Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Sara Hysaro
Sara Hysaro

12/17/2013
I would like to know this too! I need another point in Persuasive to make a check 100%.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
0 link
Belia
Belia

12/17/2013
MidnightVoyager wrote:
Belia wrote:
Blemmigan Secretary

*CLINGS TO YOUR FACE*

HOW?

Box of random stuff?

*gasp* My, a wild facehugger!

My alt, Scoundrel, got it from The Bonfire of the Decencies. You can see it on his mantelpiece: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Scoundrel Unfortunately, I do not recall the Airs of London level I got as I opened the Bundle of Oddities...

--
Please, feel free to drop me a Calling Card! All kinds of social actions (except Affluent Photographers and Cats) are much appreciated.
+2 link
Belia
Belia

12/17/2013
Belia wrote:
Unfortunately, I do not recall the Airs of London level I got as I opened the Bundle of Oddities...

Just consulted the Wiki. Must have been 1008. Silly me.

--
Please, feel free to drop me a Calling Card! All kinds of social actions (except Affluent Photographers and Cats) are much appreciated.
+1 link
Cocytus
Cocytus

12/18/2013
The other day I got Notability 6 on a 3% challenge, having embraced the philosophy of playing the Amanuensis every time I encounter him. This wasn't particularly good fortune as I was sated with my new job, and not interested in the horrifying grind.

However! Today, I reached Shadowy 200 after many days of loitering the streets and tanking my Society and MW. It was then that I encountered the Amanuensis with another 3% chance, but failed. Two cards later, I drew him again. MW 2, BDR 17, and now I have Notability 7. How ridiculous.

• EDIT: Notability 8 on an 8% chance. I'm so sorry, I really don't mean to steal people's luck.
    edited by Cocytus on 12/19/2013

--
    Cocytus, the Avuncular Wordsmith, a river outside a box.
    Stock Titus, a rapturous individual ahead of its time. (Dormant)
  • +2 link
    friendshipranger
    friendshipranger

12/28/2013
    In the same day, thanks to drawing the Townhouse three times and the Slowcake's card, Moriarty became an Invisible Eminence, and went 5 points above the level cap. Hooray!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
    +2 link
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)
    Kade Carrion (an_ocelot)

12/28/2013
    Master's Blood from the Sommelier, burning all my remaining Tears of the Bazaar (silly me, should've kept them instead of selling them previously, you know that eventually EVERYTHING is useful) and all my stockpiled Scheme: Salon, plus various of the new mechanisms to top off Making Waves, to get to Notability 7.

--
    Social Actions: send them to Kade Carrion (she/her; no Tournament of Lilies, please). an_ocelot has gone NORTH and cannot benefit from social actions!

Possibly-Useful Things: Spreadsheets and hints and link collections, oh my.
    +1 link
    KatarinaNavane
    KatarinaNavane

12/29/2013
    Just became a crooked cross!

--
    Storynexus sn Katarina Navane.

My art page (much of which is dark, Victorian, and/or full of tentacles): http://www.facebook.com/demonkittydesigns
    0 link
    Curious Foreigner
    Curious Foreigner

12/29/2013
    My tongue is blistering, my lungs are charred, and I think some of my vocal chords have melted, but I'm finally able to speak the Correspondence.

Edit: I'm not talking about any new professions. I merely got my "Scholar of the correspondence" up to 12, but I still felt like celebrating.
    edited by Curious Foreigner on 12/29/2013

--
    Cochimetl went North, and beyond. No poems, only candlelight now. (Well, maybe one poem.)
    The Gun-Toting Gallivanter, after an extended absence, is back in London again.
    +3 link
    dragonridingsorceress
    dragonridingsorceress

12/29/2013
    Curious Foreigner wrote:
    My tongue is blistering, my lungs are charred, and I think some of my vocal chords have melted, but I'm finally able to speak the Correspondence.
    edited by Curious Foreigner on 12/29/2013

That's amazing! How!?

--
    DragonRidingSorceress is an Author of good standing. Mostly good standing. She's happy to accept any social action except Photographer and Loitering, but requests warnings before duping/poisoning/etc.

Seeker of Names is a... being with an obsession. They're willing to accept all invitations.
    One who seeks to know all that is and may be. One who dances in the silence of the void. One whose fantasies make the reality come alive.
    0 link
    Curious Foreigner
    Curious Foreigner

12/29/2013
    You can raise "scholar of the Correspondence" beyond 10 at the university, and one of the later titles you get is "Speaker".

--
    Cochimetl went North, and beyond. No poems, only candlelight now. (Well, maybe one poem.)
    The Gun-Toting Gallivanter, after an extended absence, is back in London again.
    +1 link
    The Irreverent Burglar
    The Irreverent Burglar

12/31/2013
    Well, I've seen the spiraling coils of the bazaar a right sight more then any sane human being ought to, but I've carved out quite the reputation as a uniquely larcenous individual. Now, to liberate a yacht... I do believe I'll call it the Overboat.

