Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Blackleaf
Blackleaf

1/17/2014
I obtained a Brass Sanctum legit before the easier to raise notability change.
I got all the way up to a Spire Emporium legit after the change. (( However at Penstock's wicket i decided to go with that instead since it seemed more interesting, Also less expensive. I still have the masters blood. ))
And at Penstock i bought a suite!

--
No cats or investigations of photographers please.
Same goes for Sparring,Loitering,Suppers and Games of chess! Sure I'll accept them occasionaly but I wont help you grind them most of the time.
But calling cards are highly welcome! (Got too much influence for cards at the moment. Sorry!)
Character profile can be found here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Blackleaf
Ware serpents and know spires.
0 link
Blackleaf
Blackleaf

1/17/2014
I reached level 15 of "Noman knows". And finished it. First person yet to do that i think.

--
Same goes for Sparring,Loitering,Suppers and Games of chess! Sure I'll accept them occasionaly but I wont help you grind them most of the time.
But calling cards are highly welcome! (Got too much influence for cards at the moment. Sorry!)
Character profile can be found here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Blackleaf
+3 link
Seberin
Seberin

1/18/2014
They called me mad! They said I was a fool to destroy thousands of plaques, to bleed away my sanity, to abandon all worldly pleasures while pursuing my dream. Well, I've shown them! I've shown them all! Who's crazy now?! Ahahahaha!

a Scholar of the Correspondence has increased to 20: Igneate Eye!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Seberin%20Cirion
+9 link
Azzurra Frye
Azzurra Frye

1/19/2014
After three whole days of digging in the Forgotten Quarter, more digging and nothing else I'm finally a Scholar of the Correspondence and have opened up all the University storylets. I'm still terribly excited about it, especially because it seems the University might turn out to be my new favourite place in Fallen London.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Azzurra~Frye
+1 link
circe
circe

1/19/2014
I just got my soul backsmile I sold it to get the Sanctum from Penstock's Wicket and expected to have to pay fate but I got lucky with a bundle of oddities from One's Public.

--
Lady Circe in Fallen London - http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady~Circe
Adding no Suppers without prior arrangement, with only 5 Free Evenings a week and being a Patron I can't accept them all.
No Affluent Photographer, Sharing Research with Another Scholar or Boxed Cats accepted. I will send Boxed Cats though. All other social actions welcome. Will help menaces, please be reasonable.
+2 link
OPG
OPG

1/19/2014
I just got a Sanctum the old-fashioned way! It has a throne, too!

--
overpoweredginger, an irresistible, magnificent, midnight and sagacious gentleman.

A Fallen London Roleplay Community exists. Contrary to popular belief, Richard Nixon is not involved.
0 link
Arbar
Arbar

1/20/2014
This is so poor compared to to other thrilling sucesses, but I got the Regretful Solider card at last - whoop!
edited by Arbar on 1/20/2014
+1 link
Curious Foreigner
Curious Foreigner

1/21/2014
Today was a good day. I've both gained the ultimate piece of Amber and discovered that it's possible to have rare successes when studying the Correspondence.

--
Cochimetl went North, and beyond. No poems, only candlelight now. (Well, maybe one poem.)
The Gun-Toting Gallivanter, after an extended absence, is back in London again.
+2 link
Andrea Serafini
Andrea Serafini

1/21/2014
Definitely a good day. Two pieces of amber and a bottle of good milk-liquour. And i'm still in the nadir!

--
Mizr Edlaine Saphburgh, the Prothean Neologist
Hunger for nightmares, hunger for guilt, hunger for voices. Hunger for fame!
(i.e. Ask me to reduce your menaces, i'll eat them away.)
+1 link
ashdenej
ashdenej

1/21/2014
Two Coruscating Souls in two actions!

I've also been selling and regaining my soul with distressing frequency. Three times in a couple of days, in fact.

--
0 link
Blackleaf
Blackleaf

1/22/2014
I just re-established my academic reputation. Greatness awaits!

--
0 link
Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

1/25/2014
Just picked up a Rumourmaster's Network today. Just one more 3200 Scrap item left to go!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
+2 link
silasilent
silasilent

1/27/2014
As an Author, I enjoyed the privelage of having my own Appreciation Society. They were a lovely group of people who called themselves The Vicious Circle. We had some great times together. Alas, I was forced to make a choice between advancing my position or keeping my cult of adoring fans. And, well...the most ruthless man in Fallen London doesn't need to think much about that decision.

I am now a Correspondent.

• edited by silasilent on 1/27/2014

--
    Merciless. Cruel. Relentless. Romance Novelist.
  • 0 link
    Ewan C.
    Ewan C.

1/27/2014
    Hey - where's Flyte's post in this topic? :-) Hmm. Maybe in the Accomplishments one instead? Congratulations regardless smile
    0 link
    babelfishwars
    babelfishwars
    Administrator

1/27/2014
    Ewan C. wrote:
    Hey - where's Flyte's post in this topic? :-) Hmm. Maybe in the Accomplishments one instead? Congratulations regardless smile

:-) Fortune perhaps suggests luck. Accomplishments would be far more appropriate. :-)

--
    Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
    0 link
    Blackleaf
    Blackleaf

1/27/2014
    I desecrated the shrine of St. Joshua and turned the game into a civil war. Atleast for a few days-weeks. Rip 50 connected great game. Totaly worth it to draw a moustache on the St. Joshua idol.

--
    +2 link
    Diptych
    Diptych
    Administrator

1/27/2014
    It's not a gallopingly difficult accomplishment, but Sir Fred just hit 200/200/200/200, which I'm rather chuffed about. Also, his Respectable/Dreaded/Bizarre is now 5/1/5, which I think is a fairly accurate representation of me in real life - an amiably harmless weirdo.

--
    Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
    Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
    +3 link

"Many" Chin

1/27/2014
    ceruleanmind wrote:
    After three whole days of digging in the Forgotten Quarter, more digging and nothing else I'm finally a Scholar of the Correspondence and have opened up all the University storylets. I'm still terribly excited about it, especially because it seems the University might turn out to be my new favourite place in Fallen London.

good fo you!!! i remember when becoming a scholar wasn't so costly, and starting an expeditiion gave me a nice hat. before all these added fancy expeditions... AND THEY TOOK MY HAT!!

--
    "My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
    - The Goblin King.
    +1 link
    hwango
    hwango

1/27/2014
    Seberin wrote:
    They called me mad! They said I was a fool to destroy thousands of plaques, to bleed away my sanity, to abandon all worldly pleasures while pursuing my dream. Well, I've shown them! I've shown them all! Who's crazy now?! Ahahahaha!

a Scholar of the Correspondence has increased to 20: Igneate Eye!

Wow! Last I knew, they had put in a cap at 9 or 10 or something. I didn't even know it was possible to raise it anywhere near 20. You have my admiration indeed.

--
    Mantelpiece || Art Gallery of Doom
    0 link
    Seberin
    Seberin

1/28/2014
    This is very possibly the most pointless and transient achievement ever, but I have raised Noman Knows to 20. (In case anyone was wondering: no, it does not unlock any hidden branches.)

--
    https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Seberin%20Cirion
    +3 link