Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Seeking the Amanuensis Messages in this topic - RSS

Greg Carere
Greg Carere

2/11/2014
I became a PoSI some three or four weeks ago, and have been eagerly awaiting Slowcake's Amanuensis so I could begin a rise in Notability. He came by shortly after I became a PoSI, but it was just after Time the Healer had swept away most of my stack of MW and before I realized that BDR lowered the MW requirement, so I played a couple of the repeatable options on his card and then backed out, failing to realize that that would expend the card.

It's been weeks since I've seen him, and without that vital first point of Notability, I've no means of compelling him to come back on my own. It got to the point where I thought I'd somehow screwed up my ability to even see the guy, so I emailed the fine folks at FBG, and Alexis suggested that I poke around here to see if someone was wiling to donate a point (which I hadn't realized was a possibility).

Would any of my fellow, more prominent residents of the Neath be willing to help me out? I'm not sure what I can offer in return - not because I'm not willing, but because I'm pretty unfamiliar with the social actions and gifts available to me at the moment, so any guidance at all would be helpful.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Greg~Carere
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel

2/11/2014
You need to be an acquaintance of the person who will donate your notability point. I'm sorry to say that I am capped for acquaintances so can't help you myself.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

2/11/2014
Greg Carere wrote:
I became a PoSI some three or four weeks ago, and have been eagerly awaiting Slowcake's Amanuensis so I could begin a rise in Notability. He came by shortly after I became a PoSI, but it was just after Time the Healer had swept away most of my stack of MW and before I realized that BDR lowered the MW requirement, so I played a couple of the repeatable options on his card and then backed out, failing to realize that that would expend the card.

It's been weeks since I've seen him, and without that vital first point of Notability, I've no means of compelling him to come back on my own. It got to the point where I thought I'd somehow screwed up my ability to even see the guy, so I emailed the fine folks at FBG, and Alexis suggested that I poke around here to see if someone was wiling to donate a point (which I hadn't realized was a possibility).

Would any of my fellow, more prominent residents of the Neath be willing to help me out? I'm not sure what I can offer in return - not because I'm not willing, but because I'm pretty unfamiliar with the social actions and gifts available to me at the moment, so any guidance at all would be helpful.

Arrgh. I'm willing to dump someone and add you, but I JUST cashed in all my notability to get the 200 stat persuasive thing. Um. I'll do what I can to get back up as fast as possible - but we'll both be waiting for him ...

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
0 link
Richard
Richard

2/11/2014
I have Notability to give away, and more importantly, have Slowcake's Thingummybob waiting patiently in my hand. As others have noted, we need to be Acquaintances - if you're still looking, send "Mr Puckeridge" a calling card.

Cheers
Richard

Edit - and it's done.
edited by Richard on 2/11/2014
+1 link
Richard
Richard

2/11/2014
Interestingly, donating a point of Notability appears to be a repeatable action. So it's possible that as long as I remember not to click Perhaps Not, I could accept someone else's calling card on the Messages tab and then give them a point too.

No promises! It might not work. But if anyone wants to try, feel free to send me [that's "Mr Puckeridge"] a calling card - first come first served.

Edit - no takers among freshly-minted POSIs, so open now to anyone.
edited by Richard on 2/11/2014
0 link
Greg Carere
Greg Carere

2/11/2014
Many thanks to the esteemed Mr. Puckeridge. I hope I can repay the favor (or at least pay it forward) soon.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Greg~Carere
+1 link
Sigr
Sigr

2/14/2014
And again I am in the position where I need that 1st Notability point and the Amanuensis is ignoring me!

I was also silly enough to unknowingly exchange my cap+8 Watchful with cap+5 Watchful because I didn't understand that it was not cumulative. So I spent that Notability for naught and now need the 1st point.

--
an inescapable, sagacious, midnight and sinister lady
0 link
Lashkar
Lashkar

5/10/2014
I am in a similar situation - recent PoSI, Amanuensis apparently ignoring me - and would be very grateful if someone could help.

--
Wriothesley: Call me "Risley". My first character, around midgame
Asesina Ballenas: whale killer. Alt, recently PoSI
Happy to accept most social actions; will help with menace reduction if it's reciprocated.
0 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

10/19/2014
I've recently spent all my points of notability on the game of K&C, and it would be nice if someone could send me a point =)

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
0 link