Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Off topic: The Surface

Discuss topics unrelated to our games here - as ever, be courteous and have fun!

I'm baaaack (mayhap.) Messages in this topic - RSS

the Inquisitive Masseurse

8/9/2020
For some reason, my old account did not recognize me, so here i am with a new one.
I used to hang out in chat a lot. Now i can't find the link to it. Halp?
Also, pardon if i'm breaking any etiquetteries by asking this, but is there a dedicated community for Cultist Simulator anywhere? All i could find are Steam and GOG boards for it, which isn't the same.

--
Good news everyone! The Inquisitive Masseurse is back in London, from hir extended tour overzeez, and is available for house calls!

Not so great news: Streetcat is still in London. It's probably right behind you.
0 link
NotaWalrus
NotaWalrus

8/9/2020
There is a subreddit for Weatherfactory and one for Cultist Simulator. They're basically the same subreddit now and you occasionally get memes or victory boasting. There is also a channel for cultist sim in the Failbetter Community discord server (a.k.a the other discord)

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/NotaWalrus
Ignacious, the Fluid Professor, he will accept most social invitations, including boxed cats and affluent photographers (but only betrayals), though he is absent-minded and might take more time than entirely necessary. He apologizes.
+1 link

2/28/2021
Are the forums just dead in general? WT_ happened? I recently got into Skies, and after posting a bunch on the relevant board, i realized the last post from anyone but myself was last year. :=/

--
Good news everyone! The Inquisitive Masseurse is back in London, from hir extended tour overzeez, and is available for house calls!

Not so great news: Streetcat is still in London. It's probably right behind you.
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

2/28/2021
The FL forum is still pretty active. Can't speak for the others as I almost never use them myself. If the forums have died, FB didn't help it with the phase they went through of everything being on social media instead of their own forums. They did kind of abandon them for a while back there. Happily that no longer seems to be the case.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+3 link
The Dreadful Intriguer
The Dreadful Intriguer

2/28/2021
I, for one, am glad that these forums are quite alive. I prefer this format anyways.

--
(May or may not have moved onto playing Genshin Impact. I'll return to this game when I feel like it.)

Is the sweetest sound not silence?

The Dreadful Intriguer: A gentleman with the charm of an enthusiastic devil, the appearance of a Tomb-Colonist, and the cunning nature of an Urchin. Forever committed to the Once-Dashing Smuggler. ♡
(He does not speak by mouth and will use other means of communication.)

The Sprightly Mariner: The elder sister of The Dreadful Intriguer, on the trail of adventure and treasure. A charmingly terrifying lady of the Zee. Call her Captain.
0 link
Robin Alexander
Robin Alexander

2/28/2021
Masseurse wrote:
Are the forums just dead in general? WT_ happened? I recently got into Skies, and after posting a bunch on the relevant board, i realized the last post from anyone but myself was last year. :=/

I think there's a natural ebb and flow of activity.

Over time, I've seen users take breaks and come back. I took a hiatus of over a year, as I was frustrated by certain aspects of the game, and I returned on realising a lot had been changed and added that appealed to me as a user. I suspect it's similar to most users.

New users won't typically use forums, especially in this day and age, and would go to Reddit or Discord. Old users would likely use the forums, and I'm one who does vastly prefer them, too, but the old users will come and go . . . they might dislike this change, or not have money for the EF, or just want a break for whatever reason, and then return (usually) at a later date. I've seen the forums much busier, too, but also much quieter. I wouldn't worry about it.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Robin%20Alexander - main

https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Benjamin%20Parker - alt
+1 link
ExceptionallyDelicious
ExceptionallyDelicious

3/1/2021
Robin Alexander wrote:
Masseurse wrote:

I think there's a natural ebb and flow of activity.

Over time, I've seen users take breaks and come back. I took a hiatus of over a year, as I was frustrated by certain aspects of the game, and I returned on realising a lot had been changed and added that appealed to me as a user. I suspect it's similar to most users.

New users won't typically use forums, especially in this day and age, and would go to Reddit or Discord. Old users would likely use the forums, and I'm one who does vastly prefer them, too, but the old users will come and go . . . they might dislike this change, or not have money for the EF, or just want a break for whatever reason, and then return (usually) at a later date. I've seen the forums much busier, too, but also much quieter. I wouldn't worry about it.

That's what happened with me! Back after a two and a half year break and boy has everything changed.

--
Any and all social actions are appreciated, and most will be reciprocated.

DavidJ, a self reflection (main): http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/DavidJ

Damien Erebus, a broken man and aspiring spymaster: http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Damien%20Erebus
0 link