Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Fallen London is 10: Birthday Gifts Messages in this topic - RSS

Optimatum
Optimatum

16 days ago
Catherine Raymond wrote:
Jolanda Swan wrote:
So there are 4 codes in total? A +2BDR among them?
(Of course they don't work on Mozilla for me. I know there are no foxes in Fallen London, save the one, but this vendetta is getting ridiculous).

Yes, and the +2 BDR (it's Respectable, by the way) is handy because none of the other Home Comfort items I'm aware of give more than +1 BDR.

There actually are a couple other +2 BDR Home Comforts now! The Ceremony gave us the first ones last year. This however is the first one available for free.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

16 days ago
Happy birthday Fallen London!! And thank you Failbetter for creating such a playful and atmospherically perfect and inclusive game. Thank you for being so generous with free content and regularly adding more free content. Thank you for having a such a helpful support staff. Thank you for building a place I love to explore and for building a place where I’ve found wonderful friends to roleplay with (I’ve done so much creative writing based on Fallen London!). Thank you for being wonderful.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+4 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

15 days ago
I must second Lady Byron. Happy Birthday to this fun, always fascinating game.

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, The Moral Hedonist (Description)
Infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert.
Paramount Presence, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Poet Laureate of the Neath, Ambassador to Arbor
0 link
Nonomori
Nonomori

15 days ago
Today is the Day!

Happy Birthday Failbetter! And thank you, thank you, thank you for London.

--
Vahniel
+1 link
Waterpls
Waterpls

15 days ago
http://www.failbettergames.com/fallen-london-is-10/

--
Long grinds: Heptagoat 1/7; Cider Done; Correspondence 21/21; Paramount 4/4.
+1 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

15 days ago
phryne wrote:
Catherine Raymond wrote:
But you've reassured me as to the state of my memory--I *thought* I'd been playing since sometime in 2009, but everyone seems to be counting the anniversary from 2010 so I wasn't sure.
The 2009/2010 thing confused me initially, too, until I realized that we're celebrating Failbetter's anniversary, of course, not Fallen London's.

Fallen London - the game - was put online in late 2009, but Failbetter Games - the company - went public on 11 Jan 2010.

Quite right - we were registered as a company on 11 Jan, 2010. Fallen London's exact go-live date in a format that could be said to be sufficiently similar to its current iteration is a bit murky, so we went with a nice, provable, publicly registered birthday. smile

Happy birthday to us!

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

15 days ago
Hannah Flynn wrote:
Happy birthday to us!

Happy birthday to you!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
mp
mp

15 days ago
A likely identity of the redacted word:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/mp
+5 link
Vega
Vega

14 days ago
My first echo is dated 28 September, 1889, when it was still called Echo Bazaar and the only login was through Twitter.

I'm still astonished that I'm counted amongst the older members; although I took a long 6-year hiatus from FL because I reached content boundary. I came back only 2 years ago with a new character, and finally sent that original, old character NORTH.

Some things I remember from 'back in the day'...

• Social actions intimidated me greatly, so I played FL strictly "singleplayer". I only got into social actions when I returned from hiatus.
  • There was a time when inventory was much, much more limited. Many common inventory items hadn't been implemented; no categories like 'Nostalgia' or 'Elder'; no side-conversions or up-conversions. So the game economy was completely different and more simplistic back then. I had a note somewhere that in "Mr Wines is holding a sale!" opportunity card, you bought a mystery box for 200 Jade Fragments instead of one Touching Love Story. It was very exciting to see all those new items and categories appear.
  • Getting a 'River in a Box' in my inventory. I never learnt about what it signified, until I came back from hiatus and found the blog post. These quirky fourth-wall-breaking puzzles between Failbetter and the fanbase were a feature of Alexis Kennedy's time here.
  • Originally having only one candle of 10 actions to work with; Exceptional Friendship added the second candle for 20 actions. It's great that candle heights have been doubled now!
  • I have the story quality, "A Veteran of Mr Sacks' Visits 3 - A Veteran of the Visit of 1890". So I was around for Sacksmas 1890 and Feast of the Exceptional Rose 1891. I believe 1891 was the first Feast?
  • I went on hiatus shortly before Exceptional Stories were introduced to EFship.

I even unearthed an alt I'd forgotten about, who like Vegalivia was a participant in Knife-and-Candle -- although I never really played it as social actions intimidated me then.

Thanks for the fantastic stories over the years, and for being such an enduringly fun game!

---
edited by Vega on 1/12/2020

--
The Jaunty Mystic, Taranlei, roams the streets of London, interviewing fellow citizens. Member of the Sanguine Ribbon Society and the Temple Club (happy to send invites). Accepting all Acquaintances, lethal duels, social interactions, and opportunities for casual roleplay.

The Shifty Spectre has departed on the final voyage. "I have gone down, down, my love..."
+5 link
Josiah Thimblerig
Josiah Thimblerig

14 days ago
And it's Happy Birthday from me! I seem to have been here for seven years with a few gaps, long enough that I can remember when the second candle was added. A lot of the people that were old hands when I joined seem to have fallen by the wayside.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Josiah%20Thimblerig
+1 link