Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeStoryNexus » Creator Worlds: playtesting and announcements

What the community and third parties are building in StoryNexus

Seeking alpha testers for cyberpunk role playing Messages in this topic - RSS

OctaviaCrowe
OctaviaCrowe

3/22/2015
I'd love to! Drop me a pm!

--
Ms. Octavia Crowe, the Hellfaring Mystic, former keeper of the Books of Brass. The Seeking... the Name... it has devoured... everything.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

4/27/2015
Wow... big new storyline released! Should be a good'un, even if I do say so myself.

--
cyberpunkdreams storynexus alpha
0 link
Silver Priest
Silver Priest

4/28/2015
Just want to assure everyone that this is already an amazing game, especially for an alpha.I've been playing it for nearly a year and the amount of content added in that timeframe is insane.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

4/28/2015
Silver Priest wrote:
Just want to assure everyone that this is already an amazing game, especially for an alpha.I've been playing it for nearly a year and the amount of content added in that timeframe is insane.

Thanks for the big up! Big Grin

--
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/5/2015
Just released a bunch more work on the mechanics and some new story material. With the mechanics creeping towards being done it means that story stuff gets easier and easier to produce. I keep putting it off thinking, "Oh, but that story will need this mechanic, and that's not polished yet..." You know how it is wink

--
0 link
Violet
Violet

5/7/2015
I'm interested.
I have been meddling with the storynexus engine for a while now, furthermore, I kinda like your idea and the fact its a two years project makes me really curious.

--
A diary of Violet's exploits in Fallen London
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/7/2015
Violet wrote:
I'm interested.
I have been meddling with the storynexus engine for a while now, furthermore, I kinda like your idea and the fact its a two years project makes me really curious.

Thanks, just got your PM as well. I'll reply over there.

--
0 link
LexiLopezi
LexiLopezi

5/21/2015
May I help alpha test this? It sounds interesting! (Plus I can't resist a nice piece of cyberpunk.)

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lopezi

Lopezi, a sagacious and crafty lady. Feel free to send a calling card. I will probably accept social actions as long as you don't spam me with them; two is the limit. Would love some boxed cats.
0 link
pickten
pickten

5/21/2015
I would also like to test.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/pickten
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

5/21/2015
Thanks, both! I'll send PMs.

--
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/15/2015
Just released another big new batch of content, including a whole new area with new places and mechanics, a couple of new characters (one's really just sketched so far) and some new story content. Testers are still welcome!

Just to note about NPCs in the game -- they may be a bit different from those you are used to in Fallen London. They're kind of the main part of the game and are richly detailed. The most complex so far has about 20 qualities and growing. They interact with the various stories in the game, and relate to your own character in different ways depending on the direction in which you're going.

--
0 link
Unlikely
Unlikely

6/15/2015
Hi, would you like another tester?
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/15/2015
Unlikely wrote:
Hi, would you like another tester?

Hey, sure thing! I'll send you a PM.

--
0 link
Hypersomnus
Hypersomnus

6/15/2015
Might I be able to help test this game as well? It seems very cool from the posts so far.

--
Maxwell Q Tenebris; Agelastic Ailuromancer, Scarlet Saint, Monochromatic Myrmidon and Correspondent
Accepting all social actions besides loitering and Photographer.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? get on the list!
A Map of the Iron Republic
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/15/2015
Indeed! I'll send you a PM.

Hypersomnus wrote:
Might I be able to help test this game as well? It seems very cool from the posts so far.

--
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/22/2015
Another week, another batch of new content. A few things this time, one of which is the mechanics around gunshot wounds (the game already has knife wounds and serious bruising). If that sounds bad, it's a precursor to dynamic gun battles, which should be fairly exciting.

The game already features a number of dynamics scenes -- chasing and being chased, deep conversations, interrogations, haggling, etc., with plenty more to come. These scenes are each a single card but with dozens of options which shift and change depending on the current situation and random chance combined with your character, skills and equipment. So at any one time just a handful of the total number of options are available, with your actions affecting the next selection and future selections over time. So, for example, if you're questioning someone and keep going for an easy option, you might actually be backing them into a corner and changing that option into a hard one (or locking it out entirely).

Anyway, still got room for another tester or two; please let me know if you're interested and I'll send a PM with the details.

--
+1 link
techgodd
techgodd

6/29/2015
hello....am very interested in testing
0 link
Cryptix23
Cryptix23

6/29/2015
Oh man, this sounds cool. Still room for one more? I've got more background in pulp-noir and gaslamp than in cyberpunk but you had me at dynamic NPCs.

--
Prone to occasionally disappear for weeks at a time.

Lady 23; the Magnanimous Midnighter, self-styled detective vigilante. Extraordinary Mind. Loves boxed cats.
The Aluminum Eagle; grumpy bandaged hobgoblin with entirely too many dogs. Shattering Force.
Threnody Lament; charmingly ruthless socialite.
Carrion Crow; Seeker of the Name. Cares little for safety or sanity.

All characters accepting calling cards and social actions. Follow their adventures here
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/29/2015
I've sent you both PMs, thanks!

--
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/29/2015
And in other news... another fairly hefty update. New content in a few places, especially the Projects, but the big thing this time has been clothing and personal style.

You now have 20 personal styles from which to chose. The ones you've got available depend on the clothing and accessories you've got equipped, and those are available all over the place (37 different items so far). Depending on the consistency of your style and some other factors, you then get a quality called "Dressed to impress". That gets used in various situations, with more to follow now that the mechanic is firmly bedded in.

More styles may also come in future, plus lots more clothing items. The styles don't affect anything directly so far (just your Dressed to impress score), but will probably start to do so in future, but just in odd situations. Clothing and equipment also affects other things, of course, such as skills, armour, etc. Counting absolutely everything, there are about 300 items in the game so far.

A lot of the recent work has been on mechanics, but there will definitely be some new story stuff added soon too...

--
0 link