Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Parabolan War Messages in this topic - RSS

Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 513

2 days ago
Discussion go here.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 513

2 days ago
Reserving for the nearest content update.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 513

2 days ago
Judging by the wording, it will be rolled out somewhere in April.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 398

2 days ago
...by which time this thread will have most likely fallen off the front page, so someone will start a new one once there's something to talk about. 😉
edited by PJ on 2/23/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+1 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 513

2 days ago
I'm a necromancer, I'll bring it back.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
+2 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand
Posts: 223

2 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
I'm a necromancer, I'll bring it back.


And then someone will complain about necro'd threads...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 513

2 days ago
Let it be their little problem, not ours.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
+1 link
Rachel
Rachel
Posts: 182

2 days ago
Ragnar Degenhand wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:
I'm a necromancer, I'll bring it back.


And then someone will complain about necro'd threads...

No, because it will be relevant. Necroing a thread that hasn't seen a single post in four years is an entirely different situation.

--
Kaunis Enkeli, the spy who won the game of the Masters, and chose a false Heart's Desire in the hope it would get her the Time to achieve her true
Crazy enough to actually want Flame-proof Missives
+1 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei
Posts: 412

1 days ago
Time to set up the snake targets in the back yard again. Gonna need to train for this one.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand
Posts: 223

1 days ago
Rachel wrote:
No, because it will be relevant. Necroing a thread that hasn't seen a single post in four years is an entirely different situation.


Ha, ha. You sound like someone who complains about necro'd threads...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 398

1 days ago
I dunno, it might be nice to have a new thread for discussion of the actual parabolan war content, separate from any pre-war speculation that might accumulate in this thread.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+1 link
Winthropx
Winthropx
Posts: 291

1 days ago
I’m hoping the nemesis affiliation will get a use in the war.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
0 link
Rachel
Rachel
Posts: 182

1 days ago
Ragnar Degenhand wrote:
Rachel wrote:
No, because it will be relevant. Necroing a thread that hasn't seen a single post in four years is an entirely different situation.


Ha, ha. You sound like someone who complains about necro'd threads...
Yeah, I do, because it's generally considered bad form on any forum on the internet. It raises irrelevant topics the community stopped caring about some time ago for no real purpose.

--
Kaunis Enkeli, the spy who won the game of the Masters, and chose a false Heart's Desire in the hope it would get her the Time to achieve her true
Crazy enough to actually want Flame-proof Missives
0 link
Ragnar Degenhand
Ragnar Degenhand
Posts: 223

1 days ago
Rachel wrote:
Yeah, I do, because it's generally considered bad form on any forum on the internet. It raises irrelevant topics the community stopped caring about some time ago for no real purpose.


Let me offer my abject apology for triggering you in this devastating fashion. And what's worse, either not having been on "any forum on the internet" for long enough to realise what "bad form" looks like, or alternatively not giving a damn.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ragnar%20Degenhand
+1 link
Plynkes
Plynkes
Posts: 748

1 days ago
There are plenty of places on the net where you will get jumped on for starting a new thread instead of necroing an old one on the same topic. You really can't please everybody. Either way, it doesn't seem worth getting in a tizz about to me.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+2 link
Sir Reginald Monteroy
Sir Reginald Monteroy
Posts: 293

23 hours ago
Plynkes wrote:
There are plenty of places on the net where you will get jumped on for starting a new thread instead of necroing an old one on the same topic. You really can't please everybody. Either way, it doesn't seem worth getting in a tizz about to me.



Indeed, it seems that the influence of the Fingerkings has already sparked a conflict in our little forum-corner of the Is-Not, and a month before the actual start of the official hostilities at that smile

From the blog post, it would seem that the Parabolan War might be slated to start sometime at the turn of March/April. Plenty of time to speculate smile

What are your ideas/guesses at the other "various powers of the Parabola" beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?

--
Sir Reginald Monteroy, Paramount Glassman of the Ancient Regime, Courier's Footprint, Poet-Laureate, Defender of Public Safety, Cider owner. Compulsively editing his posts.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Sir Reginald Monteroy

If you desire a sip of Hesperidean Cider, PM me in the game.

Rotsternchen, an up-and-rising Socialite, Demi-Monde-Sipping Lepidopteran, New Regime Silverer and Symboliste. The titular orchid of Blutrote Orchidee. Weimar-era Decadent in the making.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Rotsternchen
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei
Posts: 412

21 hours ago
Sir Reginald Monteroy wrote:
What are your ideas/guesses at the other "various powers of the Parabola" beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?
Those three certainly seem the most obvious. Arbor is also not unlikely to have some stake in it. Could the chessboard come into play? Perhaps some infernal interest?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Hattington
Hattington
Posts: 419

21 hours ago
Sir Reginald Monteroy wrote:
Plynkes wrote:
There are plenty of places on the net where you will get jumped on for starting a new thread instead of necroing an old one on the same topic. You really can't please everybody. Either way, it doesn't seem worth getting in a tizz about to me.



Indeed, it seems that the influence of the Fingerkings has already sparked a conflict in our little forum-corner of the Is-Not, and a month before the actual start of the official hostilities at that smile

From the blog post, it would seem that the Parabolan War might be slated to start sometime at the turn of March/April. Plenty of time to speculate smile

What are your ideas/guesses at the other "various powers of the Parabola" beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?



Everyone who can potentially pitch in or contribute during the dream battle from Ambition: Heart's Desire seems like a shoe-in. So other than the Beleaguered King and Bloody-Handed Queen, Spices/Wines and Storm the thunder dragon seem like potential powers. There's also the Fingerkings' "gift" from Go Tell The Kind of Cats assuming it's something more than merely a Fingerking puppet, knowingly or not. Oh, and one of the Duchess' sisters rules a sort of settlement of the 2nd City manned by ushabti servitors.

...I'm really curious about players who finished Ambition: Bag a Legend players and obtained The Long-Dead Priests of the Red Bird as their prize. Because the circumstances (either chaining up what's left of Veils, or picking and eating him) and the God-Eaters' response seems to imply you're considered at least a minor power of Parabola by default.

--
The Twice-Dawnburnt, Vake-Riding Biscuit Thief: https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1165

20 hours ago
The Rubberies have an unclear relationship with Parabola, which could be something that's explored. My understanding is that they have a different "entry point," whereas humans use the Viric Jungle, and that somehow relates to a different Power.

I think we'll also start seeing the Fingerkings as less homogeneous, and possibly even start to know some by name. I think the ones from Lost in Reflections where some particular genus of Fingerkings (Orts?), and Light Fingers lets you know of a special one called the Boiling of Calamaties.

Also, Reflections. Reflections, reflections, reflections. I don't think that's a "power" per se, but I would be shocked if we don't start uncovering that topic, and its relation to the hybrid orange-apple. The kitchen at Station VIII is on my mind for that one.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
elderfleur
elderfleur
Posts: 106

20 hours ago
My money's on a Whitsun tie in. Spontaneous eggs appearing all over London? Who's to say some of those eggs might not be a bridgehead of Dream Eggs, laid by Dream Snakes? Or Dream Bees, I suppose. 80% certain they won't be Cat Eggs.

--
—Elderfleur
0 link
12




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software