Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

Looking for a confession of something terrible. Messages in this topic - RSS

fizgot
fizgot

11/15/2013
I just got 5 in every menace and am looking to share horrible secrets with anyone else seeking a name.

(I think that means you confess secrets to me. I actually am having trouble figuring out where I saw the confessional)

--
I like passing cats.
follow me @Nerdofsky
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

11/15/2013
It's too late to confess to anyone, only cash in confessions.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 11/15/2013

--
my rats will blot out the sun
Ratgames
FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
#FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
#SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
+1 link
fizgot
fizgot

11/15/2013
Wait what? But ... why? I've just spent the last few days getting my menaces high enough.

I always feel like I'm missing so much with this game. Makes me wish it were more stable. Or a book.

--
I like passing cats.
follow me @Nerdofsky
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

11/15/2013
Well, it's a seasonal event, innit. Not exactly a rare thing for a game to have.
You didn't miss much, for what it's worth. Nothing these Confessions gave out is exclusive, it's all possible to get elsewhere. And the SMEN option was just a sentence and a stat drop, too.

The only sort-of-missable thing is the St. Destin's Candle acquisition method. But it's nasty.

--
Ratgames
+1 link
fizgot
fizgot

11/15/2013
Spacemarine9 wrote:
Well, it's a seasonal event, innit. Not exactly a rare thing for a game to have.
You didn't miss much, for what it's worth. Nothing these Confessions gave out is exclusive, it's all possible to get elsewhere. And the SMEN option was just a sentence and a stat drop, too.

The only sort-of-missable thing is the St. Destin's Candle acquisition method. But it's nasty.

I don't really hang out in these forums (on account of how I have waaaay too many passwords to keep track of already and every time I have to visit I have to admit (as much as to myself as the automated password system) that I forgot again.) So I don't know what some of the lingo is. I don't know what SMEN means. It sounds like seamen. (I do have a zubmarine, but lets change this line of thought.)

While I do kinda care about the items and stats I really care about the story. That line of dialog, the sentence I missed. I wish there were ways to get to and read all of what's on offer. Every snippet of dialog that the writers wrote should be lovingly embraced as part of the whole. (alright, I tend to wax poetic about these sorts of things.)

Even accepting that some of it is pay content, and some of the things are choices (I sure do wonder what would have happened had I advised my scholarly patron NOT to go to hell), and that some things are skill or rarity or otherwise exclusive to a few who manage them... I still feel like I'm missing large chunks of the game.

Sometimes I do an exclusive story (like seeking a secular missionary) and I scroll down to see if I was successful, note the rewards, and click 'onward' before realizing I forgot to read the story.

Sometimes I pick an option that advances the story to the next point without getting all the dialog from this point.

And often I grow tired of success and rewards and wonder what would happen if I failed, and notice my stats are too high to ever allow that (but am still striving for higher stats to learn what success will offer in other areas)

Sooo... you wouldn't be willing to, eh... cheat. And tell me what that snippet of dialog was? Tell me what Sentence it was I missed.

(also what's up with the candles? I got 1 earlier. It claims to not exist. What was the 'candle aquisition method' you speak of?)

--
I like passing cats.
follow me @Nerdofsky
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

11/15/2013
SMEN being shorthand for Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name.

Missable content; well, that's kind of the hot topic at the minute, and has been for a while. Wikis exist in sort of a tenuous state. It would be nice to have a resource to check missed content and the like out on, but there are numerous issues with reproducing content wholesale.
I'll PM you the confession bit.

Candles are the vital resource for progression in Seeking! There are seven of them, of which St. Destin's is the fourth. The Destinies event allowed you to get one at the cost of giving you -3 to all stats permanently; now, during Confessions, the candle can be acquired differently. Another Seeker can send the candle to you, but it will cost them half their current stats (!) and cost you a little less than 5 levels of all stats as well as half your second chances.

--
Ratgames
+1 link