Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

New Forums Software: Your Thoughts Messages in this topic - RSS

PSGarak
PSGarak

3/17/2022
Yay! \o/

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/21/2022
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Hey gang. We're doing a test run for migrating the data from this forum to the new one, so things are progressing! I'll let you know when there's more news.
Uhu, congratulations! Can't wait to see how Discourse will feel vs these old forums.

This just popped in my head, but will these forums still be temporary available after the switch?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

3/29/2022
I don't think they will be available in a way you can access, but we won't complete the switch until we're sure everything is working. Is there a reason why you'd like them to be?

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

3/29/2022
Hannah Flynn wrote:
I don't think they will be available in a way you can access, but we won't complete the switch until we're sure everything is working. Is there a reason why you'd like them to be?
The only reason would be to compare them side by side and leave them as an archive for future generations (old.reddit vs www.reddit).

I was always curious about FLs history, but never moved a muscle to record it in any way. upset The old map, the pre-React UI, the very old map and UI, art's evolution and so on.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

4/13/2022
OIC. I think the threads and information will be saved, so we'll only really lose the look of the thing?

Talking of which, work continues to migrate everything to Discourse, which hasn't been straightforward but we've made progress this week and hope to have an update soon! (I'm on leave next week, so not super soon, but... soon.)

--
+2 link
DTravel
DTravel

4/13/2022
Sometime before Fallen London enters the 20th Century? Big Grin

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dimensional%20Traveler
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

4/17/2022
I hope our "thumbs up" tallies carry over!

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
0 link
Perlino the Thief
Perlino the Thief

27 days ago
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Figuring out the best way to make all of the existing threads findable will probably take a little while, and ideally we'll all be able to help with it!

It'll be worth it, IMO. Really glad this is happening. Being able to discover if there is already an existing relevant thread when I have something to post is a priority feature, to me. So is a better mobile version (one that's more consistent with the desktop version) as I only ever play on a tablet, where the current system of tagging spoilers doesn't work.

--
"The Clay Men say 'They paid me in coin that plotted my downfall.' Little do they know, all coin does that."
—Azora Perlino, Ginger-Haired Gypsy and Rooftop Sybarite
0 link
Arcengal
Arcengal

23 days ago
I guess this is the main reason there wasn't an obvious link from the homepage to the forums for a while?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Arcengal
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

9 days ago
Hello friends!

We are excited to let you know that we are almost done with moving the forums over to Discourse.

The look and feel will be a bit different, though we expect to retain the 'dark mode' appearance. The more lyrical names for subforums will sadly be lost in the transfer due to the structure imposed by Discourse, but they'll be renamed in ways which make them helpful for new members to understand.

The cutoff date for posting on this version of the forums is 23rd May. So anything posted here on that day (and after) will not be copied over to the new forums. We expect to begin the transfer work the next day, and for that to take at least a day to complete.

After that, we'll deal with any emerging trouble with existing content, tidy up historic posts which people refer to most, and so on.

Exciting times!

--
+4 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

9 days ago
May 23rd is Post Into The Void Day, got it. I'll be sure to post all those threads I have saved up which I don't want saved for posterity. Perhaps now I'll be free of them.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+2 link