Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

8/23/2015
Congratulations on your immortality!

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Kolanowski
Kolanowski

8/23/2015
After weeks of grinding, I finally have a Majestic Pleasure Yacht! Now excuse me, I gotta engage in some animal abu- I-I mean, propagation of the Plated Seal species.

Next on the list: getting the damn Landau.

--
Kazimierz Kolanowski, gentleman, scholar, humble servant of the Maw. Chaotic Evil. Open to all social actions & accepting almost all requests. Might sell you to Satan for a single corn chip.
+3 link
Alexander Feld
Alexander Feld

8/24/2015
Congratulations indeed.

A toast of gold, dear ocelot; to eternity! To unending life, and walking once more in the sunlight!

--
I am a star-gazer, story-eater, and a smelter of words.

I filch hidden things from hidden places, to hide once more in my dark cabinet of curiosities

Alexander Feld, the mad, damned, lord of seekers.
+2 link
Alex WasRight
Alex WasRight

8/24/2015
oh. i didn't think the reward's quality went high enough to get your soul back.

RandomWalker wrote:
Hoisting a black flag on the 'Those Engines Don't Sound Healthy' card.

It gives you a bundle of oddities, with a number between 1 and 300. So if you want your soul and a starveling cat, the odds of getting each one is 1 in 300. And you'd have to pull that card at least twice. So, yeah. Eru was really lucky there.
edited by RandomWalker on 8/16/2015

--
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nnssGLFfPowJ:https://twitter.com/alexiskennedy/status/1166762265892311042%3Flang%3Den+&cd=2
0 link
Mr Vauss
Mr Vauss

8/24/2015
I am now Silent...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Mr~Vauss
All social actions welcome, from Calling Cards to captured cats.
+5 link
Lisbella Peridot
Lisbella Peridot

8/24/2015
xD I have no idea what you all are talking about, but congrats?

The Festival is like super hard for me but I manage to get the cute Guinea Pig! Even better than the items I wanted to buy and they will have taken longer. My stats are super low so the pig is realy helpful!

--
Anatasia Swansong - fencing prodigy, extraordinary beauty, and very stubborn
Welcoming friends of all sorts! All independent now.

Kelly Siniature - grinning, deranged, elegant child of indistinct gender
Kelly is taking a long break on isolation.

I also play Town of Salem and a few other games - still Lisbella Peridot!
I finally regained stable internet access, so I should be around more often...
+2 link
mothnode
mothnode

8/24/2015
How intriguing, I am now getting deeper into the abyss of things I shall grind for. There will be no sun to recall from my memory.

--
My Main FL Character ~ My Fresh FL Alt
Cyberhippie Collective ~ Twitter
+1 link
Kolanowski
Kolanowski

8/25/2015
1500 Inklings of Identity, 150 Incendiary Gossips and 30 Identities Uncovered later, I finally have the Respectable Landau. Of dubious provenance, but still.

Now, a moment of silence for all the two million financiers that had to die in flames to get me all the Proscribed Materials I needed to fund it all.

--
Kazimierz Kolanowski, gentleman, scholar, humble servant of the Maw. Chaotic Evil. Open to all social actions & accepting almost all requests. Might sell you to Satan for a single corn chip.
+3 link
Thorbimorbi
Thorbimorbi

8/25/2015
My first festival was a success: I just got my Mutersalt, and now have the complete set of Festival Rewards. smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Thorbimorbi
+3 link
Seno
Seno

8/27/2015
I've now gotten my first four star lodging! A reservation at the royal Bethlehem hotel! And you know what? First night I'm not going to lock my door!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Seno

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Katrina450
+2 link
chunkymonkey99
chunkymonkey99

8/27/2015
Hey, grats, ocelot. Good work.
+1 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

8/27/2015
My gods. Congratulations on the Cider!

EDIT: And thank you kindly for the sip of it!

The Taste of the Garden is proudly on my mantelpiece now. Even though that replaces my Masters: 11. I can't decide which dream to spend the sip on. I'll just Journal each one's intro text for now I think..

