Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Enlist other Players: the Singing Mandrake

Here you can find help from other players. Find a chess partner, someone to listen to your nightmares, or a clique.

The 6th Tournament of the SRS has ended! Messages in this topic - RSS

James Sinclair
James Sinclair

5/15/2020
The Sixth Tournament of the Sanguine Ribbon Society has concluded! The 35 participants fought a combined 222 Lethal Sparring Bouts. Please congratulate the champion of the tournament, Tsar Koschei, who was victorious with an incredible 31 points and, even more impressively, zero losses. Exceptional Hats off to you, sir! Please also congratulate the runner-up, Amalgamate (23 points) and 3rd place finisher Taranlei close behind with 19 points.

For the first time, we have a tie for the Wooden Spoon title with both William Green and Severinus in a tie with the lowest score (6). Per tournament rules, they'll continue sparring until one of them loses a set of two bouts and thus earns the title. Alternately, I will give them the option to share the title and split the "reward" of rats -- whatever the outcome, I will announce the winner(s) of the Wooden Spoon title here.

Here is the final scoreboard for participants that completed all 17 Lethal Sparring Bouts. Congratulations to all of you! Wear your Sanguine Ribbons with pride and, if you haven't already, record your wins and losses on the SRS Leaderboard.

1. Tsar Koschei (31) - CHAMPION
2. Amalgamate (23) - Runner-up
3. Taranlei (19) - 3rd Place
4. Raccoonajr (18)
5. Azoth I (17)
6. Optimatum, Werner Salaman, & Shaerys (tied with 15)
7. Solange Dovera-Rooke (14)
8. Rowland Walsted (13)
9. Skinnyman, Fenoglio, & idon091 (tied with 12)
10. Anne_Carnacki, ThomasSnurrison, & Vladje (tied with 11)
11. Praesidius & Qorder (tied with 10)
12. JaggedMallard & Johanness (tied with 9)
13. Plurnes (7)
14. William Green & Severinus (tied with 6)

Please note that due to the unexpected Whitsun festival, delivery of prizes will be delayed until after Whitsun has concluded (I have important egg-related matters to take care of at the moment). The participants listed above, however, are welcome to display the Sixth Tournament badge seen below to their signatures right now. I have already added the badge to their leaderboard profiles.

As always, please post or send me your feedback about the tournament to help improve future events. I already have a few rule changes in mind to streamline things a bit next time. To pre-register for the next tournament, join the SRS by adding your name to the Leaderboard if you haven't already (don't forget, you need a Black Ribbon to join), then simply write "Yes" in the "Applying for" column.

Until then, keep your blades sharp and your wits sharper still. 🗡
edited by James Sinclair on 5/15/2020
edited by James Sinclair on 5/15/2020

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+3 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

5/15/2020
Neat! I shall use those coins to upgrade my lab!

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/amalgamate

Social invitations of all kinds welcome, especially games of chess and deadly sparring!

Also happy to help with nightmares, send sips of Cider, and plant battle.
+2 link
Raccoonajr
Raccoonajr

5/15/2020
Awesome tournament! Thanks for running it, James. Congrats to Tsar, Amalgamate and Taranlei!!! (missed it by one!)

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Raccoonajr
+1 link
Shaerys
Shaerys

5/16/2020
Congratulations to the victors! And my thanks to all opponents who helped make this a fun first Tournament for me. I look forward to squaring off against some of you again in the future. And deepest gratitude to James Sinclair for organizing this excellent venture! Now back to dualing eggs...

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Shaerys
Courier's Footprint, pleased to offer introductory Correspondence instruction to Orphans, Urchins, Waifs, Scamps, and other Tatterdemalions.
+1 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

5/16/2020
William Green and Severinus have elected to share the Wooden Spoon title. I flipped a coin and have named William Green the Wooden Spoon and Severinus the Wooden Fork! Both of them also earn 500 rats (to be delivered post-Whitsun) and a spot in the Sanguine Hall of Fame.

I encourage other SRS members to send them congratulations and, of course, lots of additional rats.

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society 🗡

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
+3 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

5/18/2020
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and thanks especially to James for kindly organizing this lovely tournament. I'm very glad I was finally able to take part, thanks again to Praesidius for alerting me that it had started. And a thank you to all of my opponents, who (along with the kind prize donors) made this experience worthwhile! smile

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

5/21/2020
Many thanks for organizing this tournament, James! Big Grin

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+1 link
Vega
Vega

5/21/2020
My thanks to Anne Carnacki for alerting me to the tournament conclusion and winners, otherwise I would've missed this behind all the Whitsun festivities. (What, how could I miss the Tournament end?? Well, after all that death-dealing and bloodshed, I found my soul somewhat tarnished, and had to assuage that by partaking extensively in new life.)

As always, I enjoyed the Tournament immensely, especially this chance to duel such fine gentlefolk. I never would've expected to beat such folk like Azoth I and Raccoonajr. But my score has improved with every tournament, perhaps I might take the championship next! *cue hilarious laughter by Taranlei's L.B. companions in the background.*

Thank you Mister Sinclair for organizing another enjoyable event. May I meet many fellow duelists again next tournament.

--
The Jaunty Mystic, Taranlei, roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Member of the Sanguine Ribbon Society and the Temple Club (happy to send invites). Accepting all Acquaintances, lethal duels, social interactions, and opportunities for casual roleplay.

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage. "I have gone down, down, my love..."
+2 link
Zeel
Zeel

5/31/2020
Hi all! I find the idea of the Sanguine Ribbon a lot of fun, and found out about the tournament partway through the previous one. Is there any way to be alerted/put myself on the list when the next one is beginning?

EDIT: Never mind, properly read the first post.
edited by Zeel on 5/31/2020

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Zeel - Zeel, also known as the Hollow Hellion. A soulless, heartless, empty individual who will only deal with those who are advantageous to him.
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/Jass The Sly Socialite, or the Devious Rogue, depending where you see her. Jass lives a double life, alternating between the God-fearing, popular socialite and one of the many crime-lords of London.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Associate The Newest of the Cabal.
IF YOU WANT A PARABOLAN KITTEN please send me a social engagement or menace reduction to either account.
+1 link