Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Weekly Fallen London Questions, 13/01/2020 Messages in this topic - RSS

Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

12 days ago
So, who here's beat their habit of writing "2019" at the end of dates already? I'm getting there - I'll probably have it down by October!

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+2 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

12 days ago
Caroline has several longboxes, and is in the process of saving up her money best she can. It is better for money to sell them outright, or sell them at Wolfstack and use the favors for Expeditions?

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, The Moral Hedonist (Description)
Infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
Paramount Presence, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Poet Laureate of the Neath, Ambassador to Arbor
0 link
chiche
chiche

12 days ago
Will my "Noman Knows" attribute reset as Noman disappears? My Noman has devoured all my non-important Quirks, and I am hesitating whether to pause Noman's story.

--
-->Kacher, a headstrong, arbitrary lady
She life is spent in the pursuit of pleasure
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/kacher
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

11 days ago
chiche wrote:
Will my "Noman Knows" attribute reset as Noman disappears? My Noman has devoured all my non-important Quirks, and I am hesitating whether to pause Noman's story.

Your Noman Knows quality will only reset if your Noman melts entirely.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
xKiv
xKiv

11 days ago
Lady Karnstein wrote:
Caroline has several longboxes, and is in the process of saving up her money best she can. It is better for money to sell them outright, or sell them at Wolfstack and use the favors for Expeditions?

A longbox sells for 25 identity uncovereds. That's 62.5 echoes.
The other option spends an action to get 50 echoes an 3 dock favours.
I guesstimate each dock favour to "cost" me roughly 1 action.
So, assuming I am grinding expeditions repeatedly, the comparison is between
1) get 12.5e, spend 3 actions
2) spend 1 action
One way to look at this is that 1 is 5.25epa over 2 actions, 2 is 0epa over 1 action (on top of any other gains you are getting either way), which paints 1 as significantly better.
Another way is, your main grind (expeditions?) has some sustained epa X (that you can maintain without using any limited resources), and you compare what your options give you above that. 1 is 12.5-3X, 2 is -X.
1 is better than 2 when 12.5-3X>-X <=> 12.5>2X <=> X < 6.25.
Sell at docks unless your normal money grind is 6.25epa or better.
(or pad to the same amount of actions (3) and also compare totals: 1 is 12.5, 2 is 0+2*X ; this also leads to 12.5 > 2X)

--
https://www.fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/xKiv - a witchful, percussive, dangermous and shadowry scholar of coexplodence, hopsidirean, and walker of fallen kitties.
+1 link
the old man
the old man

11 days ago
Diptych wrote:
So, who here's beat their habit of writing "2019" at the end of dates already? I'm getting there - I'll probably have it down by October!

still on 2018

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
+3 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

9 days ago
I'm in urgent need of some Warm Amber! What's the best way to find some ASAP?

[edit] never mind, found done by opening bundles of oddities
edited by Amalgamate on 1/17/2020
edited by Amalgamate on 1/17/2020

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/amalgamate

Social invitations of all kinds welcome, especially games of chess and deadly sparring!

Also happy to help with nightmares, send sips of Cider, and plant battle.
0 link
Rainshine
Rainshine

9 days ago
Cashouts that reward CP: I recall that some of the early questlines had nice cashouts, that when you could pick up enough CP for three or four full advancements in a stat. I'm in the modified 70s for Shadowy (I'm a bit annoyed at the Shadowy grind, it dropped my alt into the Flit at 30) and I'm getting about 1.6/action, which is going to take a while to make the 30 points for PoSI. Doing Paintings for the Topsy King. Any better options, or am I stuck waiting out 1300 actions?
0 link
Lord Garuda
Lord Garuda

9 days ago
Rainshine wrote:
Cashouts that reward CP: I recall that some of the early questlines had nice cashouts, that when you could pick up enough CP for three or four full advancements in a stat. I'm in the modified 70s for Shadowy (I'm a bit annoyed at the Shadowy grind, it dropped my alt into the Flit at 30) and I'm getting about 1.6/action, which is going to take a while to make the 30 points for PoSI. Doing Paintings for the Topsy King. Any better options, or am I stuck waiting out 1300 actions?

