Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Parabolan War Messages in this topic - RSS

PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1192

5 days ago
falbert wrote:
Hmm, I see that my Parabolan Dominance is not 4 - maybe the campaign I did isn't enough to reach an Epilogue.

In the "Stalemate" ending, Parabolan dominance does not change. I'm not entirely sure what happens about the Epilogue on that case.
Tsar Koschei wrote:
Do we have any idea how each of the three generals, fully upgraded, actually influences your rolls on campaign? Especially with regard to how they differ from one another.

Most actions on Campaign are affected by one of the three generals. There is frankly zero telegraphing of which actions are impacted by which generals. You might be able to guess a few (Spy on the Movements of Cats - Fingerking General), but there's no in-game indicator in either metatext or narrative text.

The difficulty will be reduced by 3 x Cat General/Snake General/Chess General quality. Which means a difference of 45 for a maxed general, which is really impactful. This will take the Airs-dependent options from difficulty 250 down to 205. For me, that's a success rate of 68% up to 84%.

The Wiki is attempting to catalogue this. Frankly I have some doubts about the current veracity of the data. I have a suspicion that somewhere along the line, an action failed to wipe one of the General qualities, so players might have bonuses from generals they don't have and are misattributed the effects they observe.

EDIT: FBG confirmed, general qualities were not being reset properly.
edited by PSGarak on 4/6/2021

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+2 link
falbert
falbert
Posts: 13

5 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
falbert wrote:
Hmm, I see that my Parabolan Dominance is not 4 - maybe the campaign I did isn't enough to reach an Epilogue.

In the &quotStalemate&quot ending, Parabolan dominance does not change. I'm not entirely sure what happens about the Epilogue on that case.


I got the Stalemate ending. Looks like there is no Epilogue in that case - or possibly the Epilogue is somewhere else than in the Docks.
0 link
menaulon
menaulon
Posts: 132

4 days ago
falbert wrote:

I got the Stalemate ending. Looks like there is no Epilogue in that case - or possibly the Epilogue is somewhere else than in the Docks.



According to the wiki, there is an epilogue for Stalemate in the same place as the rest, https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/An_Empty_House. That said, I haven't done it myself so I don't know for sure. I just wonder whether this could be a bug.
edited by menaulon on 4/6/2021

--
Menaulon
Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
0 link
El Mar
El Mar
Posts: 23

4 days ago
Waterpls wrote:
Well, we can always pay 45 fate for the story

Assuming chance of rare success is 5% and that we roll for airags and mirrorboxes (so mirrorbox is 2.5%):
280 rolls give 55% chance to get 7 or more mirrorboxes
420 rolls give 90% chance to get 7 or more mirrorboxes
510 rolls give 97% chance to get 7 or more mirrorboxes

Basically lucky half of us can get mirrorboxes in 3 days grind and most of us in 5 days.

edited by Waterpls on 3/31/2021


You can double your chances for the right rare success, sparing the airags, with the free change possibility of Airs of Parabola. If AoP is 50 or higher, just leave the Waswood (this rerolls AoP), then enter and try again. As of now, this does not cost any actions, just a bunch of clicks.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/El%20Mar
+1 link
falbert
falbert
Posts: 13

4 days ago
menaulon wrote:
falbert wrote:

I got the Stalemate ending. Looks like there is no Epilogue in that case - or possibly the Epilogue is somewhere else than in the Docks.



According to the wiki, there is an epilogue for Stalemate in the same place as the rest, https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/An_Empty_House. That said, I haven't done it myself so I don't know for sure. I just wonder whether this could be a bug.
edited by menaulon on 4/6/2021


If the info in the wiki is correct, the only way to get there would be to first complete the campaign without stalemate, then a second time with stalemate.
Not sure if it is what FBG intended.
+1 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 551

4 days ago
Is there a hidden lock on your reflection final?
Killed whole Vake, got only "Deny yourself" option.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Hattington
Hattington
Posts: 449

4 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Is there a hidden lock on your reflection final?
Killed whole Vake, got only "Deny yourself" option.



Seems that it's only folks who spared an aspect of the Vake who get the additional option, yeah.

--
The Twice-Dawnburnt Vake-Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
0 link
menaulon
menaulon
Posts: 132

4 days ago
Hattington wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:
Is there a hidden lock on your reflection final?
Killed whole Vake, got only "Deny yourself" option.



