Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

More Khanate, Ambition item slots, etc! Messages in this topic - RSS

Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei
Posts: 774

10/8/2021
PSGarak wrote:
Pawns are roughly valued at 10 pence each, but cashing them in is hard. One option is that if the Chessboard is dominant in Parabola, there's an option to spend them to force a Stalemate. Another is to use them in bulk for Backstory, which can be used in the Clay Highwayman's camp for goods convertible into Scrip (Fabulous Diamond via the Hurlers, or Prismatic Frame via the Bone Market).
Yeah, that was the dilemma. No simple way to turn them into money. Using them on backstory, they seem valued at 5 pence when compared to the action using Vienna openings. The Stalemate option is perhaps the better way to dispose of them, though hardly ideal. Watching the Queen at the Dome of Scales might be good if it didn't take so many favors.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No plant battles, loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 2256

10/8/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Huh, now we have weekly reward in Khanate. FL is becoming more and more like all other MMOs, where you log in, deal with all weakly/daily quests and log off.
This sounds neat! smile Is the Wiki page set up to view the requirements and rewards?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

10/8/2021
https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/The_Precocious_Engineer
It's 5x Emetic Revelations, which you could use in new grind loops in Khanate. Or sell for 62.5e.

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus
Posts: 462

10/8/2021
Seems like you can get a weekly reward of 5 emetic revelations in the Khanate now, and those can further be spent on advanced schemes that are pretty damn profitable. A weekly one-or-two day stay on the Khanate might just become part of my weekly FL routine.

I'm loving all these weekly rewards that are being introduced. They keep the daily Cidergrind fresh.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
0 link
Yara
Yara
Posts: 21

10/9/2021
Is it worth heading to the Khanate to try out the new content when you have Taimen's attention just over eight? Should I wait for time the healer to visit tomorrow?

I love the Khanate (and all great game related content) and I've been visiting weekly for some time. I maybe outstayed my welcome last week though, grinding mortifications and year of the tortoise.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Yara%20Aronssen
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

10/9/2021
>>>Should I wait for time the healer to visit tomorrow?
Yes, certainly.

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
Snort
Snort
Posts: 446

10/9/2021
I’m doing advanced schemes in the Khanate and never raise Taimen’s Attention beyond 10 because I’m already at 10. And it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything. Two questions:
1. The lack of effect of Taimen’s Attention seems wrong. Am I missing something?
2. Is there an endpoint to the advanced schemes, or are they just an endless sequence of grinds.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Snort
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 184

10/9/2021
Snort wrote:
I’m doing advanced schemes in the Khanate and never raise Taimen’s Attention beyond 10 because I’m already at 10. And it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything. Two questions:
1. The lack of effect of Taimen’s Attention seems wrong. Am I missing something?
2. Is there an endpoint to the advanced schemes, or are they just an endless sequence of grinds.


For now, the advanced operations look just like an endless sequence. However, they might be just precursors for something later; perhaps the Loyalty will come into play as well.

Also, these advanced intrigues are quite profitable (4.17 epa if my math it right.).

--
Wojciech, a Glassman, Paramoun Presence of the Ancient Regime, The Holder of the Deck.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

10/9/2021
Scheme from discord:
https://radikal.ru/big/k53h4ucq7l3hf
Author: Alpha900i

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
Snort
Snort
Posts: 446

10/9/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Scheme from discord:
https://radikal.ru/big/k53h4ucq7l3hf
Author: Alpha900i



Can’t get this to load.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Snort
0 link
Snort
Snort
Posts: 446

10/9/2021
Wojciech wrote:
Snort wrote:
I’m doing advanced schemes in the Khanate and never raise Taimen’s Attention beyond 10 because I’m already at 10. And it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything. Two questions:
1. The lack of effect of Taimen’s Attention seems wrong. Am I missing something?
2. Is there an endpoint to the advanced schemes, or are they just an endless sequence of grinds.


For now, the advanced operations look just like an endless sequence. However, they might be just precursors for something later; perhaps the Loyalty will come into play as well.

Also, these advanced intrigues are quite profitable (4.17 epa if my math it right.).


Yes, I’m getting repeat schemes. And the EPA’s nice.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Snort
0 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 678

10/10/2021
I think I heard that Taimen’s Attention had its max changed from 8 to 10 to avoid the implication that it should work like most other menaces. As far as I know, nothing bad happens from having high Taimen’s Attention unless you fail checks. Some checks get harder, but with the right front and outfit you can progress without ever doing those checks

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+2 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

10/11/2021
Hunting the Beasts of the Zee -> Hunt an Angler Crab
And maybe other monsters depending on World Qualities.

UPDATE: currently you can't finish the hunt. Teaser or bug.
UPDATE2: Bruno (FBG) — Today at 2:36 PM
Angler crabs have been put to sleep
[2:36 PM]
This is actually supposed to go up tomorrow so it's not a big issue
edited by Waterpls on 10/11/2021

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
Orioza
Orioza
Posts: 10

10/12/2021
Those 5000 crabs sure got hunted to extinction in a jiffy.

Crab buffet anyone?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Orioza

Orioza, the obsessive compulsive captain, exploring the many aspects of the Neath.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2763

10/13/2021
Orioza wrote:
Those 5000 crabs sure got hunted to extinction in a jiffy.


Crab buffet anyone?

So *that's* what happened? I didn't log in most of the day and now the crabs are all gone. <mope>

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2763

10/13/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Hunting the Beasts of the Zee -> Hunt an Angler Crab
And maybe other monsters depending on World Qualities.

UPDATE: currently you can't finish the hunt. Teaser or bug.
UPDATE2: Bruno (FBG) — Today at 2:36 PM
Angler crabs have been put to sleep
[2:36 PM]
This is actually supposed to go up tomorrow so it's not a big issue

edited by Waterpls on 10/11/2021


I hope you're right; I want to hunt some crab!

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

10/13/2021
>>>I hope you're right; I want to hunt some crab!
Well, I was disappointed. Boring and unprofitable event. Only good thing was novelty. Not going to bother when it reappears.

--
Long grinds: Saddle 54/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
+1 link
elderfleur
elderfleur
Posts: 202

10/13/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Well, I was disappointed. Boring and unprofitable event. Only good thing was novelty. Not going to bother when it reappears.
I was incredibly surprised the payout was entirely uniform (a little extra Rostygold doesn't count) and not the Sunless Sea model of Crustacean Gachapons, although if this was just a "dry run" so to speak maybe we'll get something more exciting next time.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
Toran
Toran
Posts: 444

10/13/2021
So this was only 5000 of them across the entire fandom, released on Greenwich time? Okay, I won't bother then. Not from a disgruntled perspective, but from a "I will never stay up to make that timeline" standpoint.
edited by Toran on 10/13/2021

--
I have a Hepta-Goat. Do you have a Hepta-Goat?
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Anthony%20Toran
0 link
Flynneldariel
Flynneldariel
Posts: 75

10/13/2021
I also am deeply dissapointed that I never got to see a Crab in the first place...

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/FlynnEldariel


(https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Theobald%20Gaafson)
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software