like weasels. Feel free to join us. 400 required.)

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
+4 link
The Elfin Cannibal
The Elfin Cannibal

4/19/2019
If we ever actually get the end of the Ambitions, the only Heart's Desire a Seeker should be able to get is 77 SMEN. Any other desire should be locked out, for obvious reasons.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
OUT past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.

Gone to Grieve on the 17th day of the 7th month, 1897.
+1 link
groink19
groink19

6/6/2019
Hello,

I really like Fallen London for the writing, but i will stop playing it. Reason for it is the 'Black Ribbon' storyline, where you have to built up your 'Running battle', heal your wounds and fight the other guys. It annoys me so much, how often I have to click through the mission, to do one task, just to get back to the regions' starting page, having to click through the mission again, and so forth. This is no fun at all.
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich

6/7/2019
@groink19

Frankly, I only did as much of the black ribbon as was absolutely necessary to move on. There are so many other areas to explore, don't let that one thing put you off. At some point, your level will be so high that wounds no longer happen and you'll sail through and get your Name.
The whole names structure was introduced to help people move through the early stages of the game, but please don't feel locked in by it.
You might consider getting a patron for Dangerous to boost that area painlessly.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 6/7/2019

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
groink19
groink19

6/7/2019
Okay, I will continue and try to not be annoyed by it. Thank you for your encouragement.
0 link
Vincent Asmund
Vincent Asmund

6/7/2019
Maybe this isn't a real issue, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which storylines I've finished and which ones I haven't, and which ones I'm yet to find. I'm not sure if I've reached endgame, but it feels like I'm quickly running out of options for things to do that aren't grinds or the like. Anyone have solutions?

--

Vincent Åsmund
, a rather charming fellow. Do stop by for a cup of tea.
0 link
Jack Capulet
Jack Capulet

6/11/2019

Something is wrong here.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/11/2019
That's probably down to quality boosts from equipped items.

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
0 link
Anne Auclair
Anne Auclair

7/18/2019
Halfway through the first week of the election and the candidate cards seem a little thin on the ground. Perhaps their frequency should be notched up a tier?

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anne%20Auclair
+1 link
phryne
phryne

7/18/2019
Anne Auclair wrote:
Halfway through the first week of the election and the candidate cards seem a little thin on the ground. Perhaps their frequency should be notched up a tier?
Yes please!

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

7/18/2019
phryne wrote:
Anne Auclair wrote:
Yes please!

I agree. I've seen plenty of Reputation enhancing cards (my Campaigner quality is already up to 20) but I've only gotten candidate cards 2 or 3 times, and I'd like to do each option on each of the three cards at least once before the election is over.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
MrCandles
MrCandles

7/22/2019
You tease me by new story with Mrs Plenty, but I buy Ubergoat and have less than 12 Fate. This story is only on this election, so I even cannot fast make alt and grab all Fate from stories!
-2 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

7/22/2019
The Fate-locked candidate options aren't stories, they're just a couple paragraphs of text with additional rewards. (There's also one for each candidate.)

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
MrCandles
MrCandles

7/22/2019
Optimatum wrote:
The Fate-locked candidate options aren't stories, they're just a couple paragraphs of text with additional rewards. (There's also one for each candidate.)

Is this rewards Best-In-Slot items or not?
  • -1 link
    Kharsirr Lynx
    Kharsirr Lynx

7/22/2019
    Optimatum wrote:

Each? I see only Mr Plenty with such option, but no Virgina's Fate-locked option.

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
    0 link
    Jolanda Swan
    Jolanda Swan

7/22/2019
    Yes, only Ps Plenty offers a Fate option. Is that a mistake?

--
    Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
    http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
    0 link
    Azothi
    Azothi

7/22/2019
    Mrs Plenty's Fate option even appearing right now may be a bug. We can assume Virginia's Fate option exists because I paid 12 Fate for it on day one, not remembering that Fate options weren't available the second week last year. Since Plenty has one and Virginia has one, it's safe to assume that Shoshana has one too.

(Just another two and half hours now, hopefully)

--
    Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
    Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
    Hesperidean.
    0 link
    MrCandles
    MrCandles

7/26/2019
    Back "Enthusiastic Urchin" to game!
    -2 link