Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Hurlers Messages in this topic - RSS

Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 748

4/24/2021
NotaWalrus wrote:
Speaking of Commissioner, it's a bit strange that her nightmares in the Viric Jungle are unchanged. That seems like like an oversight.



She specifically says in her parting storylet (at least, in the "sleep and eat" option) that she's traumatised for eons to come and nightmares won't recede any time soon. Means, devs were too lazy to redesign this part after the end of the story and thus handwaved it.
edited by Aro Saren on 4/24/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
-8 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1413

4/24/2021
At least there's an explanation somewhere, even though I missed it because I had her talk to Dr Vaughan.

I was hoping for a little more in terms of lasting effects. I'm glad there are text changes in Jericho, and especially the Octogonal Tomb itself. I was hoping to find something different or new underneath the Magistracy, but so far I have not.

Do we think the Creditor storyline is now fully done? That's been one of the primary driving narratives of the Railway as a whole, and I wasn't expecting that to conclude before we reached the end of the line. I suppose now the narrative is the Discordance and the TLU. Unless this ice-castle happens to be Hillchanger's second cousin or something, and we have to get the band back together.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+2 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus
Posts: 461

4/24/2021
Unrelated to the Commissioner's Tale. I laid track while keeping an eye out for bones and it failed to redirect me to the storylet where I cash out paleontological discoveries. I still have the discoveries in my profile. Seems like a bug.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link
PSGarak
PSGarak
Posts: 1413

4/24/2021
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I'm grateful for it. I was planning on just banking the Discoveries anyways, so I was happy not to have to spend the extra action to decline rushing over to the bone market.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2763

4/24/2021
NotaWalrus wrote:
Speaking of Commissioner, it's a bit strange that her nightmares in the Viric Jungle are unchanged. That seems like like an oversight.


Maybe, maybe not. Parabola is a weird place; the nightmares may have acquired a semi-permanent quality, even though the Efficient Commissioner is gone. Or maybe she's just gone from the GHR, and our knowledge?

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 748

4/24/2021
NotaWalrus wrote:
Unrelated to the Commissioner's Tale. I laid track while keeping an eye out for bones and it failed to redirect me to the storylet where I cash out paleontological discoveries. I still have the discoveries in my profile. Seems like a bug.



IIRC this was done on purpose, to let the players accumulate the discoveries and not bog up the process. Don't have any on my char, but I vaguely remember ther was an easy way to cash them in en masse - either through item itself or at a storylet somewhere.


Well, Creditor's story can have a very easy twist - someone actually breaks the agreement for which the coin is merely a gage, maybe even the PC, and the Tower swoops in demanding justice. It can summon the offending side to Evenlode, take the stories from Bazaar, unleash the lacre - whatever. Also, there's still Ministry of Upper River, an unrelated offender comprised of several Masters, which provoked the whole plot.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Captain Blood Storm
Captain Blood Storm
Posts: 592

4/24/2021
Waterpls wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:

Commissioner in her adventures sounds like an absolute badass nerd, and that's pretty cool.

And yes, I like the point that PC isn't the axis of the world others are spinning around, and other characters can have their own stories off-screen.

Yeah, this is nice touch. But her misadventures are like a 2% of what PC experienced in the past and she is already burned out, depressed and on the brink of nervous breakdown. Makes our PC even more overpowered omnipotent Mary/Marty Sue in comparison.



This. The FL PC can get as Connected to Fingerkings as much as they like, and still be requested for help from the cats. The FL PC can get away with royally pissing off Mr. Spices by drugging it up in an ES, compel a confession from Mr. Wines with the Correspondence without fear of retaliation or become the Bloody-Handed Queen's new champion. The FL PC can take vengeance on Mr. Cup, bring a half-human half-Miser being into the world, win the right to be anointed the next Master of the Bazaar or shred apart the Vake except for the aspect that agrees to support them.

I'm all for NPCs having their own lives to live, and I do like the Commissioner getting her own arc even if you kick her from the Board. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm considering putting her back on. While there are a few I'd peg as being on another level from PCs I wouldn't say the Commissioner is one of them. And most of them are Masters, or y'know-December, who Sunless Skies implies is literally a higher order of being by the Great Chain's reckoning.

--
Captain Blood Storm, the Discordant and Twice-Dawnburnt Vake Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
+1 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 184

4/24/2021
So, we go through all these convoluted steps and help resolve a millennia-old debt have nothing to show for it at the end?..

--
Wojciech, a Glassman, Paramoun Presence of the Ancient Regime, The Holder of the Deck.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 184

4/24/2021
So, we go through all these convoluted steps and help resolve a millennia-old debt have nothing to show for it at the end?..

--
Wojciech, a Glassman, Paramoun Presence of the Ancient Regime, The Holder of the Deck.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Deathjack999
Deathjack999
Posts: 233

4/24/2021
Me realizing I forgot how horrible the Bone Zone is: This is fine.
Also me: [Internal Screaming]

--
Send me anything social, My FL account has the same username as this one.

Ambition Status: Completed Bag A Legend.
0 link
Captain Blood Storm
Captain Blood Storm
Posts: 592

4/24/2021
Wojciech wrote:
So, we go through all these convoluted steps and help resolve a millennia-old debt have nothing to show for it at the end?..



I kinda figure that all the reward, if it exists, will transpire at the final stop at Hell. Mostly I'm just nervous if the insane Heptagoat breeders are gonna get something nobody else will have a hope of. With the best grind my lazy braincells can focus on, I can afford an Ubergoat at best come the hour.

