Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Recalling a Dream of Other Places [spoilers?] Messages in this topic - RSS

Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/18/2012
Well, considering they said days, I'm guessing it's "not patient enough".

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Scarlet Fenwick
Scarlet Fenwick

2/20/2012
I've not seen any new thing in my messages for four days now.

--
Scarlet O. Fenwick, The Crimson Coquette and Scarlet Saint of London

https://twitter.com/#!/OScarletO<---Twitter
http://crimsoncoquette.wordpress.com----The Gallery of the Bazaarine
http://folkfusionista.wordpress.com----The Crimson Ring

Community
http://fallen-london.livejournal.com----LJ Community for RPers (Scenes, Logs of Twitter and AIM scenes, etc)
0 link
Woogawoman
Woogawoman

2/20/2012
I'm chalking it up to another one of those "the players found it faster than FBG expected, and they turned it back off for awhile" events. Helps me be patient.

After all, we're all still "beta testers" officially! Big Grin

--
----------
Eleanor Smythe's Profile
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

2/20/2012
Nope, it takes more than 4 days, is all. Hang in there.
0 link

2/23/2012
I got the message for the dream approximately after a week I got the card... however I must say the effects were pretty unspectacular: Watchful increased from 96 to 97 (it was already quite advanced in the progress) and Gates of the garden from 6 to 8.
edited by LukeMcMillan on 2/23/2012
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/23/2012
I got the opportunity yesterday. The Memory of Light was nice, and since I'm stat-capped I can't speak much on the Watchful boost. But the dream itself was lovely. Fruit full of... well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was wonderfully Dali-esque.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

2/23/2012
I had mine earlier today. It's actually pretty impressive, since you get a huge number of cp for almost free. It didn't benefit me personally, since I'm at cap, but a while ago, when I was still raising my stats, getting what's essentially an entire free stat point (more if I had under 50) once a week would have been very nice indeed. Even more so if it was a stat that I wasn't working on at the time.
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/23/2012
I just got the next dream card, after a long wait!
Watchful nearly-108 to Watchful nearly-111 with Serpents

Luke: when I tried all three, I noted that Serpents gave the best bonus and Garden the very smallest. This (the second time I've done Serpents and gotten a nice big bonus, though admittedly not as powerful now as it was at watchful 97) as well as some of the gains that others have seen would seem to back that up.

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
amaresu
amaresu

2/24/2012
I got the message finally, but I can't read it. I get the 'the servers are maybe on fire' page when I click the button. I'm guessing this is because I'm currently hanging out on Mutton Island. Is anyone else having this particular issue or should I file a bug report?

--
Please no cats or Trailing Affluent Photographers; everything else is fair game.

amaresu | Pearl | ama_shine
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/24/2012
amaresu wrote:
I got the message finally, but I can't read it. I get the 'the servers are maybe on fire' page when I click the button. I'm guessing this is because I'm currently hanging out on Mutton Island. Is anyone else having this particular issue or should I file a bug report?

I received the message yesterday and everything went well. I think the first thing yo ushould do is wait for a while and retry reading it; if it keeps giving you the message you can send a bug report, but it seems to me more a case of too much traffic on the servers than a bug.

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
quartz
quartz

2/24/2012
I got

Something else will happen soon... don't worry. All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

from a few other low level storylets. But not recalling a dream. Wonder what will happen....
0 link
Lady Red
Lady Red

2/24/2012
Quartz - oooh, which ones? smile

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lady~Red
0 link
quartz
quartz

2/24/2012
Lady Red wrote:
Quartz - oooh, which ones? smile

So far I found:

Spy on a tomb colonist
Babysit a troublesome aristocratic miss
Intrigue: The curate and his sister

That's as low as I could get with my ridiculous hat and such. Waiting to see if something different happens.

**SPOILER** Spy on a tomb colonist also gave me a new message that my Falling Cities was increasing... **END SPOILER** Never saw this before.
edited by quartz on 2/24/2012
0 link
travellersside
travellersside

2/24/2012
Ah, so it's not things that are available to everyone in the way that the Graffiti is. A shame. Perhaps there'll be more later.
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/24/2012
*proceeds to don ridiculous hat, stick her talkative rattus faber on her shoulder, and grab some bottled oblivion*
Alrightie then, let's see if anything can be found!

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
Aspeon
Aspeon

2/24/2012
Just noticed "When a story develops (you'll get this DM from your own Twitter account)" in the Messaging settings- presumably that's new, as an opt-out for DMs regarding this sort of thing?

--
A raccooning will not be postponed indefinitely.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aspeon
0 link
Kiptoo
Kiptoo

2/25/2012
My alt just got the Subject of Admiring Attention 1 from visiting a honey-den (unlocked with persuasive 9), so I wonder what will happen next...
edited by Aximillio on 2/25/2012

--
My profile.
Please do not send affluent investigators!
0 link
Kaesa
Kaesa

2/25/2012
Aximillio wrote:
My alt just got the Subject of Admiring Attention 1 from visiting a honey-den (unlocked with persuasive 9), so I wonder what will happen next...

One of my alts keeps getting that when he beguiles useful officials. (As in, it keeps notifying him that it's a new quality of his.) So far nothing has come of it as far as I know, and it doesn't show up on his qualities, but I assume preparation for this is the reason they renamed "Admired" to "Making Waves."

Edit: I was also wrong, it is under "Story," as Aximillio said.
edited by Kaesa on 2/25/2012
0 link
Kiptoo
Kiptoo

2/25/2012
Kaesa wrote:
Aximillio wrote:

One of my alts keeps getting that when he beguiles useful officials. (As in, it keeps notifying him that it's a new quality of his.) So far nothing has come of it as far as I know, and it doesn't show up on his qualities, but I assume preparation for this is the reason they renamed "Admired" to "Making Waves."

I got it under story, but I can't find "Recalling a dream..." any more, though when I examine the graffiti; it says I already got it... Perhaps only one of them is shown at the same time?

Edit: Nevermind, found it

--
My profile.
Please do not send affluent investigators!
0 link
Kaesa
Kaesa

2/26/2012
Aha! Something's happened re: the Subject of Admiring Attention quality. It looks to be roughly analogous to Recalling a dream of other places, but having to do with Persuasive. I chose the option requiring the least Persuasive even though I figured it had the lowest rewards, because it was the funniest. There's a stat boost to Persuasive, gifts of moon-pearls, jade, and wine, and a spike in The Eyes of Icarus. I'll let people discover the text for themselves. The three options unlock at Persuasive 1, 20, and 35.
0 link