Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Make a dish! Messages in this topic - RSS

Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

18 days ago
In honor of the most recent ES, I wanted to start a thread all about food. Tell me about dishes, food trends, stalls or even fancy resutrants one can find exploring London's culinary side.
I'm going to make one. A shop based on my very specific interests.
Candice's Candied Candles (previously just Candice's Candles.) is a shop in the heart of recent fad. Edible candles. It first started with a shipment of sheep fat candles from the surface, causing poor newcomers to melt them down for a taste of the surface. Now it boasts animal fat candles of all sorts f surface tastes - pig, cow, duck, hippo. . . Of course, for those with less coin to spend, there are candles from zee-creatures, or beasts hunted from the marsh. For those with a sweet tooth - wax from the neaths and surface bees, holding crystalline honey just below the surface. Fruits preserved in wax. The Bishop of Fiacre personally ensures that he gets to taste Candice's latest creation.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
+2 link
the old man
the old man

18 days ago
the forgotten delight, everything is draped in irrigo your meal your conversation your company all forgotten. However the menus are covered in violant and coded, ensuring you know what you have eaten, even if you don't know what it looks like. Those more immune to irrigo regard the restaurant as having a Vienna like feel, with so many memory's of the surface as to make it feel like the surface. No one knows the chief or the cost of the dishes.

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
+2 link
phryne
phryne

18 days ago
I once wrote a little role-play post about a very special restaurant, The Preying Mantis.

Re-posting it here:

"There's this new restaurant in Evisceration Lane, The Preying Mantis, you must've heard of it? Every food they serve is poisoned, so all the customers die - guaranteed! You get a refund if you don't die. The chef there is a former assassin of the Gracious Widow, he's well-versed in the use of all known poisons, and invents new ones all the time. So you never know excactly how you're going to die! Will it be fast or slow? Very painful or not at all? Will you have funny visions and hallucinations before you go? Or will your skin turn an interesting colour? It's so exciting, I've been there every single evening this past week--- no, wait: I've missed out on Wednesday because I was still dead from Tuesday's dinner. That happens sometimes, but they have a special room with cozy death-beds for cases of more prolonged death. If you've got the coin, you can even arrange homeward transportation of your corpse with the staff there in advance. Really, the place is fabulous!"

---
edited by phryne on 1/9/2020

--
Ambition summaries project (work in progress)
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+4 link
Siankan
Siankan

18 days ago
Professor Kan's chef knows one particularly delightful little dish, but I think I will hold off on the details for just a little while. Stay tuned to the end of the Ball thread.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Thanos Black
Thanos Black

16 days ago
Siankan wrote:
Professor Kan's chef knows one particularly delightful little dish, but I think I will hold off on the details for just a little while. Stay tuned to the end of the Ball thread.

Oh, professor, you are teasing your guests so! What have you in store for us?!?!

--
Investigator, Scholar of the Correspondence, friend to all outcasts.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Thanos%20Black
0 link