Curiously, you can't "Perhaps Not" out of some of the dream cards. But you can just perform any inventory action and "Onwards" should fix that.
edited by Shalinoth on 8/28/2015

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
+1 link
Gonen
Gonen

8/27/2015
Congratulations on immortality!
That is terrific news and awe inspiring achievement.
So, 5 years to get the Cider? Think I can do that...

--
The Ashen Anesthesiologist - Paramount Londoner

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness.

The long journey to eccentricity:
On March 10th, 2018, reached 15 on all quirks, simultaneously. The Quirky Anesthesiologist
+1 link
Ami Miljkovich
Ami Miljkovich

8/30/2015
Hah! Soran finally has an Impossible Theorem!

I mean, sure, they might have gotten slightly blown up a couple of times in the process, and had to chug a few gallons of drugs while being pieced back together by Zero and Cairn so they could stumble home (at the top of a Bazaar Spire-Emporium) to sleep it off, but that's just the price of SCIENCE.

Plus now this means I can stop grinding up those Uncanny Incunabula and start using them the way they were meant to; as lovely gifts for Mr. Pages. smile

Oh, and I guess Zero has a Zubmarine now. I think he mostly built it because he thought it would be funny.

--
The Secret-Hungry Bat ~ "I have my bats and my works, and endless secrets and pleasures at my disposal; what need have I of a soul?"
The Dangerously-Charming Fox ~ "Let's go stab each other and then get drunk together! That's what friends do around here, right?"
The Ever-Scheming Magpie ~ "All I'm after is a fresh start... And maybe a little profit on the side..."
The Blood-Thirsty Moth ~ "This floor isn't red enough. I need to fix that. Come closer."
Meet the families.
+4 link
A B Nile
A B Nile

9/2/2015
I have all four of the top-tier Relicker items, bought with post-nerf Scrap.

I'd like to thank my parents for imbuing me with the necessary work ethic and tenacity to accomplish this... uh... "feat". And I'd like to use my scrap of Veils-Velvet to smother the RNG, which was no help at all.

--
My profile: A B Nile

My alt: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate
(seeking Acquaintances and accepting all social actions)

Item conversion table - finally complete with all rare successes!

Bloody, bold and resolute
+5 link
Zantumall
Zantumall

9/2/2015
I've finally purchased an Overgoat. I had to sell off virtually all of my non-essential items to do it - including a stack of 241 Bazaar Permits acquired who-knows-how - but I think it was worth it.

--
My profile.
+6 link
The Dark Gentleman
The Dark Gentleman

9/3/2015
I've at last acquired a Fluke-Core. And, thanks to some helpful forum comments, I also purchased a sixth Fecund Amber before exchanging them for the Core, and thus have one Fecund Amber left as well. Hurrah!

--
The Dark Gentleman~ Social actions welcome. Menace reductions upon request. Newspaper interviews by appointment. Falconry by invitation only.
+3 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

9/3/2015
an_ocelot wrote:
...those who helped me decide what I absolutely positively couldn't sell.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some collected wisdom, what are some of the things one absolutely shouldn't sell? I'm nearing my 2nd Overgoat now.. which I think leads to an Ubergoat relatively easily.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
0 link
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

9/3/2015
Shalinoth wrote:
an_ocelot wrote:
...those who helped me decide what I absolutely positively couldn't sell.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some collected wisdom, what are some of the things one absolutely shouldn't sell? I'm nearing my 2nd Overgoat now.. which I think leads to an Ubergoat relatively easily.

It was linked at the top of the post, so easy to miss: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20337-selling-everything-but----.aspx

--
Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
0 link
Sir Joseph Marlen
Sir Joseph Marlen

9/3/2015
Just got my Breath of the Void to go along with my Veils-Velvet Scrap. 2 scrap items down, two to go!
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 9/3/2015

--
Sir Joseph Marlen - The Romantic Sophist
Alexus Harven - The Defiant Fatalist
Rose Reinhelm - The Respectful Revolutionary
Cappuccino - The Perfidious Spycraft

Available for any and all social actions.
+3 link