Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

The Feast of the Rose 1898 Messages in this topic - RSS

AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

3 days ago
PSGarak wrote:
AbsolxGuardian wrote:
The Curious Watcher wrote:
Gul al-Ahlaam wrote:
The text indicates there's a number of other names in their catalogue that aren't up for sale, so presumably they'll update the roster with new names every year or so, like the Incarnadine Robe.

Also, perhaps the equivocation of the coin and the gunpowder with the devilbone die and the scintillack indicates that they're going to be added to the game elsewhere in the future? I know something like this was already done with Flint, where a bunch of little items like stygian ivory and royal blue feathers were added as minor rewards in that story first, then distributed throughout new content over the next few years.
edited by Gul al-Ahlaam on 2/9/2020

One thing I found really interesting was the Justificande Coin, as I only know of one reference to it from a Ambition teaser.
edited by The Curious Watcher on 2/9/2020

I feel like the Justificande Coin might be an item that a Heart's Desire player will have to get to progress, so someone who got if from the trance dream can jump past that step. It shares an icon with First City coins, the poker chips used in the Marvelous. A further connection is that First City coins are gifted in sets of 30, a reference to Judas trading Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. The source and the stamped message "ONE DAY YOU WILL FORGIVE" makes me imagine that it's some kind of religious relic related to Judas' betrayal. If someone has an echo of that option, I'd love to see exactly how the conversation went down. I have no idea how this would work in the Marvellous, but that seems the most likely ambition its related to.

The action that gives the coin: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/17691932
The conclusion of the dream-trance: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/PSGarak/17692170
You were probably expecting something more decisive. I expect the Bishop was as well. Which is why that was not the approach that was taken.

Thank you for the echoes!

--
The Spidery Marchioness/Rogue- or Marquis Aranea Mindfang. All positive social interactions are welcomed, and RP messages appreciated. (I was really into homestuck when I first joined, and so I'm stuck with the name).

My characters: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godslayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (The Silver Tree)
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

3 days ago
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the echoes for Captain Amelia Whetlock's story. I'm not that interested in the compaion herself, so arranging a series of fate gift exchanges doesn't seem worth it for a few storylets. But I'm a Sunless Skies player, so I'm very eager to learn about the Optimistic Godslayer's dear departed captain.

--
The Spidery Marchioness/Rogue- or Marquis Aranea Mindfang. All positive social interactions are welcomed, and RP messages appreciated. (I was really into homestuck when I first joined, and so I'm stuck with the name).

My characters: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godslayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (The Silver Tree)
0 link
Desirée
Desirée

2 days ago
Who is A Countess of Thorns and have we met her somewhere before?
0 link
chiche
chiche

2 days ago
AbsolxGuardian wrote:
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the echoes for Captain Amelia Whetlock's story. I'm not that interested in the compaion herself, so arranging a series of fate gift exchanges doesn't seem worth it for a few storylets. But I'm a Sunless Skies player, so I'm very eager to learn about the Optimistic Godslayer's dear departed captain.

There is his text on my personal page. Coincidentally, I just did not record the text of this funny demon because of a mistake. Thank you for releasing his text.

--
-->Kacher, a headstrong, arbitrary lady
She life is spent in the pursuit of pleasure
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/kacher
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

2 days ago
chiche wrote:
AbsolxGuardian wrote:

There is his text on my personal page. Coincidentally, I just did not record the text of this funny demon because of a mistake. Thank you for releasing his text.

Thank you for the echo. I'm glad that Wetlock at least got one of her dreams fulfilled, in a certain way, what with how the rest of her story ends. And I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by a "funny demon" or "releasing his text."

--

0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

2 days ago
Sorry to ask for another Fate-locked echo so soon, but I just drew the companion card and noticed that the Nacreous Survivor is an option. Again, since I know him well from Sunless Seas, I'd like to be able to see what the story bit is for when you get him.

--

0 link
chiche
chiche

2 days ago
AbsolxGuardian wrote:
chiche wrote:
AbsolxGuardian wrote:

Thank you for the echo. I'm glad that Wetlock at least got one of her dreams fulfilled, in a certain way, what with how the rest of her story ends. And I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by a "funny demon" or "releasing his text."

I also bought crimson captain, but forgot to save his story on the personal page, and I did n’t read the story carefully. I ’m not a ssk player, so I ’m not clear about the captain ’s story. To the point that he may be a devil, I saw a paragraph on your personal page that I suspect was a text description I missed.
edited by chiche on 2/15/2020

--
-->Kacher, a headstrong, arbitrary lady
She life is spent in the pursuit of pleasure
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/kacher
0 link
Rainshine
Rainshine

2 days ago
Does sending a gift and having the recipient reject still work to get it yourself for Fate Gifts over 20?
0 link
Rachel
Rachel

2 days ago
I certainly hope the Justificande Coin isn't required for Heart's Desire. I have no desire to repeat the process of getting to a (currently) top tier career for one, little coin.

