Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Sentience in Fallen London Messages in this topic - RSS

Curious Fellow
Curious Fellow

2/28/2012
I suspect most animals of being sentient, personally.

This snippet from the Wars of Illusion suggests bats are - if maybe not vocal, sentient:
You mention your interest to a bat. He looks you up and down, squeaks at you, and flutters off. Later, a bat taps at your window. It could even be the same bat. They all look fairly similar. Anyway, this one's carrying a scrap of paper rolled around his little leg. The note says, 'We will be in touch.'

I don't have the quote for it right now, but one of the options for the Hungover Terrier results in him coming home and 'telling you things' which suggests dogs, too, talk.
0 link
Lily Fox
Lily Fox

3/5/2012
All of this riveting discussion causes myself to wonder... what precisely does Devil taste like? (Sulpherous, most likely.) Not, of course, that I would ask them in polite company but I would be surprised if there were not someone in the City - most like of the infernal persuasion themselves - who does not know.

--
@LilyLayer4
Fallen London character: Lilith B.
Author of Maelstrom - Play - Discuss
Author of City of Phire - Play - Discuss
+1 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

3/6/2012
Lily Banyard-Fox wrote:
All of this riveting discussion causes myself to wonder... what precisely does Devil taste like? (Sulpherous, most likely.) Not, of course, that I would ask them in polite company but I would be surprised if there were not someone in the City - most like of the infernal persuasion themselves - who does not know.

The Infernal Sommelier would probably know. It seems like the sort of thing that would come up in his work.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/7/2012
Lily Banyard-Fox wrote:

I am more interested in the taste of the Overgoat. When I get rich enough, that is. Probably wash it down with a serving of that damnably expensive cider, too.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+1 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/7/2012
Byron Man wrote:
Lily Banyard-Fox wrote:

I am more interested in the taste of the Overgoat. When I get rich enough, that is. Probably wash it down with a serving of that damnably expensive cider, too.

Better said "When I'll be either persuasive enough or dangerous enough to avoid it do destroy me VERY gruesomely for having tried to eat him" XDDD

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link