• --
    The Irreverent Burglar: Purloining purses and pocketing prosperity, pray, possibly perusing perceptions of profit. Social interactions of all sorts are most welcome.
  • +4 link
    Laluzi
    Laluzi

1/1/2014
    After a truly grueling Making Waves grind, Mercer has become a Monster-Hunter! I am most pleased about this. Big Grin

--
    Feel free to ask if you need something! Uninterested in Trailing the Affluent Photographer.
    Mercer - an enigmatic and brutal individual. Frightfully strong. Has even more frightful manners.
    +1 link
    Alexander Feld
    Alexander Feld

1/2/2014
    I am now the owner of a magnificent Brass Embassy Sanctum, and have used my position to become acquainted with a Green-Eyed Devil.

This is the picture:

I have a devil at either side as I sit upon my throne of brass, plotting Crooked-Cross plots with my Extraordinary Mind. A white serpent entwines itself about me, red eyes blinking slowly. It is entirely possible that I stroke a midnight-black cat. It is times like these that I wonder at what point I became such a sinister figure.

And then I go right back to my diabolical plotting, while sipping wine out of a chalice forged of blood and souls.
    edited by Alexander Feld on 1/2/2014

--
    I am a star-gazer, story-eater, and a smelter of words.

I filch hidden things from hidden places, to hide once more in my dark cabinet of curiosities

Alexander Feld, the mad, damned, lord of seekers.
    +5 link
    Inky Petrel
    Inky Petrel

1/10/2014
    It's taken long enough that I felt I MUST share, I am FINALLY Stormy-Eyed. The locked options have been taunting me since I started, and my "What The Thunder Said" was almost at 20, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see the card. So I am rather delighted. New words! Soon! ♥
    edited by Inky Petrel on 1/10/2014

--
    Re: Fallen London, please don't invite me to things or send me things, I'm only on occasionally, so you will waste your candle smile Thank you.
    +2 link
    NiteBrite
    NiteBrite

1/13/2014
    This is kind of a silly one, but something I enjoyed immensely. So you can get a bitter parting with the artist model, and I did this because I didn't want her cards. The bitter parting quality says she will not forget what happened between you. But then later after tanking my stats on oblivion, I saw her in the shuttered palace. I dunno, it was a little odd, so I said hi... and gained seduction: artists model 1. Haha, and the best part is that quality says you may have forgotten her, but how dare she forget you XD. Its stat based, starting her seduction storyline so you can start it even after getting a bitter parting, and that is amazing to me.

She will never forget!!! *later* She forgot :v

I like to imagine she's a kindred spirit, an irribro if you will (haha apologies for the pun). I count gaining this token bit of relationship of mutual forgetfulness a great success and it make me very happy.

--
    I AM currently accepting calling cards.
    Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
    [00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
    Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
    +2 link
    Catherine Raymond
    Catherine Raymond

1/13/2014
    Alexander Feld wrote:
    I am now the owner of a magnificent Brass Embassy Sanctum, and have used my position to become acquainted with a Green-Eyed Devil.

This is the picture:

I have a devil at either side as I sit upon my throne of brass, plotting Crooked-Cross plots with my Extraordinary Mind. A white serpent entwines itself about me, red eyes blinking slowly. It is entirely possible that I stroke a midnight-black cat. It is times like these that I wonder at what point I became such a sinister figure.

And then I go right back to my diabolical plotting, while sipping wine out of a chalice forged of blood and souls.
    edited by Alexander Feld on 1/2/2014

Your post neatly epitomizes why we all play Fallen London--to have experiences that are denied to ordinary mortals! Oh, wait...are we still mortals?

--
    Cathy Raymond
    http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
    0 link
    Swinter
    Swinter

1/16/2014
    I now have a COLOUR PLATE in the notable book of Amanuensis.

Notability 15. Pushing the limits. Is Notability 16 next perhaps? We'll see!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Swinter
    +2 link
    David Lombard
    David Lombard

1/16/2014
    Perhaps a bit mundane, but nonetheless - I have built my zubmarine. It's truly a lot of work. Now - to zee!

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/David~Lombard
    0 link
    Sara Hysaro
    Sara Hysaro

1/16/2014
    At long last, I am no longer engaged in a less than laudable laudanum habit! Man, that took a while to get over.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sara%20Hysaro
    Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.

Are you a Scarlet Saint? Send a message my way to be added to the list.
    +1 link
    empirimancer
    empirimancer

1/17/2014
    I am now an Author! ...of fan fiction I guess?

--
    moi
    0 link