Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

User script - how much are you worth + Wardrobe! Messages in this topic - RSS

Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

5/23/2013
How exactly is FL unplayable? I use Firefox without any Fallen London scripts and everything is fine. Not right at this very moment, but usually okay.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 5/23/2013

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Ewan C.
Ewan C.

5/23/2013
Sara Hysaro wrote:
How exactly is FL unplayable? I use Firefox without any Fallen London scripts and everything is fine. Not right at this very moment, but usually okay.

Well, this morning I'm getting only error screens (rare) or blank white screens. However, turning the script off didn't fix it, so may not be the issue in fact, more a coincidence.

• 0 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

5/23/2013
    Yeah, it's just a coincidence. Nothing changed recently regarding scripts as far as I'm aware, the post I am referencing happened a month ago.

Alexis Kennedy wrote:
    All scripts are prohibited, including relatively benign ones that e.g. automate outfit-changing, in part because it's difficult to draw the line, in part because we dislike wasting time on support and finding that the cause of weird behaviour is user scripts. Of course we pursue some sorts of thing more aggressively than others. We can and will delete accounts permanently.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 5/23/2013

--
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

0 link
    Joy Phillip
    Joy Phillip

7/4/2013
    Is this going to be updated so that it works with the new Bazaar?

• --
    Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joy~Phillip
  • 0 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

7/4/2013
    Scripts aren't allowed anymore, so probably not.

--

0 link
    Nigel Overstreet
    Nigel Overstreet

7/4/2013
    Sara Hysaro wrote:
    Scripts aren't allowed anymore, so probably not.

And to all the kind folks who made automation and macro scripts making FBG ban all fan scripts and ruining it for the rest of us, let me say I am very, very disappointed in you.

--
    The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
    Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
    0 link
    Flipz
    Flipz

7/4/2013
    Indeed.

Several of these would be nice as official features--particularly things like the "What are you worth" function. Perhaps some of the FBG devs will take pity on us and adapt some of the features of the more popular user scripts into some sort of official feature.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :P

--
    Profile Link

Happy to accept all Second Chance, Menace reduction, and Affluent Photographer requests. No boxed cats or SMEN, please.

0/50 Bazaar Permit (New counters coming soon!)
    0 link
    Diptych
    Diptych
    Administrator

7/4/2013
    I understand why FBG made the ruling they did, but this was a really good script. I'd be pretty spiffy if some of its features could be integrated in FL.

--
    Diptych, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    +1 link
    Lilly Budgies
    Lilly Budgies

11/9/2013
    +1

I just tried it out, not being aware of the script ban (found now, that I know of it). So, off you go again then, neat little script! Hope to see you again some day, officially implemented. Grawk!

--
    Chiaroscuro
    0 link