Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London

Deep. Dark. Marvellous. Our biggest and best-loved game.

Feedback Messages in this topic - RSS

Shalinoth
Shalinoth

2/4/2019
Are there some serious server problems on FL recently? Even this forum locked me out before a few reloads.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

2/4/2019
Shalinoth wrote:
Are there some serious server problems on FL recently? Even this forum locked me out before a few reloads.

We broke the forum but we unbroke it again. smile

Sorry - we are aware of the issues - the forum one is a separate one from the ones which hit over the weekend, and we're continuing to monitor.

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+2 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

2/4/2019
Thank you kindly! Knowing it's not just me has rekindled my patience. smile

edited by Shalinoth on 2/4/2019

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2/11/2019
Since Feast companions will become available again in a couple days, two changes I'm hoping for.

During FotER 2017, Sister Lydia became available as a companion. During Hallowmas 2017, she could be upgraded, removing the original. Then, for a few hours during FotER 2018, the option to acquire an unupgraded Lydia was still available when in possession of her upgrade. Many people missed it, but it made sense to fix. However, this past Hallowmas, an upgraded Lydia could be purchased for Fate. This option didn't require or consume a regular Lydia, nor did it lock with an upgraded Lydia. As the option was not changed during the festival, presumably this was intended.

This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018. Now, others have both because they got Lydia at last year's feast and purchased her upgrade during Hallowmas. But anyone who upgraded her in 2017 and didn't draw the right card at the right moment is unable to get this no-longer-special thing. As such, I'm really hoping that the Feast option gets changed this year to make the two Lydias no longer mutually exclusive. Sure, it doesn't make sense... but it makes just as much sense as buying multiple upgraded Lydias, and that's apparently intended.

My other suggestion is about the items associated with Family and Law.

[spoiler]For players who have not completed the story, it makes perfect sense to only allow obtaining the companion that they side with. Once the story is over, if our favored character died, we can obtain their personal weapon as a keepsake. But if the player's opponent is dead, why not allow us to purchase their associated weapon instead? We may have fought in life, but in death they can still be a respected opponent. I haven't seen the text for recieving their weapon, so maybe the existing branch wouldn't make sense storywise, but there's no narrative reason the player can't have the weapon itself. It would certainly be a meaningful moment for my character.

Plus, you know, it would mean an additional 40-Masquing option for the price of, at most, writing two alternative pieces of text. Another thing for us collectors to spend money on.[/spoiler]

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/11/2019
Optimatum wrote:
This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018.
You don't have them both, don't you?
And it is know that FBG doesn't remove items/qualities from bugs unless they cause bigger problems.
What if they removed acquaintance quality from the advent? They did the opposite: increased the maximum level. But! What if they deleted removed the extra surmise people got?
Why, they should have removed the One who has Indulged in Unknown Pleasures quality? No, they made it possible, for some, to reach level 4 if played certain stories in certain order.
It was doable to have both Lydias via Fate, but it's the same as being upset that some characters are older and got some companions without Fate.

I find this as a mark of history!

Seeing someone's profile with abnormalities probably made people curios and started digging into FL's history which is frigging unique. I'm sure people were thrilled about these little things!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
ESs items and quality requirements sheet
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2/11/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
This is very frustrating! Some people have both Lydias because they were present at Hallowmas 2017 and the start of FotER companions in 2018.
You don't have them both, don't you?

It was doable to have both Lydias via Fate, but it's the same as being upset that some characters are older and got some companions without Fate.

I find this as a mark of history!

Seeing someone's profile with abnormalities probably made people curios and started digging into FL's history which is frigging unique. I'm sure people were thrilled about these little things!

You miss my point.

My issue is not that certain people could get both. While I'm disappointed to have missed that original bug, it's not a big deal. Things happen, opportunities are lost. Nor am I annoyed that it's possible to get both with Fate. This is a free-to-play game and I've spent plenty of Fate in my own time. What irks me here is that a bug was fixed, and then Failbetter intentionally added a feature with the same effect that nobody who played the original content can use.

