Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Mapping Fallen London - Spoilers of a Sort Messages in this topic - RSS

Azothi
Azothi

7/25/2019
MrCandles wrote:
Where is Flute Street?
Flute Street likely doesn't correspond to any real-life London location (it's beneath the Neath, after all), and it's likely been here for a few cities now.

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

7/25/2019
True. It has an East-End feeling to it, and located as it is under the Carnival it is probably somewhere to the East, but it was there long before London fell.
Which makes you wonder, did the other cities have Rubberies? Did they call them by other names?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

7/25/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Which makes you wonder, did the other cities have Rubberies? Did they call them by other names?

Yes to the first question. (I can't remember why I know this, however.) Probably to the second question.

Also, while Azothi's correct as far as I know, it's also a play of sorts on Fleet Street.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
MrCandles
MrCandles

7/26/2019
Azothi wrote:
MrCandles wrote:
Where is Flute Street?
Flute Street likely doesn't correspond to any real-life London location (it's beneath the Neath, after all), and it's likely been here for a few cities now.

Where on map?
Which makes you wonder, did the other cities have Rubberies?

First sity - haven't. Third and fourth - have. Second - maybe.

• +1 link
    Siankan
    Siankan

8/23/2019
    Nameless Jane wrote:
    Where is located all lodgings? Especially, where is abandoned cemetery with family crypt?

Excepting the big three, none of the lodgings have specified locations. The crypt could be located in any cemetery in London (possibly, for all we know, even one not founded until London fell).

--
    0 link
    Siankan
    Siankan

8/24/2019
    Nameless Jane wrote:
    Not directly point. Regions. Possibly locations.

There are a few fairly specific lodgings. The Observatory cottage is, of course, on Watchmaker's Hill (i.e. Greenwich). The steamer lies along the shores of the Unterzee--south or east, I don't think we're told. Townhouses can appear all over London, but particularly nice ones may be found in the City and the fashionable districts north of Kensington (i.e. the Shuttered Palace). The writers seem fond of mentioning townhouses along Ladybones Road. Conversely, gambling dens are less likely to be found in those areas; Spite, Wolfstack, and Watchmaker's Hill are all natural locations for them.

Besides that, however, locations are very generalized. There are cemeteries and bookshops all over London. Without better in-game context, there's no way to nail down a particular area. (The flip side is that this gives you lots of creative freedom. If you want your character to be living in a certain area, it can probably happen.)

--
    +1 link
    phryne
    phryne

21 days ago
    The new ES expressly mentions Charley Square being near the Shuttered Palace, not in Watchmakers Hill.

--
    Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
    Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
    0 link
    Optimatum
    Optimatum

20 days ago
    It also mentions the Inns of Court, apparently on route to Doubt Street.

--
    Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
    0 link