Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

New Experiment: Warbler Skeleton Warping Messages in this topic - RSS

Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

12 days ago
Two wrongs against the law of nature~

~make one rightly profitable venture!



I know what my characters are bringing to Ealing Station later.

-------

Head 1: "Oh, a trip outside of London! How exciting!"
Head 2: "I aim to have a journal annotated. Would any of you kindly render assistance?"
Head 3: "I can hold a quill."
Head 4: "We should inquire the human as to loan us an ink pot."

Head 5: "I heard that our much-distant flightless cousin would be coming along too. The scary one with teeth, hopefully not?"

Head 6: "Fortunately, no. Rather, it would be the single-headed one, specifically the youngest."

Head 7: "That lovable inquisitive terror! I do imagine that Ealing would be an exciting experience for it."

-------


That aside, I look forward to what the Warbler would say when they are put to the knife. The Apicius Club option didn't mention anything about their last moments - or whether they are aware that they are going to be killed and eaten.

Maybe we get to have the possessed version cut up too? The tongues already make tongues disappear. The meat would be even nastier.
+1 link
Rachel
Rachel
Posts: 48

12 days ago
I'm going to need warblers... lots of warblers. o-o

--
My profile
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 190

12 days ago
Warblers are smart enough to understand their fate when faced with it, but their physiology prevents them from not-praising you and your decisions on it.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
+1 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

12 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Warblers are smart enough to understand their fate when faced with it, but their physiology prevents them from not-praising you and your decisions on it.



Physiology? Really? I have read all the fluff text about them, and the impression that I get is that they are incessant brown-nosers when they can't do much of anything else at the time (i.e. they are in captivity). I do recall that from failure rolls in the hunts, some of the heads will peck and spit at the player character.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

12 days ago
Rachel wrote:
I'm going to need warblers... lots of warblers. o-o


Don't forget to stock the lesser animals! I expect there to be options to kill animals sold by Nassos Zoological.
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 190

12 days ago
Rostygold wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:
Warblers are smart enough to understand their fate when faced with it, but their physiology prevents them from not-praising you and your decisions on it.



Physiology? Really? I have read all the fluff text about them, and the impression that I get is that they are incessant brown-nosers when they can't do much of anything else at the time (i.e. they are in captivity). I do recall that from failure rolls in the hunts, some of the heads will peck and spit at the player character.



Kataleptic Toxicology, second overcap experiment.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

12 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Kataleptic Toxicology, second overcap experiment.

All I got from that experiment is that they clam up when it comes to things about their physiology - other than the one specimen that tried to mislead the player character by referring to the Hillmovers as "eggs". It's only at the end of the experiment, when the Warblers have little choice but to regurgitate in full view so that the player realizes that the Hillmovers are bird pellets.
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 190

12 days ago
Guess, you weren't paying much attention.
Their praise is insincere and toxic. This toxin is processed and accumulated by a capillary system in their throats. Supposedly, their peck is toxic, and when there's no discharge for too long, they accrete and regurgitate it in form of hillmovers.
When you discover this, warblers praise you too, and flinch of overflow of poison, but cannot resist the urge.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

12 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Guess, you weren't paying much attention.

Like I have said, I recall the fluff text well. The hillmovers are their pellets; these aren't indicators that they are toxic.
You know what? Let's just agree to disagree here. Last thing I want to do is argue about fluff and lore that I am not convinced about.
0 link
Rachel
Rachel
Posts: 48

11 days ago
Rostygold wrote:
Rachel wrote:
I'm going to need warblers... lots of warblers. o-o


Don't forget to stock the lesser animals! I expect there to be options to kill animals sold by Nassos Zoological.


True, but a seven-necked ribcage? The possibilities for getting certain materials... (With monstrous shadowy checks, no doubt, but I splurged for a viric gown to deal with suspicion)

--
My profile
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 190

11 days ago
Rostygold wrote:
Aro Saren wrote:
Guess, you weren't paying much attention.

Like I have said, I recall the fluff text well. The hillmovers are their pellets; these aren't indicators that they are toxic.
You know what? Let's just agree to disagree here. Last thing I want to do is argue about fluff and lore that I am not convinced about.



Drat, I forgot: you had to ask April to help with research to reveal the piece about toxins and capillary system.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

11 days ago
Aro Saren wrote:
Drat, I forgot: you had to ask April to help with research to reveal the piece about toxins and capillary system.


If you have recorded that, please update it in the wiki.
Of all the insights that April would yield...
0 link
Aro Saren
Aro Saren
Posts: 190

11 days ago
Sorry, but no, for some reason I don't remember now I abstained of echoing my activities at that period.
I'll try to find someone else with it.
edited by Aro Saren on 6/29/2020

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Andre%20Alexin
Will accept only something interesting.
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software