Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 19/07/2021 Messages in this topic - RSS

Snort
Snort
Posts: 401

12 days ago
amalgamate wrote:
No good ideas here, just the usual things - refresh, try a different browser or restart the browser or the computer, log out and log in again, etc.



Thanks. No joy from any of those, though. Maybe it’s something account-related that the bug folks can fix.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Snort
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes
Posts: 824

12 days ago
Hehe, sorry lady ciel. I deleted my post because suddenly it came to life. Didn't realise it was a regular thing, I'm usually at work at this time of day,

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2591

12 days ago
Deleted mine as it made no sense without your post smile

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes
Posts: 824

12 days ago
And now nobody will know what we were talking about. Oh well. Silly me. smile

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2591

12 days ago
Nothing wrong with a bit of mystery!

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
Bluestocking
Bluestocking
Posts: 86

12 days ago
My wounds have got so bad that I'm thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021

--
Main http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Alethea_Blueleg
Alt http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Miranda%20Podoserpula

Send me anything you like. Be decent, though. Bad stuff is fine if you attach a warning.
Timezone eastern Australia. Embrace asynchronicity.
0 link
menaulon
menaulon
Posts: 143

12 days ago
Bluestocking wrote:
My wounds have got so bad that I'm thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021

You don't lose any qualities, but lowering wounds while on a boat trip is not very efficient. Playing chess is alright if you haven't done a lot of it before, but other options are generally card-dependent, which means you can spend a lot of time on the boat.

If you don't have access to the Parabolan Base Camp or don't have a high probability of success on its wounds-reducing option, then the best option is a social action "Nurse a friend back to health." Just have one of your accounts initiate it and send it to the one that needs to reduce wounds. Each account spends an action, but you can reduce a lot of wounds quickly.

If you have access to the dockers' brawl in The Blind Helmsman, then "Take a moment to tend your wounds" is a pretty good solo option as well.

Here is a wiki link for all the options: https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/Category:Wounds_Loss.

TLDR: boat trip is far from the best option available.
edited by menaulon on 7/25/2021
edited by menaulon on 7/25/2021

--
Menaulon
Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
+1 link
Bluestocking
Bluestocking
Posts: 86

11 days ago
menaulon wrote:
Bluestocking wrote:
My wounds have got so bad that I'm thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021

You don't lose any qualities, but lowering wounds while on a boat trip is not very efficient. Playing chess is alright if you haven't done a lot of it before, but other options are generally card-dependent, which means you can spend a lot of time on the boat. (snip)
Here is a wiki link for all the options: https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/Category:Wounds_Loss

TLDR: boat trip is far from the best option available.

Well, I did it anyway. I was kind of annoyed that he took ALL my 10 bats and ALL my 4 weasels for no greater effect than if I'd only had one..

On the othet hand...the red autofire cards cost no actions, as long as you are at zero already.

--
Main http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Alethea_Blueleg
Alt http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Miranda%20Podoserpula

Send me anything you like. Be decent, though. Bad stuff is fine if you attach a warning.
Timezone eastern Australia. Embrace asynchronicity.
0 link
Philip Wolf
Philip Wolf
Posts: 33

11 days ago
Do we know if there are any plans to add upgraded versions of the spouses from the foreign offices? I'm very fond om my intirguer and would love to see her rise.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Philip%20Wolf
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich
Posts: 558

11 days ago
On wounds, I always wait for (or switch to) the right airs and then spend a day in bed, being visited by the Regretful Soldier (airs 50-74). Airs 90-100 (dreamless sleep) also works well, and airs 1-14 at 80% probability is acceptable but still occasionally fails.

I've never opted for the boat to get rid of wounds (use Parabola these days mostly), though I sometimes visit the Tomb Colonies for scandal.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 7/25/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"
0 link
Bluestocking
Bluestocking
Posts: 86

11 days ago
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
On wounds, I always wait for (or switch to) the right airs and then spend a day in bed, being visited by the Regretful Soldier (airs 50-74). Airs 90-100 (dreamless sleep) also works well, and airs 1-14 at 80% probability is acceptable but still occasionally fails.

Now that was very helpful. I'm saving that. Next time. I don't want to do this again anytime soon. I am doomed to nothing but digging, though. I'm stuck ina brawl that I can neither win not flee from.

--
Main http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Alethea_Blueleg
Alt http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Miranda%20Podoserpula

Send me anything you like. Be decent, though. Bad stuff is fine if you attach a warning.
Timezone eastern Australia. Embrace asynchronicity.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2591

11 days ago
If you are talking abou brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can "perhaps not" out of the brawl. You won't lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

Edit to add or just use the deal with your wounds in the brawl. There is no penalty for failing.
edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+1 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander
Posts: 99

11 days ago
I used to be able to receive a gift at Balmoral once a week, after TtH, which was a pair of boots (worth about 60 Script). Today I go back to the castle, but there's no boots? Only a 0 action choice that leads to nothing but text and no rewards.

Am I missing something? Forgetting something? Looking in the wrong place, etc.?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Robin%20Alexander - main

https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Benjamin%20Parker - alt
0 link
Mulligan
Mulligan
Posts: 127

11 days ago
Robin Alexander wrote:
I used to be able to receive a gift at Balmoral once a week, after TtH, which was a pair of boots (worth about 60 Script). Today I go back to the castle, but there's no boots? Only a 0 action choice that leads to nothing but text and no rewards.

Am I missing something? Forgetting something? Looking in the wrong place, etc.?
You'll receive a notice in your messages when you can go back to claim your gift. The gift isn't connected to TtH, the weekly delay starts from when you pick it up. My gift notice typically comes around Wednesday, while my TtH comes around on Friday.

--
Jean Morel, waiting for December.
More than happy to help with menaces.
Licentiate for hire, will murder for Rostygold.
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes
Posts: 824

11 days ago
My message about Balmoral gifts isn't perfectly aligned with TtH. My TtH came on Friday, while my Balmoral message came this morning. I'd advise waiting a bit longer. But if it doesn't come at all then contact support.


Edit: Scooped by Mulligan! smile
edited by Plynkes on 7/25/2021

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
0 link
Bluestocking
Bluestocking
Posts: 86

11 days ago
lady ciel wrote:
If you are talking about brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can "perhaps not" out of the brawl. You won't lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

Edit to add or just use the deal with your wounds in the brawl. There is no penalty for failing.
edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021


Yes, I can leave and do other things. But I can't quit the brawl. I tried the "for yourself" option and it is enormously harder than being on someone's side. So I will be unable to earn biscuits until I can get my dangerous up to a much higher level, or at least find a dozen hard earned lessons to help.

--
Main http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Alethea_Blueleg
Alt http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Miranda%20Podoserpula

Send me anything you like. Be decent, though. Bad stuff is fine if you attach a warning.
Timezone eastern Australia. Embrace asynchronicity.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2591

10 days ago
Bluestocking wrote:
lady ciel wrote:
If you are talking about brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can "perhaps not" out of the brawl. You won't lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

Edit to add or just use the deal with your wounds in the brawl. There is no penalty for failing.
edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021


Yes, I can leave and do other things. But I can't quit the brawl. I tried the "for yourself" option and it is enormously harder than being on someone's side. So I will be unable to earn biscuits until I can get my dangerous up to a much higher level, or at least find a dozen hard earned lessons to help.



Ouch, sorry to hear that. Maybe take the first crate you can. Or just perservere and get those biscuits. Your dangerous will go up a level or two doing those tough challenges.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
0 link
12




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software