Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeSunless Skies

For the discussion of our Sunless Skies, released January 2019.

Sunless Skies PC - No luck getting the game to sta Messages in this topic - RSS

decker12
decker12

8/1/2020
Trying to play SS on the PC.

Just installed the game, and I can't get it to run. I hit Play on Steam, it thinks for a second, pops up the usual black/grey Steam box saying "Preparing to run Sunless Skies", the Play button turns to Stop for a moment, then right back to Play.

No error message, no splash screen, no glitch, no crash, no nothing. Just doesn't do a thing. Reinstalled and verified in game files without any luck. I've never seen a game on Steam do this before.

Uninstalled and reinstalled several times the past few days and the same behavior happens. Shame because I liked Sunless Seas, but this game simply won't run. Hilariously it's the only game in my entire steam library that behaves like this.

Again, no crash message, no alerts, no nothing. Nothing in the Event Viewer. I don't even see a window pop up for a split second before it crashes. I can't even tell if' it's actually crashing because that would indicate some sort of program that looks like it ran before exiting. Literally I push the Play button, it goes to Stop for about 3 seconds, then goes right back to Play.

Tried to refund the game but since I've been trying to get it to work for 2 weeks, Steam denied me. Shame because I played Fallen London for years and Sunless Seas and was looking forward to this game, but it just won't run. In 16 years old owning Steam I've never seen a game behave like this.

Any ideas on what else to try?
0 link