Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Recalling a Dream of Other Places [spoilers?] Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/26/2012
I'm sad that this is apparently not an option for us who've been around for a while upset

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

2/26/2012
By the way, clicking on the option that lead you to the dream journal will instead lead to a horrible crash if you are on the Unterzee or islands.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Nigel Overstreet
Nigel Overstreet

2/26/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
I didn't have Eyes of Icarus and it went to five; I had Gates of the Garden 5 and it went to 8.

This would put the cp at 18, 19 or 20.

--
The Romantic Egotist: Most Hedonistic Man in All of Fallen London
Are you or someone you know Overgoated? Please, let me know!

Cider Club
0 link
merusdraconis
merusdraconis

2/26/2012
I wonder if this isn't a sneaky way to close the gap between the end of Ladybones Road and the start of the Forgotten Quarter. I remember when first levelling Watchful there's a big empty space where you have to grind low-risk storylines to raise your Watchful enough that you can do the Forgotten Quarter.
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/26/2012
That's a very low level storylet, and it takes multiple days for it to give the option for the massive watchful increase.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Alys Indigo
Alys Indigo

2/26/2012
Byron Man perhaps you could do a bug report on that? ebbugs@failbettergames.com
0 link
amaresu
amaresu

2/27/2012
Alys Indigo wrote:

I did that actually. They said you're not supposed to be able to access the journal outside of London and that they're working on making it clearer that this is the case. It shouldn't actually crash anything, just bring you to the error page.

--
Please no cats or Trailing Affluent Photographers; everything else is fair game.

amaresu | Pearl | ama_shine
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

2/27/2012
Alys Indigo wrote:

Yikes, that slipped my mind. I guess Failbetter doesn't use Zendeck any more?

--
I currently do not accept any catbox, cider, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
0 link
Alys Indigo
Alys Indigo

2/27/2012
I don't know - that is the correct address to use for all bugs however smile
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/1/2012
In Veilgarden two of the lowest storylets (Becoming known at the Singing Mandrake and Literary Ambitions) became available again to me. Is that something like a Persuasive version of this? I'm gonna try them when I'll have some more Actions.

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

3/1/2012
It is indeed a Persuasive version of that. The words are different, but the results are comparable.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/1/2012
travellersside wrote:
It is indeed a Persuasive version of that. The words are different, but the results are comparable.

Thanks! For the moment I had put it on wait to peruse the "Mottled Man" storyline ^^

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
ladymadsci
ladymadsci

3/3/2012
Are there any Shadowy and Dangerous versions of this that can be accessed by someone whose current (base) Shadowy and Dangerous are around 120 each? I've been experimenting with 'Fun with the Fisher-Kings' in the flit, but haven't gotten anywhere.

--
{quiet smile} behind you
0 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

3/3/2012
ladymadsci wrote:
Are there any Shadowy and Dangerous versions of this that can be accessed by someone whose current (base) Shadowy and Dangerous are around 120 each?

Well, I suspect the Shadowy / Dangerous version isn't out yet. And they are more likely to pop up in Watchmaker's Hill or Spite instead as Filt isn't the shadowy starter area.

--
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

3/3/2012
According to other users, the activation of the new feature might be a Rare success, and there could be a similar option in the Flit too. EDIT: out of curiosity I tried the Flit option - a "blank" one, with only ellipses as a description - though I knew it was probably still under maintenance. It actally did nothing except a reply also made entirely of ellipses XD So keep the Fun with the Fisher Kings storylet in check, probably in the near future it will have an option like the Moloch Street one.

You may read about it in this forum post and the one following: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic373-unexpected-travels.aspx#post4823

edited by streetfelineblue on 3/3/2012

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link