Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Whitsun is here! Messages in this topic - RSS

Winthropx
Winthropx

4 days ago
Jules Asimov wrote:
I also want to know this.
Furthermore, will speculation about whitsun just disappear on the 22nd, or will there be a cashout option?

I kinda wanna keep it. I like having the seasonal qualities around as little mementoes.

--
Bishop Winthrop, a kind-hearted soul
A Paramount Presence
I accept all social actions
His Appearance
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?messageid=229809&Page=10#post#post229809
+2 link
Kaminski
Kaminski

4 days ago
Do we lose all of the 'Speculation about Whitsun' quality after the eggs disappear on the 25th, or do those of us who've been busy researching eggs and raising critters still get a chance to publish at least one special Whitsun edition in our newspaper?

--
Kaminski; Correspondent, magnanimous hedonist. Available for most types of social actions
+1 link
Snort
Snort

4 days ago
Wow. Has it only been 9 days? It’s been a hoot. smile

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Snort
+1 link
Scienceandponies
Scienceandponies

4 days ago
Question about exchanged eggs. Does anyone know what happens if the recipient rejects the offer? Does it bounce the alternate creature back to the sender like in feast of the rose? Would the sender at least get their egg and penny back?
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

3 days ago
Whitsun ends tomorrow!

The festival closes on the 22nd, and you will not be able to buy new eggs after that. You'll need to sell or hatch any remaining eggs before the 25th, when remaining eggs and augmentations will be removed.

Festivals are closed at around noon BST, but because these things are done manually, we advise not to engage in brinksmanship, lest you be disappointed.

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

3 days ago
Oh, does that mean we can stock up on eggs before tomorrow, and then go augment and hatch them until the 25th?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
+2 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

3 days ago
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Whitsun ends tomorrow!

The festival closes on the 22nd, and you will not be able to buy new eggs after that. You'll need to sell or hatch any remaining eggs before the 25th, when remaining eggs and augmentations will be removed.

Festivals are closed at around noon BST, but because these things are done manually, we advise not to engage in brinksmanship, lest you be disappointed.

So augmentation options, De Gustibus, bone market, the special newspaper edition etc remain open until the 25th? The only thing closing Friday is buying new eggs?
edited by Tsar Koschei on 5/21/2020

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
+3 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

3 days ago
Yup, it's a grace period to wind everything up. Any eggs left unhatched by around noon on the 25th will be lost, and only Ha'pennies or things bought with Ha'pennies will persist to next year.

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+4 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

3 days ago
Tsar Koschei wrote:
The only thing closing Friday is buying new eggs?
Methinks a certain Reliable Eggmonger will be doing a great deal of business today. πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š

--
James Sinclair

Curator of the Sanguine Ribbon Society πŸ—‘

A fully-fledged rΓͺveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow
☠
+3 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

3 days ago
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Yup, it's a grace period to wind everything up. Any eggs left unhatched by around noon on the 25th will be lost, and only Ha'pennies or things bought with Ha'pennies will persist to next year.

Thanks, that's helpful. Am I correct in reading your statements to mean that it will still be possible to treat, augment, and smash eggs we have as of the end of the Festival until noon (or so) on the 25th?

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Tsar Koschei
Tsar Koschei

3 days ago
Catherine Raymond wrote:
Thanks, that's helpful. Am I correct in reading your statements to mean that it will still be possible to treat, augment, and smash eggs we have as of the end of the Festival until noon (or so) on the 25th?
Asked (by me, just above) and answered (in your quote), I think. So yes.

James Sinclair wrote:
Methinks a certain Reliable Eggmonger will be doing a great deal of business today. πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
I suspect you just might be right about that. A brisk trade indeed.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Tsar%20Koschei

Sanguine Ribbon Society tournament champion.

No chess, loitering, friendly sparring, coffee at Caligula's or Affluent Photographer, please.
+2 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

2 days ago
Hello! You can no longer buy any eggs. Please remember to do what you will with them as soon as you can, as even if they are mid-incubate, or hatching, when the time comes on on Monday, they will go...
edited by babelfishwars on 5/22/2020

--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+1 link
Rostygold
Rostygold

2 days ago
Ah... One of my characters did not manage to get enough eggs in time. Gotta farm Steel Ingots and Nightsoil, ya know. :\
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

2 days ago
Are we going to be able to turn in our speculation about Whitsun for rewards like Putting Together the Pieces of Lacre or is the newspaper the only reward we can get?

--
Guide to my characters
0 link
phryne
phryne

2 days ago
Does someone have a profile link to the Rare Success Whitsun newspaper edition? I'd like to read it but wasn't fortunate enough to get it myself...

--
Accounts: Bag a Legend β€’ Light Fingers β€’ Heart's Desire β€’ Nemesis β€’ no ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writer ― Favours & Renown Guide
0 link
Her Ladyship The Ydell Sovereign
Her Ladyship The Ydell Sovereign

1 days ago
babelfishwars wrote:
Hello! You can no longer buy any eggs. Please remember to do what you will with them as soon as you can, as even if they are mid-incubate, or hatching, when the time comes on on Monday, they will go...
edited by babelfishwars on 5/22/2020

Well, being on HST, this explains why I wasn't able to buy any eggs even though it was still the 22. upset I forget everything is done on BST.
edited by TheLampades on 5/23/2020

--
-House of Ydell-
It's only when you cannot hear the bats, that is when the bats are coming. This is the only advice I have to give.
{Feel free to request my presence for any Correspondent needs, plant battles, duels, chess, whatever. It might take me a moment to a day to respond, but I will.)
0 link
theonie
theonie

1 days ago
phryne wrote:
Does someone have a profile link to the Rare Success Whitsun newspaper edition? I'd like to read it but wasn't fortunate enough to get it myself...

Yes, link here. I was lucky, got the rare success on the second try at a Whitsun edition.

--
theonie, an inescapable, midnight, terrifying, and irresistible lady. All social actions except Affluent Photographer welcome. As a Midnighter, will gladly accept all invitations to Orphanages.
+2 link
Jesiah Rothaich
Jesiah Rothaich

1 days ago
The writing for this event was hilarious, start to finish.

Particularly the throwaway stuff, the gossip and "airs" text. I think I laughed three times in a row at the first series of slice-of-life descriptions, Londoners reacting badly or ridiculously to the eggs. A particular favourite was a socialite pretending to swoon in horror at the sight of the eggs, and their clearly fed-up companion refusing to catch them. That sort of writing made the whole thing worthwhile, even without the gigantic companion haul.
+4 link
Shalinoth
Shalinoth

1 days ago
Thanks to De Gustibus, my characters have reached their goals of having 7 Sealed Copies of the Crimson Book. Now.. to replace those 7 vials of Master's Blood it cost, to match the 7 Tears of the Bazaar. Sevens! Seven of everything. Unless it's 77. Sometimes 777. I do have 77'777 of some items, but that's just folly. I certainly don't plan on having 7'777'777 rats one day before shuffling off the mortal coil on the Eaten path. No sir. Well, maybe. Wouldn't advise it. Madness, I say.

--
Profiles: Shally, Chimes & Jack~of~Smiles . . . Current Goal:
+2 link