Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

A Social Experiment Messages in this topic - RSS

Zeedee
Zeedee

8/30/2013
If a random stranger asks to enter your home so that they may heal your wounds, would you agree?

What if that person claims "Absolutely Not Poison. Definitely not."?

Said person's name being "Vilified Poisoner"?

This being their profile? http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Vilified~Poisoner
Replete with subtle touches like a mantelpiece item of Abominable Salts and a scrapbook status of Suspicion. Others say "Not to be trusted."

The sole journal entry:
30, August 1891
"AHAHAHAHA!"

You stir your Abominable Salts into a nourishing broth. Will your victim trust you enough to drink it?

And August 30th of 1891 happens to be the same day this person calls on you to let him into your home in order to nurse you?

Yes, I let him in! He's vilified. Perhaps he has perfectly sound and honorable reasons to trade in poisons. Slander is so sad!

Yes, he poisoned me, ahahaha. XD

O villainous! Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has poisoned you with Abominable Salts!

If I had rejected, not knowing the intended result would have nagged at me for days. Do I have regrets? None. I really wanted to see if he'd put a twist on expectations and heal me instead.

--
Please do not send me monstrous invitations tinged with the inks of the undernight or Boxed Cats. (I rotate my Starveling list, so it might take me a while to reach your name. I haven't forgotten anyone!)
+1 link
Joy Phillip
Joy Phillip

8/30/2013
Personally, I don't think I would have trusted him. I mean, that's like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

--
Profile: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Joy~Phillip
+1 link
Aximillio
Aximillio

8/30/2013
Heh... I got the same invite, and I don't have any wounds in the first place...

--
Possibly returned after a long hiatus. Please do not send live rats or tournament requests.
0 link
Early
Early

8/30/2013
I'd probably go for it. After all, a bit of extra wounds is a relatively minor thing to risk.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
Spacemarine9
Spacemarine9

8/30/2013

poison goddamn hurts

--
my rats will blot out the sun
Ratgames
FL lore/mechanics questions and answers
#FallenLondon IRC (irc.synirc.net) Channel! Click to join via Mibbit.
#SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier.
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

8/30/2013
Oh ... he doesn't want to poison me. I feel slighted.

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
0 link
Zeedee
Zeedee

8/30/2013
Apparently, you need at least 3 Wounds to appear on the dropdown list of qualified patients. Otherwise, he'll never feel compassionate enough to assist you, I guess... :P

--
Please do not send me monstrous invitations tinged with the inks of the undernight or Boxed Cats. (I rotate my Starveling list, so it might take me a while to reach your name. I haven't forgotten anyone!)
0 link
Lady Red
Lady Red

8/30/2013
It is fearfully tempting to accept his invite, even though I know I shouldn't!

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady~Red
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

8/31/2013
Hubris received one of his invitations. He didn't accept, but sent a box containing one or more mammals as a thank-you present.

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
Zeedee
Zeedee

9/1/2013
For you: Vilified Poisoner wants to help nurse you back to health. (Do you trust them?)

"Oh, sorry, did I poison you? Probably an accident. Here, drink this nourishing broth. It'll help with the ennui, and possibly the paralysis. No promises."

O villainous! Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has poisoned you with Abominable Salts!

"This? Nourishing broth as well, but I poisoned it. Drink it anyway, it'll put hairs on your chest. Or your arms. Or your head. It might turn you into a werewolf! But it is definitely poison."

Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has done things with bandages and tea. You feel rather better.

Wounds is dropping...

"This will not kill you. I promise. Swear on my arsenic-laced jewellery and my poison filled ring."

Obviously, this gentleman...is not very good...at keeping track of which bottles are poisonous...! x.x

--
+1 link