--
My profile
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

2 days ago
Rachel wrote:
I certainly hope the Justificande Coin isn't required for Heart's Desire. I have no desire to repeat the process of getting to a (currently) top tier career for one, little coin.

If you need a Justifcande Coin, there will probably be some other process in the Ambition where you can obtain it. This is just for people lucky enough to be playing with the right profession during a limited event.

--

0 link
Pnakotic
Pnakotic

2 days ago
I'm open for both fate and non-fate trades. Some interesting looking new companions this year...

--
J. Ward Dunn, Glassman

Book of All Hours 9:99: Journey's end in lover's meeting. Progress is ascendancy.
0 link
phryne
phryne

2 days ago
Rainshine wrote:
Does sending a gift and having the recipient reject still work to get it yourself for Fate Gifts over 20?
Yes, it does. Did this myself last night so I can absolutely confirm that this still works.

--
Ambition summaries project (work in progress)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+2 link
Rachel
Rachel

2 days ago
AbsolxGuardian wrote:
Rachel wrote:

If you need a Justifcande Coin, there will probably be some other process in the Ambition where you can obtain it. This is just for people lucky enough to be playing with the right profession during a limited event.

I hope you're right, assuming it is needed for Heart's Desire in the first place. We'll find out in April, I guess.

--
My profile
0 link
Lady Strange
Lady Strange

2 days ago
Does anyone have trouble getting the "Encounter at the Feast" card? I have yet to see it for my main, but my alt has been getting it once a day. I've been flipping cards for my main like mad for weeks (due to Ambition Nemesis bat reasons), but no joy so far for "The Feast" festivities or in said ambition (on the plus side, my scraps have gone from 1225 to 1750).

May I know how long the "Encounter at the Feast" card will be around? Will it become a pinned storylet for those of us whom RNG dislikes so passionately?
edited by Lady Strange on 2/15/2020

--
My main, Lady Strange (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lady%20Strange), in the process of stockpiling various items for various purposes, one task at a time. Regrettably not accepting challenges for the Tournament of Lilies.

My Alt, Lord George Mowbray (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lord%20George%20Mowbray), younger son of an impoverished Marquess, proud owner of an Übergoat, ploddingly grinding for cider and other things.
0 link
Brad O'Connell
Brad O'Connell

2 days ago
Happy to exchange random non-fate gifts.
edited by Teleri13 on 2/16/2020

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Teleri

Up for all social actions except suspicious loitering and trailing the affluent photographer, unless you go with the a selfishness option, in which case go for it. May space out requests for menace reduction.
0 link
Raccoonajr
Raccoonajr

2 days ago
Lady Strange wrote:
Does anyone have trouble getting the "Encounter at the Feast" card? I have yet to see it for my main, but my alt has been getting it once a day. I've been flipping cards for my main like mad for weeks (due to Ambition Nemesis bat reasons), but no joy so far for "The Feast" festivities or in said ambition (on the plus side, my scraps have gone from 1225 to 1750).

May I know how long the "Encounter at the Feast" card will be around? Will it become a pinned storylet for those of us whom RNG dislikes so passionately?

I’ve got the Encounter but the Lady in Lilac is snubbing me. Here’s hoping the RNG starts to smile on us soon. And good luck with your bat!

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Raccoonajr
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

2 days ago
Raccoonajr wrote:
Lady Strange wrote:

I’ve got the Encounter but the Lady in Lilac is snubbing me. Here’s hoping the RNG starts to smile on us soon. And good luck with your bat!

I'm with you. I've had the Encounter at least twice now, but have yet to see Lilac.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

2 days ago
I drew Lilac when I still had maxed out masqueing. I've only drawn one Encounter card, I would like to draw more soon.

--

0 link
Lady Strange
Lady Strange

2 days ago
Many thanks to those who responded. Thank you also for the kind words regarding the elusive bat. Let's keep fingers and toes crossed for RNG's favour.

--
My main, Lady Strange (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lady%20Strange), in the process of stockpiling various items for various purposes, one task at a time. Regrettably not accepting challenges for the Tournament of Lilies.

My Alt, Lord George Mowbray (https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Lord%20George%20Mowbray), younger son of an impoverished Marquess, proud owner of an Übergoat, ploddingly grinding for cider and other things.
0 link
Rachel
Rachel

1 days ago
Wish I could send the Encounter and Lilac cards to some of the folks here. They keep cropping up for me.

--
My profile
0 link