Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Acknowledgeable Achievements and Accoutrements Messages in this topic - RSS

hwango
hwango

6/6/2012
Felicity Chase wrote:
By the way, what's the highest Changed by the Iron Republic out there? Mine is 14 and it'll probably keep increasing, since I'm attempting to make a flowchart of all the storylets.

Well, I can't compete with you on that one - I cashed most of mine in to see how many Journals I could fill (3, before I fell below the needed limit). I spent a while in the loop building it up, but panicked when my Suspicion got to 8. Fortunately, they don't throw you into prison straight from the Iron Republic, and I was able to knock off a few points before leaving.

--
Mantelpiece || Art Gallery of Doom
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

6/7/2012
Felicity Chase wrote:
By the way, what's the highest Changed by the Iron Republic out there? Mine is 14 and it'll probably keep increasing, since I'm attempting to make a flowchart of all the storylets.

I got up to 20+ in making my flowchart before cashing some of it in.

(If anyone isn't straightforward on all the Steadfast challenges, I would love to know if they open up any new branches; I haven't come across any way to lower that to try for myself.)

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/7/2012
an_ocelot wrote:
I got up to 20+ in making my flowchart before cashing some of it in.

(If anyone isn't straightforward on all the Steadfast challenges, I would love to know if they open up any new branches; I haven't come across any way to lower that to try for myself.)

By the way, how much Steadfast is required for the Straightforward test?

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Aryenke
Aryenke

6/7/2012
It has been quite a week. I became a POSI last weekend, and have just now moved into my Premises at the Bazaar. In other news this week, I agreed to start a newspaper (tho, I'll have to get some resources sorted out to do that), inadvertently stumbled into Wilmot's End, and my zubmarine progresses nicely (tho, I may need some accounting help, as I need resources for this as well). Life in Fallen London is quite stimulating lately, quite.

--
@Aryenke
She looks boring, but she has a secret!

Current Chair of the Confident Rogues and Counterfeit Scholars Club (open admission season)

Want to spar, play chess, loiter, share a meal, count days, collect change? I'm available. (PM me about others)
0 link
Felicity Chase
Felicity Chase

6/7/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
an_ocelot wrote:

I have 11 Steadfast and it's straightforward for me.

--
@FelicityChase
Currently accepting: Almost all social actions. But please don't send me invitations to private dinners. And Nightmares may take a very long time to accept, unless you're willing to take some of mine in return.
0 link
silasilent
silasilent

6/7/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:

My records show it was Straightforward for me at the time, and I'm not sure if my Steadfast has changed since then, but it's 9 now. I suppose it might have been 8 at the time, but I doubt it would have dropped enough for it to have been 10.

--
Merciless. Cruel. Relentless. Romance Novelist.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/8/2012
Thanks! Good to know, I'm currently at 8 - I'll look for some chances to increas it a little.

On a completely different subject - I'm currently at zee for a voyage of scientific discovery, and I was thinking about hoarding some Notes to gain some Collated Research for God's Editors once back in London. To catch two birds with one stone (well, more of three birds in this case), has anybody yet compiled a substantial collection of volumes of Prelapsarian Archaeology?

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

6/8/2012
Not substantial, but I have five of them - one for each Fallen City, perhaps.

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/8/2012
Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
Not substantial, but I have five of them - one for each Fallen City, perhaps.

Well, I'm not thinking about a specific number, but I'll need 12x Collated Research for the membership, and as I'm at zee I was thinking of doing most of it via my Notes. Though, I'm still finishing the first tour of the isles, if you particularly treasure the Prelapasrian Archaeology, I could just concentrate on Cryptozoology or Theosophy. I was more inclined to Prelapsarian Archaeology just because I had more notes to begin with, and also because character-wise archaeology is more pertinent to his original field of study (not exactly an archaeologist, but he was a professor of Latin literature before going to the Neath).

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
amaresu
amaresu

6/8/2012
I have six volumes of Prelapsarian Archaeology and I haven't even really tried to collect them, so I imagine someone out there has a lot more.

--
Please no cats or Trailing Affluent Photographers; everything else is fair game.

amaresu | Pearl | ama_shine
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/8/2012
Anybody on Cryptopaleontology or Theosophy?

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Samuel Goodall
Samuel Goodall

6/12/2012
I'm building up Cryptopaleontology and Prelapsarian. 19 and 12 each. Not very impressive though, but I have more research to convert that I never bothered getting around to.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/12/2012
Got me 12 Prelapsarians too, to use the Collated Research to earn me the membership of God's Editors, but probably I'll grind some more in my next zee trip: Corpsecage Island does yield some extra Cryptic Clues and Proscribed Materials I could definitely use ^^ Maybe on my road to the Iron Republic (I'm getting myself a Safe-Conduct right now)?

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Samuel Goodall
Samuel Goodall

6/12/2012
20,15 after using up my notes.
0 link
Nathan Attford
Nathan Attford

6/14/2012
An update: Tonight I reached Connected: Society 1003, thus settling for myself the question of whether Connections cap out at 999, 1000, or somewhere beyond.

http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Nathan~Attford

(eta: Before anyone asks, there has been no new title since 150, I'm still "Famed!")
edited by Nathan Attford on 6/14/2012

--
@nathan_attford - my roleplay twitter account.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Nathan~Attford-Fenwick
+2 link
Little The
Little The

6/14/2012
Good heavens. How in the world did you get it so high? o_O

--
A gentleman of numerous descriptors that change far too often. Second chance and menace reduction invites are welcome.

My journey to Seek the Name is recorded for posterity here. I asked "Who is Salt?"

I am a member of the Temple Club. If you would like an invitation, feel free to request one!

Fallen London is a game of choices. When you make an important one, you can record your rationale here.
+1 link
Nathan Attford
Nathan Attford

6/14/2012
Little The wrote:
Good heavens. How in the world did you get it so high? o_O

Actually, raising Connected: Society is easy, if you have access to the Palace (I'm exiled from Court, so you don't even need that). I attended the Duchess' Salon and was Erudite, which will get you a level of Connected: Society for every two actions you spend on it, even once you're past 50 and the point gain flattens out. For, uh, 1700 actions or so, since I was already at 150 when I started. Grindy, but not nearly as bad as getting an Overgoat was.

--
+3 link
amaresu
amaresu

6/15/2012
Nathan Attford wrote:
An update: Tonight I reached Connected: Society 1003, thus settling for myself the question of whether Connections cap out at 999, 1000, or somewhere beyond.

(eta: Before anyone asks, there has been no new title since 150, I'm still "Famed!")

I feel like we should petition Failbetter to make a new title just for you.

--
Please no cats or Trailing Affluent Photographers; everything else is fair game.

amaresu | Pearl | ama_shine
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

6/15/2012
amaresu wrote:
Nathan Attford wrote:

That sounds like a good idea, I posted it in the Suggestions:

http://feedback.echobazaar.failbettergames.com/forums/25389-suggestions/suggestions/2929863-create-a-new-title-for-the-quality-connected-soc

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Nathan Attford
Nathan Attford

6/15/2012
amaresu wrote:

streetfelineblue wrote:
That sounds like a good idea, I posted it in the Suggestions:

LOL. I'm pretty sure qualities aren't really meant to go that high, but I suppose it's worth a shot. smile

--
0 link