Seems that it's only folks who spared an aspect of the Vake who get the additional option, yeah.



That's odd, since that appears to make it the only Ambition choice without "Give your reflection what it wants" option. Has anyone checked with support if this is intentional or a bug?

--
Menaulon
Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 551

4 days ago
Ok, I'm filing a ticket then, because this is bullshit.
edited by Aro Saren on 4/7/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Hattington
Hattington
Posts: 449

4 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Ok, I'm filing a ticket than, because this is bullshit.



Please echo the result if you unlock a new option!

EDIT: Actually, has anyone tried it with The Long-Dead Priests of the Red Bird yet? The wiki appears to lack that option.
edited by Hattington on 4/7/2021

--
The Twice-Dawnburnt Vake-Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
0 link
menaulon
menaulon
Posts: 132

3 days ago
falbert wrote:
menaulon wrote:
falbert wrote:

I got the Stalemate ending. Looks like there is no Epilogue in that case - or possibly the Epilogue is somewhere else than in the Docks.



According to the wiki, there is an epilogue for Stalemate in the same place as the rest, https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/An_Empty_House. That said, I haven't done it myself so I don't know for sure. I just wonder whether this could be a bug.
edited by menaulon on 4/6/2021


If the info in the wiki is correct, the only way to get there would be to first complete the campaign without stalemate, then a second time with stalemate.
Not sure if it is what FBG intended.



I contacted FBG with a bug report and they fixed it! Now An Empty House is tied to Stage of War, not Parabolan Dominance, so it will always be accessible after a Chessboad campaign.

--
Menaulon
Open to social actions, but would prefer to be betrayed in the search for Photographer.
+1 link
Sir Reginald Monteroy
Sir Reginald Monteroy
Posts: 316

3 days ago
Just to be sure, the bunch of cats you can get from Mr. Chimes' Lost and Found for 3 Memories of a Tale each count individually for the education of the seven-headed Cub? Or just when you get Horatio?
Other than that, anyone knows any other Fate-locked sources of felines for that purpose? I had already finished Go Tell the King of Cats and do not see any option for that. Do you get one if you are actively playing the story (or some other Fate-locked story)?

Incidentally, if there is anyone who'd be willing to send my characters (mainly Sir Reginald Monteroy) a Parabolan Kitten? That would be much appreciated, though I imagine there is quite a demand for them nowadays...


On an unrelated note, kudos to FBG - the Parabolan War is a huge thing, and seems well set up for easy expansion and maintenance.
It's very hard to choose the most fitting Oneiropompic Staff to get as my first one, though.

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, the Obsessive Professor
Paramount Glassman of the Ancient Regime, Courier's Footprint, Poet-Laureate, Defender of Public Safety, Cider owner. Inordinately fond of weasels. Consummate Academic. Compulsively editing his posts.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

If you desire a sip of Hesperidean Cider, PM me in the game.

Rotsternchen, an up-and-rising Socialite, Demi-Monde-Sipping Lepidopteran, New Regime Silverer and Symboliste. The titular orchid of Blutrote Orchidee. Weimar-era Decadent in the making.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Rotsternchen
0 link
Hattington
Hattington
Posts: 449

3 days ago
The Mr. Chimes cats count individually, yeah.

--
The Twice-Dawnburnt Vake-Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1192

3 days ago
Each of the five cats counts, as does Horatio, for a total of six. And by my count, it (currently) is necessary to have at least a few of them to unlock Catty McCatface's final form.

Other Fate-locked cats are Hallowmas companions from years past. They won't be available until this upcoming Hallowmas.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
Winthropx
Winthropx
Posts: 307

3 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
Each of the five cats counts, as does Horatio, for a total of six. And by my count, it (currently) is necessary to have at least a few of them to unlock Catty McCatface's final form.

Other Fate-locked cats are Hallowmas companions from years past. They won't be available until this upcoming Hallowmas.


I really like the text from introducing the Starveling Cat at the dome.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 551

1 days ago
I guess, the next content update is Whitsun, right?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 509

22 hours ago
No, Hurlers.

--
Long grinds: Narcissistic Statues 7/7; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
Winthropx
Winthropx
Posts: 307

16 hours ago
I think it’s supposed to be Hurlers first then Whitsun. Doesn’t mean plans can’t change.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software