Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Celebrating good fortune. Messages in this topic - RSS

Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

4/28/2012
Finally the card that lets you choose a faction has decided to turn up for me. I've been waiting the better part of two weeks for the damn thing!

--
Old hand, still occasionally playing.
+1 link
travellersside
travellersside

4/28/2012
Any new options on it, such as The Duchess, or the Masters?
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

4/29/2012
Nope. I don't think they plan to add more factions in this storyline. The Duchess and the Masters probably know most of the secrets about Neath-money, so aligning with them would give you too much of an upper hand.... and the Rubberies don't care about money. I wonder, though, about the absence of Fallen London's academic circles.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

--
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

4/29/2012
Wieland Burandt wrote:
Nope. I don't think they plan to add more factions in this storyline. The Duchess and the Masters probably know most of the secrets about Neath-money, so aligning with them would give you too much of an upper hand.... and the Rubberies don't care about money. I wonder, though, about the absence of Fallen London's academic circles.
edited by Wieland Burandt on 4/29/2012

I disagree with the first two. They may know, but that's no reason for them to tell you.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
VoxExMachina
VoxExMachina

4/29/2012
WintersNight wrote:
I just permanently moved into a rather decadent room at the Royal Bethlehem!

I'm also a newly engaged resident (permanent) at the Royal Beth.
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

4/29/2012
Patrick Reding wrote:
Rupho Schartenhauer wrote:

I disagree with the first two. They may know, but that's no reason for them to tell you.

... which would be another good reason why they wouldn't be of much use as a faction wink
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

--
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

4/30/2012
I think this one deserves it... Landing in Hunter's Keep after my first zee trip looking for the Stone Tentacle-Key, I underwent the cycle only to discover that even fully equipped my Dangerous level only gave me a Nearly Impossible chance to find it (I had consulted the wikis, but didn't find the exact amount of Dangerous needed to try it at a better chance). I was chock full of Tinctures of Vigour though, so I set myself to find the blasted key or die trying. Got it at first try ^^

EDIT: I actually KNEW the difficulty of the check, from Wieland Burandt's answer in another thread. I just had forgotten it altogether T.T But all for the good: If I'd known the check to be so difficult, I probably wouldn't even have tried it so soon smile
edited by streetfelineblue on 4/30/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
DukeLawliet
DukeLawliet

5/1/2012
Huzzah! Huzzah~! I have just obtained my first highest tier lodgings! I am quite comfortable in my rooms at the Brass Embassy, and just in time for the Iron Republic content!
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

5/1/2012
Due to my hoarding and the currant technical issues I now own 35 Darkdrop Coffes. A shame I'll never use any of them.

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
+1 link
Dave
Dave

5/1/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
Due to my hoarding and the currant technical issues I now own 35 Darkdrop Coffes. A shame I'll never use any of them.

Rather curiously, as I have had a few occasions to use them and thus had only a small stock when last I checked - I now also have exactly 35.

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
jasper
jasper

5/1/2012
Shortly after obtaining 30 Whirring Contraptions, I am now the proud obtainer of a Rubbery Euphonium! I wasn't even looking for it, just happened to be passing through.
+1 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

5/2/2012
Dave wrote:
Branden Linton wrote:

Rather curiously, as I have had a few occasions to use them and thus had only a small stock when last I checked - I now also have exactly 35.

You mean I potential lost some darkdrops? No fair it should have been added to my stock pile of 12. -_-

--
Brom Girvan: a man of shadows and secrets. http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Brom~Girvan
0 link
Dave
Dave

5/2/2012
Branden Linton wrote:
Dave wrote:
Branden Linton wrote:

You mean I potential lost some darkdrops? No fair it should have been added to my stock pile of 12. -_-

I agree; it was strange to set it to 35 instead of adding 35 to our current total (I had three or four I believe.)

--
The Dave, a terrifying, lethal, inescapable and sagacious gentleman
0 link
Branden Linton
Branden Linton

5/2/2012
Dave wrote:
Branden Linton wrote:
Dave wrote:
Branden Linton wrote:

I agree; it was strange to set it to 35 instead of adding 35 to our current total (I had three or four I believe.)

Unless the stacks infinite then were golden. smile

--
0 link
Aryenke
Aryenke

5/2/2012
Yes, I too was slightly miffed to find that my hoard (I have much in common with the L.B.'s it seems) of 7 means comparatively I LOST 7 darkdrop coffees. Ah, well. Hoarding isn't always healthy, now is it?

On the Celebrating topic - I have a Haunted Looking Dog Now!!! (O.K., it's nothing like an Overgoat, but for someone who is a minimum of a month away from being anyone of importance, it is sweet!)

--
@Aryenke
She looks boring, but she has a secret!

Current Chair of the Confident Rogues and Counterfeit Scholars Club (open admission season)

Want to spar, play chess, loiter, share a meal, count days, collect change? I'm available. (PM me about others)
0 link
Abraham Bounty
Abraham Bounty

5/2/2012
Well, I went to bed with fairly mundane brown eyes, and when I woke up this morning I had swirling dark grey eyes, the color of a raging thunderhead over a tempest-tossed sea. I mean Zee.

Probably doesn't mean anything.

--
News in the Neath: Noted citizen of Fallen London, Abraham Bounty, has acquired six hundred and sixty six souls. Additionally rumour has it that the lion's share of those souls was from a theft of The Brass Embasy itself. We are quite certain that this portents nothing ominous for him. Well, nothing unusually ominous anyway.
+1 link
MrChris
MrChris

5/2/2012
I just got two Coruscating Souls in a row. I had one more chance sitting there to go for the trifecta, but in a fit of superstitious thinking decided to 'settle' for the primeval hint, searing enigma, etc. instead.

--
@CdotPdotM
My Profile
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

5/2/2012
Got the Searing Enigma at first try! Only, I don't actually know how Rare a success it is... Am I celebrating for nothing? Oh, well, who cares *celebrates* smile

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
Inpiun
Inpiun

5/2/2012
It would seem that I've embarked (at last!) on some peculiar quest for a certain Name. And to think I'd only wanted a night of light entertainnment at the music hall.

--
My profile
@Inpiun
0 link
Mr. Walrus
Mr. Walrus

5/2/2012
This day, I have successfully made off with a significant haul of assorted sundries from the Brass Embassy itself.
+1 link