Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Unexpected Travels Messages in this topic - RSS

MeddlesomeDuke
MeddlesomeDuke

3/1/2012
I have just gone mad. However, instead of approaching my usual room at the Royal Bethlehem, I was sent to the Mirror Marshe of all places. I am...befuddled to say the least. Drat those fingerkings...
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

3/1/2012
You possess Memories of Light. Possession of those diverts you to a much more colourful location, although you'll find that some may stay behind when you leave.
0 link
Brythain
Brythain

3/2/2012
Even worse, I attempted to travel to Veilgarden, and was greeted with:
"Regrettably, only Exceptional Friends may enter Veilgarden. Visit the Fate page to become an Exceptional Friend!"

And still worse, I -am- an Exceptional Friend!
edited by Brythain on 3/2/2012
0 link
LenoraVK
LenoraVK

3/2/2012
Brythain wrote:
Even worse, I attempted to travel to Veilgarden, and was greeted with:
"Regrettably, only Exceptional Friends may enter Veilgarden. Visit the Fate page to become an Exceptional Friend!"

And still worse, I -am- an Exceptional Friend!
edited by Brythain on 3/2/2012

That seems like a very strange bug. Did you report it?
I'm also an Exceptional Friend, so I went to Veilgarden to see if it would glitch in my game too, but I was able to travel normally. However, a couple of old storylets appear to have opened back up for some reason. As in, ones that unlocked when I was first playing the game and got to Persuasive 3. This isn't the case in any of the other three starting areas. Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with Veilgarden in general?

--
Nora V. Kenward, consulting detective and scholar for hire (among other things, possibly), can be found here: http://twitter.com/LenoraVK
ebz profile here: http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/TaraLyn

"Let us draw a veil across the many hours of legwork and startling leaps of deduction that follow. A good detective has no need to brag about his methods." Or her methods, as the case may be.
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/2/2012
TaraLyn wrote:

I'm also an Exceptional Friend, so I went to Veilgarden to see if it would glitch in my game too, but I was able to travel normally. However, a couple of old storylets appear to have opened back up for some reason. As in, ones that unlocked when I was first playing the game and got to Persuasive 3. This isn't the case in any of the other three starting areas. Does anyone have any clue what might be going on with Veilgarden in general?

I believe it is the persuasive equivalent of Deciphering Graffiti (and by extension the Dream Journal and Recalling a Dream of other places) showing up in Ladybones Road via a old, low-level storylet.

Edit: Hm, wait, it seems to be multiple old low-leveled storylets (Ode to Empress, Celebrate Fungus in verse, that-scandalous-invite-option) rolled into one including the more recent invite options. Maybe it is just for the very persuasive to keep their poetry in shape by writing about fungi?

Or we just got lucky and get a glimpse on some sort of Neathy Urban Renewal Project concerning the starter areas.
edited by Byron Man on 3/2/2012

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

3/2/2012
I got the Persuasive week-waiting thing from a rare success on one of those - the risque joke one.
0 link
ladymadsci
ladymadsci

3/3/2012
There seems to be an empty option in 'Fun with the Fisher-Kings' in the Flit, too. And I got a rare success on a low-level Persuasive and got one of those 'All shall be well' things, too. No idea what its purpose is of yet.

--
{quiet smile} behind you
0 link
LenoraVK
LenoraVK

3/3/2012
ladymadsci wrote:
There seems to be an empty option in 'Fun with the Fisher-Kings' in the Flit, too. And I got a rare success on a low-level Persuasive and got one of those 'All shall be well' things, too. No idea what its purpose is of yet.

I had just noticed the empty option in the Flit and was about to make a thread or something mentioning it. It's really strange to suddenly see an option with nothing but ellipses.

--
Nora V. Kenward, consulting detective and scholar for hire (among other things, possibly), can be found here: http://twitter.com/LenoraVK
ebz profile here: http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/TaraLyn

"Let us draw a veil across the many hours of legwork and startling leaps of deduction that follow. A good detective has no need to brag about his methods." Or her methods, as the case may be.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/3/2012
Out of curiosity I tried the Flit option and I only got an answer consisting of ellipses too O_o The Action was spent anyway, so it's probably best to leave it be until they fix it ^^

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Alys Indigo
Alys Indigo

3/3/2012
Please could you bug report this to ebbugs@failbettergames.com
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/3/2012
Alys Indigo wrote:
Please could you bug report this to ebbugs@failbettergames.com

Said and done!

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link

3/4/2012
Am I mistaken or the Veilgarden options "Becoming known in the singing mandrake" and "literary ambitions" are new?
Edit: at least the first is, because I tried one of its options and it gave me the "something else will happen soon" notice plus a new occurrence: "Your 'the Subject of Admiring Attention' Quality is now 1".

I also found the strange blank option in the "fun with the fisher-kings" yesterday, but today it is gone apparently.

Also, the "graffiti" in Ladybones has changed... now there is a "study the secrets of Fallen London" option, within which the "graffiti" is included together with another possibility, "Listen to gossip at Hangman's Arch".
edited by LukeMcMillan on 3/4/2012
edited by LukeMcMillan on 3/4/2012
0 link
Aspeon
Aspeon

3/4/2012
LukeMcMillan wrote:
Also, the "graffiti" in Ladybones has changed... now there is a "study the secrets of Fallen London" option, within which the "graffiti" is included together with another possibility, "Listen to gossip at Hangman's Arch".

I needed to refresh my Dreams of Other Places last night, and did the graffiti- got what I assume was a rare success (labelled "Rare Success!" smile) that gave me the quality. So maybe it's been relegated to a rare success to not be absurd for newbies, but having Watchful far above the expected level makes rare success nearly assured?

--
A raccooning will not be postponed indefinitely.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aspeon
0 link