Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

More Khanate, Ambition item slots, etc! Messages in this topic - RSS

Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/5/2021
Hello all - lots to share about current and upcoming Fallen London things:

• An addition to the Khanate
  • Ambition items now have their own slot
  • Changes to Hallowmas
  • About five other small things!

Here's the full rundown, on the blog

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+4 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

10/13/2021
The crabs will be back, and in greater numbers. wink

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

10/14/2021
Was it already pointed out that Khan's Heart has a bazaar tab shop now?

Some new Zeefaring items on sale there for Khaganian money.

The chart is a weapon, and thus overlaps with the advice for captains books if you have one of those already.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No plant battles, loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
+3 link
PJ
PJ

10/10/2021
I think I heard that Taimen’s Attention had its max changed from 8 to 10 to avoid the implication that it should work like most other menaces. As far as I know, nothing bad happens from having high Taimen’s Attention unless you fail checks. Some checks get harder, but with the right front and outfit you can progress without ever doing those checks

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+2 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

10/13/2021
>>>I hope you're right; I want to hunt some crab!
Well, I was disappointed. Boring and unprofitable event. Only good thing was novelty. Not going to bother when it reappears.

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
+1 link
elderfleur
elderfleur

10/13/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Well, I was disappointed. Boring and unprofitable event. Only good thing was novelty. Not going to bother when it reappears.
I was incredibly surprised the payout was entirely uniform (a little extra Rostygold doesn't count) and not the Sunless Sea model of Crustacean Gachapons, although if this was just a "dry run" so to speak maybe we'll get something more exciting next time.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

10/14/2021
One thing that stood out to me is that you can sell Bottles of Airag in the Khanate, but you can't buy them. This isn't what I immediately expected, but on reflection it's explainable. The Khanate doesn't seem to actually have land for agriculture. We know that the Khanate and the Bazaar continued to have some relation after they departed the Fourth City, perhaps the latter's access to mushroom farms formed a core axis of commerce between the two.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

10/5/2021
Noted! I see there are benefits to reading the blog entry before replying to the announcement post.

Cannot wait for the Lab improvements, so happy to hear those problems are being worked on. Been spending some time in there again this past couple of weeks, and flipping those cards with the limited hand size is really such a pain.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 10/5/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No plant battles, loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

10/5/2021
I gotta say, this makes the Ambition rewards feel as weighty and impactful as they should feel. Thirteen shadowy, two Shapeling Arts, and four BDR for free! Yes, I have changed the face of the very Neath itself, this is commensurate with how awesome my character truly is now.

Really looking forward to the Khanate, I enjoy it much. In fact, I enjoy it even more now. My Treasure strongly identifies my character as Shadowy & Bizarre, so I feel like my Front represents me even better (despite in no way actually being traceable). Looking forward to the stories that will take place. I'm expecting to learn more about the factions or clans, like the Eagle and the Tortoise or whatever they are.

I have high hopes for Polythreme. It's an interesting place, and its reputation for pain among the playerbase is entirely mechanical. An update could work wonders for it.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

10/7/2021
NotaWalrus wrote:
A small tidbit, A False Star of Your Very Own's description still says it's a companion.

Mine was still firmly insisting it was a companion when I logged in. But I had it equipped, and when I switched outfits it moved to its new home in the Treasure category like a good little star. I would give it a nice pat on the head if my arms were long enough.

Now I just have to figure out which is my next highest ranking Shadowy creature or person, as I have a vacancy. Doesn't sound like a big deal, and it wouldn't be, were it not for the fact that I seem to have accumulated somewhere in the region of a hundred thousand companions over the years.

Edit: Just discovered the filter. Never noticed that before. How incredibly useful that is. Minister of Enigmas it is, then!
edited by Plynkes on 10/7/2021

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+1 link