Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 31/05/2021 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator
Posts: 3756

12 days ago
There's no business like questions!

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
DTravel
DTravel
Posts: 71

12 days ago
Sounds like a questionable business to me.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dimensional%20Traveler
0 link
elderfleur
elderfleur
Posts: 110

11 days ago
I've only been here for 6 years or so; can anyone more senior than I confirm if this icon art is genuinely old, or is it new art created to look old? I can't decide which is funnier.




--
—Elderfleur
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich
Posts: 536

11 days ago
The Wiki lists Monstrous Anatomy Studies as the way to raise the cap on the quality to 7. I actually have the higher cap, but am pretty sure I haven't fried that many little fishies and three albatrosses for the pleasure. I did wonder whether it was a perk of being a Monster-Hunter. Anyone know?
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 6/2/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1271

11 days ago
elderfleur wrote:
I've only been here for 6 years or so; can anyone more senior than I confirm if this icon art is genuinely old, or is it new art created to look old? I can't decide which is funnier.



I was able to find the Wiki page for that image file, and it seems it was uploaded to the Wiki in 2011. So it's actual, genuine ancient art from the Stone Age of Fallen London. It just hasn't been used in the game for years.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
elderfleur
elderfleur
Posts: 110

11 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
I was able to find the Wiki page for that image file, and it seems it was uploaded to the Wiki in 2011. So it's actual, genuine ancient art from the Stone Age of Fallen London. It just hasn't been used in the game for years.
Thank you for illuminating the matter! I'm glad this relic was dusted off and put back to (some very limited) work. I don't think this is a serious enough idea to put in Feedback, but if Fallen London were slightly sillier I think a Doodle Storm should occasionally blow in from the Iron Republic that temporarily rolls back art assets for a week.

--
—Elderfleur
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1271

11 days ago
Well, they're working on Zeefarer, so now's the time to suggest it!

I could see it for the Iron Republic, honestly. Some sort of event that turns back history, and all of the actions have old-school assets. After all, that is the place that had Sunless Sea's shop interface just for the lols.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Alpha900i
Alpha900i
Posts: 63

11 days ago
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
The Wiki lists Monstrous Anatomy Studies as the way to raise the cap on the quality to 7. I actually have the higher cap, but am pretty sure I haven't fried that many little fishies and three albatrosses for the pleasure. I did wonder whether it was a perk of being a Monster-Hunter. Anyone know?
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 6/2/2021


You sure that you have higher cap, not higher actual value? Cap defines, how much your stat can possibly be after some trainings, when you are fully naked; with some items (including Monster-Hunter spear and ribcage jacket from Hinterlands) you can have more than that cap.

It works same way as with usual stats, although "training" can be harder. For example, my Watchful capped at 218 right now, but it is 307 (307/218 if you look at icon) because of my extensive wardrobe giving me extra 89 points. No matter how much watchful tasks I do, it wouldn't raise higher. Soon enough I may be able to raise cap to 230 (probably), but it wouldn't automatically add 12 points to stat - it would just open possibility to train more to get those 12 levels extras. So, after getting cap I'll become 307/230, after lot of training - probably 319/230.
0 link
BillyCosmos!
BillyCosmos!
Posts: 41

11 days ago
If I put my townhouse in the hands of the resolute governess, do I retain my salon progress? I have over 21 banked in case I need a giant MW boost (enough to invite the Princess), don’t want to lose that but I’m getting tired of the card.

--
Overjoyed to finally have a decent secretary to take dictation. Even if it is a somewhat more mushroomy sort of secretary than one might be used to.

Dictated, thuroughly read.
William, "Billy" Cosmos, the !
0 link
Kiptoo
Kiptoo
Posts: 1275

11 days ago
BillyCosmos! wrote:
If I put my townhouse in the hands of the resolute governess, do I retain my salon progress? I have over 21 banked in case I need a giant MW boost (enough to invite the Princess), don’t want to lose that but I’m getting tired of the card.



I think I did this with no change, but I could be wrong...

--
My profile.
0 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate
Posts: 636

11 days ago
I'm pretty sure I've loaned out everything I can, and checking now, I still have Scheme: salon at 20.

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/amalgamate

Social invitations of all kinds welcome! Deadly sparring, plant battles, etc. I can also send sips of cider.
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich
Posts: 536

11 days ago
Alpha900i wrote:
You sure that you have higher cap, not higher actual value?



I have the 7/7 cap. I'm not counting any gear. Maybe I just did sacrifice the fishies.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"
0 link
the Inquisitive Masseurse
the Inquisitive Masseurse
Posts: 92

10 days ago
Browsing the forum on my phone, i see no way of accessing my PMs. Is that normal?

--
Good news everyone! The Inquisitive Masseurse is back in London, from hir extended tour overzeez, and is available for house calls!

Not so great news: Streetcat is still in London. It's probably right behind you.
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 138

9 days ago
I experience terrible lags and generally very bad performance from FL today. Is it only me?..

--
Wojciech, a Glassman, Paramoun Presence of the Ancient Regime, The Holder of the Deck.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2568

9 days ago
Wojciech wrote:
I experience terrible lags and generally very bad performance from FL today. Is it only me?..


Not only you

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+1 link
Yellowbook
Yellowbook
Posts: 28

9 days ago
I write a lettle to my friend for increase shadowy, when he read the first letter, his shadowy only increase less than 60cp(56 became very close to 57).Why be it? the first letter is not give 70cp? wiki is wrong?
edited by CLAIR DE LUNE on 6/5/2021
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software