Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 22/06/2020 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator
Posts: 3541

18 days ago
Here's this week's questions thread!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
0 link
fungo maddens
fungo maddens
Posts: 8

18 days ago
Since the Possessions tab got revamped, anything I do there has a long delay. (I'm playing on my Android phone.) Is there anything I can do about this?
0 link
Meradine Heidenreich
Meradine Heidenreich
Posts: 484

18 days ago
In my dash to get the ancien regime PP, I ended up with a great deal of unwanted cash (money, money, money) and now find the levels of basic goods inadequate to what I want to do. Any ideas of the best way to replenish tiers one and two would be much appreciated. I'd obviously prefer to avoid the buy-back route, but don't mind a bit of focussed grinding.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Meradine%20Heidenreich

The Starveling kit
Gobbled up the bit
of cheese on my tray ..
"O Weh!"

No plant battles, please.
0 link
ugo
ugo
Posts: 5

17 days ago
While tracking animals of Parabola,you can sometimes search their lairs and get useful items. I haven't try out everything, so what will you get in an albatross' lair ,and carnivorous aurochs' lair?
0 link
phryne
phryne
Posts: 1397

17 days ago
ugo wrote:
While tracking animals of Parabola,you can sometimes search their lairs and get useful items. I haven't try out everything, so what will you get in an albatross' lair ,and carnivorous aurochs' lair?

I believe the Albatross has no such option.

Same for the Aurochs, though on recapturing it you always get a Memory of Discordance anyway.

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
0 link
lady ciel
lady ciel
Posts: 2550

16 days ago
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
In my dash to get the ancien regime PP, I ended up with a great deal of unwanted cash (money, money, money) and now find the levels of basic goods inadequate to what I want to do. Any ideas of the best way to replenish tiers one and two would be much appreciated. I'd obviously prefer to avoid the buy-back route, but don't mind a bit of focussed grinding.



Unfinished Business actions in the different areas give varying amounts of basic goods. Not sure if you can get all the tier one items but it might be worth a look. .

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/lady%20ciel

Sorry RL means I am not a very active player at the moment. No social actions unless you are prepared to wait and definitely no sparring or other mult-action things.

No Calling Cards or boxed cats please. Will take dupes on the affluent photographers. Other social invitations welcome. Parabolan Kittens usually available, send me an in-game social action saying you want one and I will get one to you as soon as possible.

storynexus name - reveurciel
+1 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 232

15 days ago
You can declare certain winged skeletons to be a "Curator". I know *we've* all at least heard of Sunless Skies, but is "Curator" a word that Londoners know now?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
0 link
xKiv
xKiv
Posts: 859

14 days ago
PJ wrote:
You can declare certain winged skeletons to be a "Curator". I know *we've* all at least heard of Sunless Skies, but is "Curator" a word that Londoners know now?


And if so, do they know that they already know some live Curators?

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 72

14 days ago
Hello, friends. Please, advise, are there any ways to develop the Artisan of Red Science and the Shapeling Arts skills? I've missed the opportunity at the Whitsun, as I was stuck in the middle of Impossible Theorem Research and didn't want to lose the progress... but now it feels that having ARS and SA only at 1 significantly limits my options regarding the Railroad and the Bone Market.

I haven't found anything in wiki, besides increasing SA through amalgamatying a skeleton... which is an option, but a hellishly expensive one.

--
Wojciech, a Paramount Presense Glassman.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 232

14 days ago
On Fluke Street you could raise Shaping Arts rather quickly. As well as pick up Rubbery Skull and a bunch of Helical Thighbones.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 72

14 days ago
PJ wrote:
On Fluke Street you could raise Shaping Arts rather quickly. As well as pick up Rubbery Skull and a bunch of Helical Thighbones.



OK, thank you. I should have added a qualifier though — I'm looking for non Fate-locked ways to increase ARS and SA.

--
Wojciech, a Paramount Presense Glassman.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Rostygold
Rostygold
Posts: 481

14 days ago
Wojciech wrote:
OK, thank you. I should have added a qualifier though — I'm looking for non Fate-locked ways to increase ARS and SA.


Check the wiki; the things on raising Artisan of the Red Science has been updated.

A caveat though; both are a pain in the butt if you missed Whitsun. Shapeling Arts, in particular, will require you to cross your fingers repeatedly abandoning Parabolan hunts. The Red Science ones rely less on luck, but still require Narrow Difficulty RNG rolls - and Nightmare increases on failures.
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech
Posts: 72

14 days ago
Rostygold wrote:
Wojciech wrote:
OK, thank you. I should have added a qualifier though — I'm looking for non Fate-locked ways to increase ARS and SA.


Check the wiki; the things on raising Artisan of the Red Science has been updated.


I'm sorry for my stupidity, but I do not see anything helpful there. The only repeatable actions are Completing the Betrayer of Measures and Completing the Device for the Duplication of Bones. They, in turn, are only unlocked when one already has Artisan Studies (which means your ARS must already be 5). All the other actions are one-time and usually tied to some Ambition.

--
Wojciech, a Paramount Presense Glassman.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 3711

13 days ago
If you got an Iron-Toothed Terror-Bird during Whitsun, you can grind obtain Thorned Ribcages in Parabola, which give 1 CP of Shapeling Arts when researched. (If you didn't get the Terror-Bird, there's a rare success that gives a Ribcage, but that will be very slow.)

For Red Science, you're out of luck for the moment. Currently the only options are researching the fate-locked Device from Whitsun or working with April for Bag a Legend players.

Failbetter is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
PJ
PJ
Posts: 232

13 days ago
I haven't gotten very far into the Railway content, but I have a feeling opportunities to work on Red Science will be found as we build closer to Hell.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Peter%20James
+1 link
phryne
phryne
Posts: 1397

13 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
For Red Science, you're out of luck for the moment. Currently the only options are researching the fate-locked Device from Whitsun or working with April for Bag a Legend players.
I don't quite get it. As it happens, I have a character who finished BaL and has ARS 5 thanks to April's help. At that point the list of possible experiments usually displays a new experiment that lets you raise the skill to 6 - at least, it used to be like that for the other new skills. But I don't see anything.

What exactly are the requirements for this experiment? I guess it's this one, but the wiki currently has only the ending, not the starting storylet.

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2565

13 days ago
phryne wrote:
Optimatum wrote:
For Red Science, you're out of luck for the moment. Currently the only options are researching the fate-locked Device from Whitsun or working with April for Bag a Legend players.
I don't quite get it. As it happens, I have a character who finished BaL and has ARS 5 thanks to April's help. At that point the list of possible experiments usually displays a new experiment that lets you raise the skill to 6 - at least, it used to be like that for the other new skills. But I don't see anything.

What exactly are the requirements for this experiment? I guess it's this one, but the wiki currently has only the ending, not the starting storylet.


[spoiler]You have to go into the Reflection of your Lab in Parabola and the starting storylet will be there. It's called "Dream Up A New Experiment".[/spoiler]

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
phryne
phryne
Posts: 1397

13 days ago
Thanks! smile

... though it appears you need to be a good way along the Railway content to see it, too. Ah well, at least I know where to look now!
edited by phryne on 6/27/2020

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
0 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software