Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Feast of the Exceptional Rose. Messages in this topic - RSS

Elene
Elene

2/14/2014
Does anyone know which rose gifts are equipable/usable items? Also, what do we do with all this masquing in the end anyways?

--
Elene: Generally open for invitations. No cats or Photographers though.
May or may not actually be Mr Wines.

Associates: Grey Colors, Elene2
0 link
OPG
OPG

2/14/2014
This will help with the items from last year. From this year, I know the Stole is equippable but I know nothing about the others.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that everything else from this year is a Curiosity and not something that can be equipped.
edited by OPG on 2/14/2014

--
overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
0 link
Elene
Elene

2/14/2014
Thats a bit of a pity. Some of these give a lot of BDR.

--
Elene: Generally open for invitations. No cats or Photographers though.
May or may not actually be Mr Wines.

Associates: Grey Colors, Elene2
+1 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

2/14/2014
I guess Failbetter wanted to give people pure Masquing options rather than forcing the recipient to choose between keeping a nice item or gaining Masquing.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+1 link

"Many" Chin

2/14/2014
an_ocelot wrote:
Oh hey, the Masquing trade-ins are on the Celebrate pinned storylet now. Cool.

(No, ignore me, painted cats are a bad deal, avoid them.)

• edited by an_ocelot on 2/14/2014

• yes!! waiting for the right cards is so annoying. i had to discard some bronze and dream cards that i very much wanted to play. oh wait, i still havee to wait for lilac cards!

btw looks like some of the weather-dependent options in the An Encounter at the Feast card, can give masquing with a stat challenge instead of a luck challenge. one of them is "finding lost love" for a certain bandaged gentleman.

--
    "My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
    - The Goblin King.
    0 link
    OPG
    OPG

2/14/2014
    Sara Hysaro wrote:
    I guess Failbetter wanted to give people pure Masquing options rather than forcing the recipient to choose between keeping a nice item or gaining Masquing.
    I just wish receiving the items dumped Masquing into your inventory, and not having to choose between a trinket or the appropriate Masquing level.

--
    overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
    0 link
    DrBobTudor
    DrBobTudor

2/15/2014
    Based on what folks have been trying at the Perfumed Pleasure Garden what is the best way to grind either Masquing or Gifts? I've found the Wheel of Fortune to be profitable. On a regular success it gives 10 Romantic Notions and an increase in Persuasive. On a rare success I got +1 to Masquing, 1 Memory of Light and 1 Antique Mystery. On a failure I received a Gift of Scorn (which can be converted to +1 Masquing via Lilac) and a small decrease in Persuasive. There doesn't seem to be much of a downside with the Wheel of Fortune. Are any of the other options better than this one?

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/DrBobTudor
    +1 link
    Spacemarine9
    Spacemarine9

2/15/2014
    Nope, the Wheel of Fortune is pretty much the best one at the minute. Although you should almost definitely play the Feast of the Rose card when it shows up; pretty much all the options give 1-2 Masquing, so it's worth a look.

--
    my rats will blot out the sun
    Ratgames
    FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
    #FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
    #SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
    0 link
    Cordial
    Cordial

2/15/2014
    Does anyone know if you can only take honey with the Captivating Princess (and receive the Dreadful Surmise) once?
    0 link
    Spacemarine9
    Spacemarine9

2/15/2014
    You can only meet the Princess once; if you have Acquaintance: Captivating Princess 1, the option locks.

--
    my rats will blot out the sun
    Ratgames
    FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
    #FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
    #SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
    0 link
    Helen Demeter
    Helen Demeter

2/15/2014
    I just want to propose to someone but I can't since Time, the Stubborn Bugger wasn't working for my character and it's been fixed. But I'll need to wait for a week before I can get a Free Evening but I have a sinking feeling that a wedding will not be possible with the short amount of time the preparations need to be done.

Alas! It seems the love continues to be a complicated and muddy affair between my object of devotion and I. Some Masters must be giddy over some situations all of us are in and the stories we're creating. Others perhaps less than pleased.

--
    Helen Demeter, the Bohemian Beauty
    Has finally returned after an unexpected hiatus. Please mind the dust but do know that I'm now open to all social actions and invitations.
    0 link
    Mordaine Barimen
    Mordaine Barimen

2/15/2014
    I, for one, would be terribly amused if during the 10K Prep wedding, Mr. Iron arrived and held up a sign stating simply, "DISAPPOINTED."
    edited by Mordaine Barimen on 2/15/2014

--
    I'm sorry, but due to policy clarifications, I will no longer be giving detailed mechanics advice on the forums.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel.
    +8 link
    mayexist
    mayexist

2/15/2014
    Helen Demeter wrote:
    I just want to propose to someone but I can't since Time, the Stubborn Bugger wasn't working for my character and it's been fixed. But I'll need to wait for a week before I can get a Free Evening but I have a sinking feeling that a wedding will not be possible with the short amount of time the preparations need to be done.

I think it's safe to say that the wedding content is here to stay considering the elaborateness of the wedding preparations.

--
    0 link
    OPG
    OPG

2/15/2014
    I'm not saying the RNG hates me; all I'm saying is that I currently have fourteen dead bats to cash in to Lilac have yet to catch a glimpse of her in my opp deck.

EDIT: Maybe I should buy some fate-locked gifts. That'll probably help.
    edited by OPG on 2/15/2014

--

0 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond

2/15/2014
    A B Nile wrote:
    How long does the Feast last, dear friends?

I believe FBG said two weeks when that question came up back in January.

• --
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
  • 0 link
    Polybius
    Polybius

2/15/2014
    How to send gifts of adoration?

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Polybius
    0 link
    Fhoenix
    Fhoenix

2/15/2014
    You can't send them. It's an item from older Feasts and Intimate with the Devils story. For most of the players there is no way to get them.

--
    My Character
    0 link
    Helen Demeter
    Helen Demeter

2/15/2014
    mayexist wrote:
    Helen Demeter wrote:

I think it's safe to say that the wedding content is here to stay considering the elaborateness of the wedding preparations.

I hope that's the case. Since the option is not included here and the Twitter confirmation does not add it, I would like for those grinding for 10,000 to achieve it! That will be a beautiful wedding no doubt.

edited by ArtRulesAll on 2/15/2014

• edited by ArtRulesAll on 2/15/2014

--
    Has finally returned after an unexpected hiatus. Please mind the dust but do know that I'm now open to all social actions and invitations.
    0 link
    Alexis Kennedy
    Alexis Kennedy

2/15/2014
    Good Lord yes, weddings are intended as a permanent feature. The Feast of the Rose is just a suitable launch-pad, and a propitious time of year.
  • +5 link
    Helen Demeter
    Helen Demeter

2/15/2014
    Yay! Thank you, magnanimous hatkitty.

--
    +3 link