Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Recalling a Dream of Other Places [spoilers?] Messages in this topic - RSS

Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/16/2012
ok, just wanted to check if it was a bug earlier tonight since for some reason i hadn't checked the number and saw one of em change from 5 to 8, began wondering where 2-4 were

and 8 seems max since the macaw gave me gates 1, rose put it at 6, and dream upped it to 8. I am debating putting in a bug message tho asking if it is supposed to put it that high

--
Twitter: @BodhiBloodWave
Facebook: Rune Hofseth
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rune~Hofseth
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
Rune Hofseth wrote:
ok, just wanted to check if it was a bug earlier tonight since for some reason i hadn't checked the number and saw one of em change from 5 to 8, began wondering where 2-4 were

and 8 seems max since the macaw gave me gates 1, rose put it at 6, and dream upped it to 8. I am debating putting in a bug message tho asking if it is supposed to put it that high

How have the dreams affected your watchful? (trying to figure out if I'm an anomaly, what with the giant level jumps. Just performed on straightforward action and I hit 106, so that second jump was really 103 to one-tiny-point-below-106, not 103 to 105) Blue's had one jump, but my two seem a little extravagant to be intended...
edited by ladylikeikneel on 2/16/2012

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/16/2012
Didn't affect it at all since i've capped my stats(without the newest ones obviously :p)

--
Twitter: @BodhiBloodWave
Facebook: Rune Hofseth
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rune~Hofseth
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
Rune Hofseth wrote:
Didn't affect it at all since i've capped my stats(without the newest ones obviously :p)

Ah, that would certainly explain it.

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

2/16/2012
Interesting interesting. I've received the Dream quality, but nothing has followed...

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
ladylikeikneel wrote:
Rune Hofseth wrote:

How have the dreams affected your watchful? (trying to figure out if I'm an anomaly, what with the giant level jumps. Just performed on straightforward action and I hit 106, so that second jump was really 103 to one-tiny-point-below-106, not 103 to 105) Blue's had one jump, but my two seem a little extravagant to be intended...
edited by ladylikeikneel on 2/16/2012

In order: for me, Vineyard raised it from 76 to 78, Garden from 78 to 79 and Serpents from 79 to 84 (!!!). I'm happy, now I can go storm the University *_*

Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook wrote:
Interesting interesting. I've received the Dream quality, but nothing has followed...

Just wait for a while, and refresh the page. It can take some time.
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/16/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
+1 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/16/2012
Hmm, bazaar just went down for maintenance. Wonder if it's related.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
I'm happy I had the chance to try the three options: I took screens of all the outcomes for future reference, and I wrote them down in my LJ together with an IC remembrance ^^

EDIT: wait, what? Mine works just fine.

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
Alexis Kennedy
Alexis Kennedy

2/16/2012
The Dream got a little excitable there in some cases. You'll now find that the (very generous) reward always shows up after days, not minutes!

You will, however, start to have similar experiences in other parts of the game.
0 link
Quil
Quil

2/16/2012
This all sounds remarkably fascinating, but I am currently lost as to what is actually being discussed here (perhaps I have partaken of too much laudanum). A new dream Opportunity card? A new option in the UI? What? Could someone kindly enlighten me?

--
Quil, a midnight, sinister, inescapable and sagacious gentleman.
Twitter: @HelenKeeble
Always available for a rousing game of Pass the Cat!
0 link
T WO Chandler
T WO Chandler

2/16/2012
Quil wrote:
This all sounds remarkably fascinating, but I am currently lost as to what is actually being discussed here (perhaps I have partaken of too much laudanum). A new dream Opportunity card? A new option in the UI? What? Could someone kindly enlighten me?

There's a storylet in Ladybones Road - not sure if it's new or updated - that causes a message to show up a short while later with a very nice little storylet. Except apparently is was supposed to be days, not minutes later. It's the one to Examine the graffiti on the wall of Moloch Street Underground station.

On another note, I do hope similar rewards for the other stats become available. My Shadowy and Persuasive could use a boost. smile
edited by T.W.O. Chandler on 2/16/2012

--
For secrets are their own reward.
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
T.W.O. Chandler wrote:
There's a storylet in Ladybones Road - not sure if it's new or updated - that causes a message to show up a short while later with a very nice little storylet. Except apparently is was supposed to be days, not minutes later. It's the one to Examine the graffiti on the wall of Moloch Street Underground station.

On another note, I do hope similar rewards for the other stats become available. My Shadowy and Persuasive could use a boost. smile
edited by T.W.O. Chandler on 2/16/2012

It's updated! I think it was the first Action I ever tried in EBZ after escaping ^^ In fact, apart from the new Quality, it still brings the old reward: 1x Whispered Secret (1x Cryptic Secret on a Rare Success).

Alexis Kennedy wrote:
The Dream got a little excitable there in some cases. You'll now find that the (very generous) reward always shows up after days, not minutes!

You will, however, start to have similar experiences in other parts of the game.

I liked very much the chance to give a new twist to an old Action, not mentioning the Watchful boost opened a whole lot of opportunities for bot h m Ambition and the University. Double thumbs up, waiting for the developments for the new Qualities (Fingerwork and the others).

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Early
Early

2/16/2012
Hm. I haven't gotten any kind of dream journal thing, and it's been almost a day.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
Early wrote:
Hm. I haven't gotten any kind of dream journal thing, and it's been almost a day.

Well, Alexis himself warned that unlike today, from now on the message doesn't come out until a few days have passed from the initial Action.

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Aspeon
Aspeon

2/16/2012
I assume the storylet no longer locks at a high Watchful? I'd investigate myself, but I'm currently engaged at Court.

--
A raccooning will not be postponed indefinitely.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aspeon
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
Aspeon wrote:
I assume the storylet no longer locks at a high Watchful? I'd investigate myself, but I'm currently engaged at Court.

You'd be correct. My watchful is 118 with clothing/items equipped, and I can still see it.

--
0 link
Ephemerayla
Ephemerayla

2/18/2012
Alexis Kennedy wrote:

Ah, thanks for mentioning. I examined the graffiti about 12 hours ago, and after reading everyone's reports of the dream journal appearing instantly or within minutes I was beginning to worry that something had gone wrong.

Now I'm even more excited about this story! Ah, anticipation.

--
If my heart could beat, it would break my chest.
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/18/2012
Well, I checked it soon after this post went up, and I still haven't seen anything for it. Seems it takes quite some time indeed.

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Early
Early

2/18/2012
I hit the storylet on the first day it appeared, but it seems that nothing has happened since then, reward-wise.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
Patrick Reding
Patrick Reding

2/18/2012
Early wrote:
I hit the storylet on the first day it appeared, but it seems that nothing has happened since then, reward-wise.

Same here. I don't know if it got broken by the change or it I'm just not being patient enough.

--
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/Profile/Yana
0 link