--
Captain Blood Storm, the Discordant and Twice-Dawnburnt Vake Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
0 link
Waterpls
Waterpls
Posts: 602

4/24/2021
Hattington wrote:
Wojciech wrote:
So, we go through all these convoluted steps and help resolve a millennia-old debt have nothing to show for it at the end?..

Mostly I'm just nervous if the insane Heptagoat breeders are gonna get something nobody else will have a hope of. With the best grind my lazy braincells can focus on, I can afford an Ubergoat at best come the hour.

Seems very unlikely. Its not effective to waste time on free content exclusive for ~30 people. Maybe little snippet.
edited by Waterpls on 4/24/2021

--
Long grinds: Saddle 26/200; Hellworm Done; Narcissistic Statues 9/9; Heptagoat Done; Cider Done
0 link
amalgamate
amalgamate
Posts: 704

4/24/2021
I'm hoping for something! ...but really, what I'm hoping for is a unique quality or a bit of text, it's not like I need the reward for a Heptagoat to be a profitable grind!

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/amalgamate

Social invitations of all kinds welcome! Deadly sparring, plant battles, etc.

Send me an in-game connection request if you need a discordant missive or a point of notability, or if there's some letters you want to trade.
0 link
Grouchybeast
Grouchybeast
Posts: 54

4/24/2021
Hattington wrote:
I kinda figure that all the reward, if it exists, will transpire at the final stop at Hell. Mostly I'm just nervous if the insane Heptagoat breeders are gonna get something nobody else will have a hope of. With the best grind my lazy braincells can focus on, I can afford an Ubergoat at best come the hour.


It would be funnier if getting to the last stops on the Railway gave the player an alternative way to get Cider and a Heptagoat. After all, the Railway has been handing out far more accessible options for the big ticket relicker items, so why shouldn't the big two echo grinds get the same treatment in the final stations?

Hmm...the blog post about The Hurlers does mention goat demons...

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Elizabeth%20Malroye
+1 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 748

4/24/2021
I would like to aggree, but this misses the point: scrap-less features let you nor rely on luck to grind the scraps, instead simply wasting lots of actions and resources. On the other hand, goats and cider require only echoes, which can be reliably ground in many ways.


Also, it would be plausible for Hurlers statue to require goats. Yes, even Heptagoat would make sense this way.
edited by Aro Saren on 4/24/2021

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
+1 link
Grouchybeast
Grouchybeast
Posts: 54

4/24/2021
Aro Saren wrote:
I would like to aggree, but this misses the point: scrap-less features let you nor rely on luck to grind the scraps, instead simply wasting lots of actions and resources. On the other hand, goats and cider require only echoes, which can be reliably ground in many ways.


On the third tentacle, FB seem to spend a fair amount on time on tweaking and balancing echo grinds. The largest driving forces behind min-maxing long-term echo grinding are probably goats and cider. Giving those two goals alternate achievement paths would relieve the pressure on players to feel they need to focus on echo grinding efficiency over everything else. Imagine, for example, a time-gated activity like board meetings or castellen gifts, that if repeated over an appropriate period delivered goats or cider. They'd still take time to achieve, but they wouldn't end up being the only thing that players did with their moves every day.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Elizabeth%20Malroye
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus
Posts: 461

4/25/2021
Grouchybeast wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:
I would like to aggree, but this misses the point: scrap-less features let you nor rely on luck to grind the scraps, instead simply wasting lots of actions and resources. On the other hand, goats and cider require only echoes, which can be reliably ground in many ways.


On the third tentacle, FB seem to spend a fair amount on time on tweaking and balancing echo grinds. The largest driving forces behind min-maxing long-term echo grinding are probably goats and cider. Giving those two goals alternate achievement paths would relieve the pressure on players to feel they need to focus on echo grinding efficiency over everything else. Imagine, for example, a time-gated activity like board meetings or castellen gifts, that if repeated over an appropriate period delivered goats or cider. They'd still take time to achieve, but they wouldn't end up being the only thing that players did with their moves every day.

Other vanity grinds like Renown 40/50/55, Scholar of the Correspondence, Poet Laurate, Defender of Public Safety, Parabolan Sceptres,tier 8 items, etc already fulfill that purpose. None are as long as Cider/Goat, but they're already there.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 184

4/25/2021
So, do we expect the actual route to unlock tomorrow, at about 12 GMT?

--
Wojciech, a Glassman, Paramoun Presence of the Ancient Regime, The Holder of the Deck.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei
Posts: 770

4/26/2021
Toran wrote:
Huh, I’m really glad I put the Commissioner back on the board. That was oddly touching at the end.
I was not touched. I felt rather put out by it all. I let her know about it. We are no longer on speaking terms.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No plant battles, loitering, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
0 link
Captain Blood Storm
Captain Blood Storm
Posts: 592

4/26/2021
Tsar Koschei wrote:
Toran wrote:
Huh, I’m really glad I put the Commissioner back on the board. That was oddly touching at the end.
I was not touched. I felt rather put out by it all. I let her know about it. We are no longer on speaking terms.



You know, it’s funny-I shared your exact opinion RIGHT UP UNTIL the Commissioner started explaining what she went through, given I spent most of Railway having her kicked off the board. I mean, “touched” is a REALLY strong word consdiering I was genuinely hoping to brawl with her personally in the opening fight but honestly hearing about how she was embarking on her own adventures to pursue her goal impressed me enough because I was genuinely convinced she was in it for some underhanded reward from the Bazaar. Knowing that she was willing to try to be a FL player character to see this through did wonders for my opinion on her.

--
Captain Blood Storm, the Discordant and Twice-Dawnburnt Vake Rider https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Hattington
+3 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software