Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Recalling a Dream of Other Places [spoilers?] Messages in this topic - RSS

theodor_gylden
theodor_gylden

2/16/2012
Forgive me if this subject has already been opened; I could not place it at a cursory glance. But while on Ladybones Road, I noted the infernal graffiti under the arch at Moloch Station for the first time ... since I came to Fallen London, truly. I gleaned some interesting tidbits about recent promotions and demotions in the hierarchies of Hell, as per usual, and then I heard a voice ...

An occurrence! Your 'Recalling a Dream of Other Places' Quality is now 1!

Something else will happen soon... don't worry. All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

What on earth -- or beneath -- could this mean?

ETA: And then, by some strange chance, an Infernal Sommelier commented upon a Brilliant Soul I had been carrying --

All manner of thing
'Oh, this is a very old one. From before my time. A hermit of some sort. Time hasn't touched her optimism at all. She still thinks that things will be well. You can almost feel the sunlight.'

I suspect it to be Julian of Norwich.
edited by theodor_gylden on 2/16/2012

--
Journal: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/echo_theodor
Annotations & Epistles: http://theodor-gylden.dreamwidth.org/
Storylet: http://theodor-gylden.dreamwidth.org/11160.html
0 link
Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/16/2012
If you are of the same habit as me in regards to dreams then you might want to check your messages in case you were awake or aware enough to write it down.

I often write down my own but there are times i forget to look at my papers

--
Twitter: @BodhiBloodWave
Facebook: Rune Hofseth
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rune~Hofseth
0 link
theodor_gylden
theodor_gylden

2/16/2012
Rune Hofseth wrote:
If you are of the same habit as me in regards to dreams then you might want to check your messages in case you were awake or aware enough to write it down.

I often write down my own but there are times i forget to look at my papers

Thank you -- I think I did write something. Something about a garden, or a vineyard, or serpents ...

--
Journal: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/echo_theodor
Annotations & Epistles: http://theodor-gylden.dreamwidth.org/
Storylet: http://theodor-gylden.dreamwidth.org/11160.html
0 link
Early
Early

2/16/2012
I was just about to ask about this. Quite unsettling, really...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Early
0 link
Curious Fellow
Curious Fellow

2/16/2012
I have some interesting theories here. Some of these theories delve into the technical. I will, therefore, be hiding them all for those who do not wish to see them.

SPOILERS:
These are dreams of /other/ places. When the dream journal option that appears in messages is clicked upon... it reloads the entire site. Why? Nothing else does this, going to nowhere else does this. This is some new functionality for a feature that, I suspect, doesn't quite exist yet. This even works for the lowliest, newest of new characters.

Afterwards, in my Recent Events, this is posted: (18 minutes ago) IN FALLEN LONDON: I have had the strangest dream...

...why does it need to specify 'IN FALLEN LONDON' if there is not /somewhere else that it could occur/?

My wild theory is thusly: Soon there will be other places. Perhaps other games entirely, interconnected through the events box and other means.

Something is coming, my friends. And knowing these people... something /delicious/.
0 link
Urthdigger
Urthdigger

2/16/2012
What dream journal button?

--
Looking for second chances to maximize your loot output from those troublesome storylets? Check out our handy gang of volunteers in this thread, or even volunteer yourself!

@Urthdigger on twitter
0 link
Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/16/2012
As I told theodor_gylden, a short while after you check that grafitti a message will appear under the messages tab regarding the dream

--
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
I actually thought it was a glitch and didn't even try the action O_o Now I'm on the badwagon too!

EDIT: A proposal: being a new thing and not present on any wiki - why don't we accord to peruse a different path each, and then tell the results, so to have a chart ov every option? I personally like *SPOILER* the Garden one and the Serpents one *SPOILER*
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/16/2012

--
Twitter: @streetfelineblu
Blue's LiveJournal
Blue's Echo Bazaar profile
Blue's Night Circus diary
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
"Watchful has increased to 103!"
f...from having just turned 98 two actions ago.
Why thank you, Dream Journal.

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
ladylikeikneel wrote:

With what choice, if I may?

--
Blue's LiveJournal
Link to Ocelot's Enigma Ambition hint page; PM for clarification. No direct solutions provided.
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:
ladylikeikneel wrote:

Serpents. Can this be duplicated by others (or myself? I'm going to try again)? More importantly... is it supposed to do that?! I'm generally not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but then again this seems rather... gamebreakertastic...
edited by ladylikeikneel on 2/16/2012

--
Do try the laudanum, love. It does wonders for the sanity. New associates always welcome; follow @ladylikeikneel (appears as Kiely King in dropdown menus)
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
ladylikeikneel wrote:
streetfelineblue wrote:
ladylikeikneel wrote:

Serpents.

OK, gonna try the Sky...

EDIT: I went for the Vineyard. It gave me Eyes of Icarus, passed Watchful from 76 to 78 and one Vision of the Surface.

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
streetfelineblue wrote:

EDIT: I went for the Vineyard. It gave me Eyes of Icarus, passed Watchful from 76 to 78 and one Vision of the Surface.

Egads. I just tried Vineyard as well and went from 103 to 105.

I've tried each option once, so it's time to cycle through again and see if the huge jumps are a one-time thing or not... Hmm *ponders and then proceeds to experiment on self*

--
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
...You can do it more than once? Seems a bit too much of a boon *_*

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link
Zack Oak
Zack Oak

2/16/2012
Hrmm. I've been waiting for a third message a good hour or more. It's rather frustrating.

--
Roland Banning, The Ambitious Operative (Profile)
Tumblr RP Account
Ask me about the Delicious Friends RP group!
Open for social actions (no cats or photographers, please. Currently taking a break from K&C.)
0 link
Rune Hofseth
Rune Hofseth

2/16/2012
just to check something, when one of you got one of the new story quirks by choosing a dream, did you get it at 1 or 5

--
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
ZackOak wrote:
Hrmm. I've been waiting for a third message a good hour or more. It's rather frustrating.

Have you tried refreshing? I recieved all three messages within fifteen minutes of storyline completion... (However, I'm still waiting to see if a number four will appear or not) Or perhaps it's random and I'm incredibly lucky.

--
0 link
ladylikeikneel
ladylikeikneel

2/16/2012
Rune Hofseth wrote:
just to check something, when one of you got one of the new story quirks by choosing a dream, did you get it at 1 or 5

Got Icarus at five. Fingerwork increased from one to six. Gates of the Garden increased to eight, but I can't recall what it was before (I gained some when seeing the Rose for the second time; I believe I might have gained it at five that time, so it increased by three? Or maybe eight is just the number it maxes out at.)

--
0 link
Zack Oak
Zack Oak

2/16/2012
ladylikeikneel wrote:
ZackOak wrote:

Have you tried refreshing? I recieved all three messages within fifteen minutes of storyline completion... (However, I'm still waiting to see if a number four will appear or not) Or perhaps it's random and I'm incredibly lucky.

Yeah, I've been refreshing for the duration. I'm wondering if something's up, because the other two arrived almost instantly. I even got an email saying it should be there... an hour ago...

--
Roland Banning, The Ambitious Operative (Profile)
Tumblr RP Account
Ask me about the Delicious Friends RP group!
Open for social actions (no cats or photographers, please. Currently taking a break from K&C.)
0 link
streetfelineblue
streetfelineblue

2/16/2012
Rune Hofseth wrote:

I didn't have Eyes of Icarus and it went to five; I had Gates of the Garden 5 and it went to 8.

--
Blue's LiveJournal
0 link