Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

Rare Sentences as a result of Fallen Londoning Messages in this topic - RSS

Ixc
Ixc

25 days ago
As I settled in to do my Piscine Research as part of my lab, I came to the realization that, d___, is Fallen London really the only game I know of where you can traumatize a goldfish? At least, explicitly?

That got me to thinking of other rare sentences that come about from FL, such as it being the only game where you can breed two goats literally from Hell in order to get a better class of Hell Goat.

But of course, my genius can only think of so many examples, so I would love to hear of any examples you delicious friends have thought of or come to think of.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+1 link
Alexander Feld
Alexander Feld

25 days ago
Fallen London: Sold by Queen Victoria to Space Bats who work for a Space Crab who's in love with the Sun.

--
I am a star-gazer, story-eater, and a smelter of words.

I filch hidden things from hidden places, to hide once more in my dark cabinet of curiosities

Alexander Feld, the mad, damned, lord of seekers.
+4 link
phryne
phryne

25 days ago
lagniappe
horticultural impedimenta
a happy glow of post-prandial well-being
like the death-barge of a renegade pharaoh

... to name just a few words and expressions I would certainly never have picked up anywhere else. And of course, that most important of life lessons:

"Never go to jail without a pirate hat!"
edited by phryne on 7/12/2021

--
my accounts, with all 4 Ambitions completed: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisBag a Legend, again
Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writerDestiny Guide
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

22 days ago
Alexander Feld wrote:
Fallen London: Sold by Queen Victoria to Space Bats who work for a Space Crab who's in love with the Sun.

You know, when you frame it that way, it makes me look like a dashed idiot for having spent more than a decade playing Fallen London.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

22 days ago
Rare sentences? Having a lapse of memory, I strolled over to Mrs. Plenty's Carnival, where I encountered this choice sentence about the Rubbery Specimen in the Most Educational Anatomy Exhibition:

"What SPONGY HORRORS await beneath the FLIMSY CONCEALMENT of CIVILISED CLOTHING? EXAMINE the BONELESS WRITHING in pursuit of INTELLECTUAL BETTERMENT."
edited by Catherine Raymond on 7/14/2021

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

22 days ago
"Well, I'm nude, so the server's up."

When the server got really unstable that one time, I think after the outfit lock went in, I encountered genuinely the weirdest bug I've ever seen. When the server was up, I was nude. Even my destiny was unequipped! But every time I tried to put on clothes, the server went down for everyone. So I ended up looking back every so often and refreshing and that's when I uttered that line.

The Discord enjoyed that.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+6 link
Ixc
Ixc

7 days ago
"A breakfast will not be postponed indefinitely."

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+2 link