Having two Lydias isn't a mark of history anymore. Anyone can get both now if they meet the requirements. Hell, if they don't change the Hallowmas option this year, a new player could join tomorrow and still do it. My complaint is that anyone who upgraded Lydia at Hallowmas 2017 is locked out. It feels like being punished for playing content when it originally released.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

2/11/2019
Optimatum wrote:
However, this past Hallowmas, an upgraded Lydia could be purchased for Fate. This option didn't require or consume a regular Lydia, nor did it lock with an upgraded Lydia.

I think this part of your message is incorrect, according to wikia

Note locks here: https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Sister_Lydia_(5_FATE)

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

2/11/2019
Had to check wiki and found the pages!
So the problem is that the Hallowmas Fate option to gain Sister Lydia, At Peace With Herself has no requirements nor lock ones!
But the Feast option is locked if you already have her, in any version, as your companion!

So they should have added the lock on the Hallowmas option for things to be consistent! To be honest, I really thought it had same lock conditions as the Feast option!

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
+1 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

2/11/2019
Kharsirr Lynx wrote:
I think this part of your message is incorrect, according to wikia

Note locks here: https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Sister_Lydia_(5_FATE)

That's the option from Hallowmas 2017 to get the upgrade if you hadn't gotten Lydia at the Feast. The Fate option I mention is the one to get past years' companions that Skinnyman linked.

Skinnyman wrote:
So the problem is that the Hallowmas Fate option to gain Sister Lydia, At Peace With Herself has no requirements nor lock ones!
But the Feast option is locked if you already have her, in any version, as your companion!

So they should have added the lock on the Hallowmas option for things to be consistent! To be honest, I really thought it had same lock conditions as the Feast option!

Exactly. The Hallowmas Fate option neither has requirements nor removes regular Lydia if you already have her. It's inconsistent in a way that locks out long-time active players who upgraded her in 2017, but lets newer players potentially get both. I would have preferred if the Hallowmas Fate option were properly locked, letting double Lydia stay a historical thing. But since they apparently decided it was fine as is, I hope that Failbetter will change the Feast option instead.

Plus it's not like having two different Lydias make less sense than having seven of her peaceful incarnation wink

--

+1 link
Pnakotic
Pnakotic

2/25/2019
Opening multiple Surprise Packages from player inventory is quite a chore. Every time you unwrap one, the storylet dumps you out to your Story tab and you have to go back through Possessions to access the next Surprise Package. (I'm realizing why I let so many of these pile up!) Would it be in any way possible to stay in the "Open a Surprise Package" screen to open multiple packages in succession without having to cycle tabs (sort of like converting wines or other commodities)? Or is that not feasible due to the Surprise Package storylet being accessible via multiple ways, not just the Possession tab?

--
J. Ward Dunn, Glassman

Book of All Hours 9:99: Journey's end in lover's meeting. Progress is ascendancy.
+1 link
Azothi
Azothi

2/25/2019
Pnakotic wrote:
Opening multiple Surprise Packages from player inventory is quite a chore. Every time you unwrap one, the storylet dumps you out to your Story tab and you have to go back through Possessions to access the next Surprise Package. (I'm realizing why I let so many of these pile up!) Would it be in any way possible to stay in the "Open a Surprise Package" screen to open multiple packages in succession without having to cycle tabs (sort of like converting wines or other commodities)? Or is that not feasible due to the Surprise Package storylet being accessible via multiple ways, not just the Possession tab?
In the absence of a more authoritative response, I believe the way that the current Bundle of Oddities is structured makes this difficult, as you note. You can't reopen the bundle, so the only way forward is through "Onwards" because opening the bundle is a different story than opening the package. As long as the Surprise Package uses the current Bundle of Oddities system, I'm not sure this is feasible.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
0 link
xKiv
xKiv

2/28/2019
It could probably be done, if all reward branches were duplicated, with only one visible:
- one version for "does not have any suprise packages left" that dumps you back at storelets tab
- the other "has at least one surprise package left"), which would dump you straight into a storylet where you can open another surprise package or leave

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+1 link
phryne
phryne

3/7/2019
Firstly, thank you for the new heist! New free content is always welcome.

Secondly, it would be grand if Heists got an infinite deck, like Zee-voyages. I'm not quite sure whether most "special locations" have unlimited decks or not - probably not - but I think they should have. In fact, the limited deck size is the main reason why I usually avoid doing Heists.