You might have already been doing this, but do you sell information? You can find the prompt under Choose your target or Preparing for a Big Score, and you can trade 10 CP of Casing for 10 CP of Shadowy by using Pass on information to a colleague. If you're near another level, you can steal paintings until you get 4 Levels of Casing and then cash them in.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Cora%20Seacoale - Formerly an Author, now a Notary working towards her Heart's Desire.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Ronald%20Valente - A Rat-Catcher hunting the most dangerous prey.
0 link
Rainshine
Rainshine

8 days ago
Lord Garuda wrote:

You might have already been doing this, but do you sell information? You can find the prompt under Choose your target or Preparing for a Big Score, and you can trade 10 CP of Casing for 10 CP of Shadowy by using Pass on information to a colleague. If you're near another level, you can steal paintings until you get 4 Levels of Casing and then cash them in.

I was not, I forgot I had seen that, thank you. That will, at least, be a significant increase in rate of points, although I think I'll pool the casing for the last part, as to try to keep at chancy for the 3 cp on success for the paintings instead of two. Ideally, that would double the payout for the successful ones, I think.
+1 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

8 days ago
Do we know anything about Ambition rewards? Is there any? Can we keep it after switching ambition?

I rather pay fate and enjoy all ambitions on one character than have to raise 3 alts and leave FBG with no money.
edited by Waterpls on 1/18/2020

--
Long grinds: Heptagoat 1/7; Cider Done; Correspondence 21/21; Paramount 4/4.
+1 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

8 days ago
Waterpls wrote:
Do we know anything about Ambition rewards? Is there any? Can we keep it after switching ambition?

I rather pay fate and enjoy all ambitions on one character than have to raise 3 alts and leave FBG with no money.
edited by Waterpls on 1/18/2020

We don't know yet - none of the Ambitions have fully released yet. Expect to know in about 2-3 weeks when the last portions of Nemesis are all released.

--

Social invitations of all kinds welcome, especially games of chess and deadly sparring!

+1 link
phryne
phryne

7 days ago
Where can I see who my character is married to? Whaaaaa?

I have an alt who seems to be married to another PC but I can't remember who and rummaging around the Myself tab hasn't helped so far.

It used to be you just had to hover over the image of the wedding ring under Spouse on your Profile and the hover text would show the account name of the spouse. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to be the case.

--
Ambition summaries project (work in progress)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

7 days ago
phryne wrote:
Where can I see who my character is married to? Whaaaaa?

I have an alt who seems to be married to another PC but I can't remember who and rummaging around the Myself tab hasn't helped so far.

It used to be you just had to hover over the image of the wedding ring under Spouse on your Profile and the hover text would show the account name of the spouse. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to be the case.
I also remember being able to do this, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

You could try the spouse-exclusive social actions under "Attend to Matters of the Heart!" If they're in London, their name should show up. If they aren't, they should be the only character without [needs qualities!] beside their name.

--
Azoth I, the Emissary of Cardinals - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
0 link
phryne
phryne

7 days ago
Oh, I should've thought about the social actions! That did clear the matter indeed. Thank you!

--
Ambition summaries project (work in progress)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+1 link
Ixc
Ixc

7 days ago
About a week or two ago, someone was posting to ask for donations of First City Coins for a (if I remember correctly) costly venture. Does anybody have a link to that forum post?

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

7 days ago
Ixc wrote:
About a week or two ago, someone was posting to ask for donations of First City Coins for a (if I remember correctly) costly venture. Does anybody have a link to that forum post?
That would be Siegron's project of Mr Tears.

--
Azoth I, the Emissary of Cardinals - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Hesperidean.
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

6 days ago
Thank you. Many coins shall be sent.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
+1 link
Daedalus_Falk
Daedalus_Falk

6 days ago
Has the site stopped working on Firefox for anyone else? I know there's sometimes server load, but it seems like every time I've logged in for the last couple of days it's been so slow it's nearly unplayable - but when I switched to Chrome, it works at least sometimes (although it's slow and unstable)

Anyone else having the same issue?

EDIT: For what it's worth, the Firefox issue has been happening for the past 3-4 days.
edited by Daedalus_Falk on 1/21/2020

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Daedalus_Falk

----

For I was hungry, and you gave me rats. I was thirsty, and you gave me rats. I was naked, and you gave me rats. The rodents were gathered together, the cats slept in the Sun’s blindness, and the rats rose like the Moon, in the light at the edge of the cheese.
0 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

6 days ago
Yep, me too. Site usually not loading in firefox or safari. It was working fine the last few days for me, but right now it's down.

--

+1 link