The Heist is a special location where you can't do anything but play the cards you've drawn. So it seems rather silly when you sit there with a full action candle and nothing to do, waiting for the next card to appear in 10 minutes.

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+3 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi

3/8/2019
Well said, Phryne, very much in favour of the unlimited deck for heists. I enjoy them, but tend to get into the same position of sitting there cardless and having to go away and dig the garden,

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/8/2019
EDIT #3: Didn't know new heists require 2 more AP to finish it! When adding those, the number goes down to 2.046.

They already have best EPA (2.414 with Big Rat casing + 1 Information) and the card refresh when exiting isn't just double. I think they are already OP.

Got the number by changing the end result to 30 E + documents (if any) - talkative cat (some times you need it!). Min action required was 3 and max was 9, but avg was 4.22 cards per heist.

EDIT: to "lose" cards because of the waiting time during heists, you need to draw 7 cards (12 for exceptional friends). Any number under that adds few free cards upon exit.

EDIT #2: That number was, of course, with 5 card lodging and 10 Dreaded.
edited by Skinnyman on 3/8/2019

--
+1 link
Kharsirr Lynx
Kharsirr Lynx

3/8/2019
Note that until The Bug fixed 5 cards lodgins do actually spam you with Struggling Artist et al.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Kharsirr%20Lynx
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

3/9/2019
Umlimited cards in heists would make sense. You still have the action limit. I love doing them, but waiting for your cards to go to 5 so you can enter, and then waiting for the reload while inside simply forces you to step away from the game.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Reginald Cooper
Reginald Cooper

3/10/2019
Dear Good People at Failbetter Games:

I'm in my Lodgings, attempting to engage in Preparatory Research before Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery. Only when I click the blue button that says "GO", the game doesn't go. A loading circle appears in the button, and nothing else happens. All the other buttons (including Travel) are still available. Also, my Possessions tab lists my pages of Cryptopaleontological Notes, Prelapsarian Archeological Notes, and Theosophistical Notes _twice_ (for each type of note). Please advise.

Sorry for putting this on your forums rather than as an email to support@failbettergames.com . I did *try* to send it as an email to support, and it was rejected, due to "spam classification". I'd like advice on that as well. (Honestly, I'm not sending spam. I'm sending this message right now.)

Otherwise, I am continuing to enjoy your game very much!

Sincerely,

Reginald Cooper
edited by Reginald Cooper on 3/10/2019
0 link
Reginald Cooper
Reginald Cooper

3/11/2019
Reginald Cooper wrote:
Dear Good People at Failbetter Games:

I'm in my Lodgings, attempting to engage in Preparatory Research before Embarking on a Voyage of Scientific Discovery. Only when I click the blue button that says "GO", the game doesn't go. A loading circle appears in the button, and nothing else happens. All the other buttons (including Travel) are still available. Also, my Possessions tab lists my pages of Cryptopaleontological Notes, Prelapsarian Archeological Notes, and Theosophistical Notes _twice_ (for each type of note). Please advise.

Sorry for putting this on your forums rather than as an email to support@failbettergames.com . I did *try* to send it as an email to support, and it was rejected, due to "spam classification". I'd like advice on that as well. (Honestly, I'm not sending spam. I'm sending this message right now.)

Otherwise, I am continuing to enjoy your game very much!

Sincerely,

Reginald Cooper
edited by Reginald Cooper on 3/10/2019

The matter alluded to above has been set right! Thank you very much!

Reginald Cooper
edited by Reginald Cooper on 3/11/2019
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

3/21/2019
Oh come on. I went on to play the Polite Invitation, and something hurt my eyes. The Contrarian's card has been changed to reflect his electionposter/mayor card/companion portrait - in any way, his newest picture.
Now, I am not a fun of this picture which is a matter of personal preference of course, but this is not what bothered me. The rest of the guests (Tentacled Enterpreneur, Admiral, Turkish Girl, the Brass Embassy Ambassador) all use old style portraits that are perfectly proportional. When you play the Invitation, they unfold like a gallery. The Contrarian is not only drawn in a completely different style, he has completely different proportions too.
I never minded the blending of different art styles (silhouette art, old art, new realistic art) but this time it looks too out of place.
I know it is not really important, just a tiny aesthetics matter, but if you can't rant in the feedback thread, then by God what is becoming of London?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link