Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Cintamani Ball Messages in this topic - RSS

Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

20 days ago
"Of course, this raises some more questions. Mostly about the nature of angels, and devils, and fair folks. They all seem to be very different from each, despite claims they have an original base source. For one, the Fair Folk seem far more at home in nature then I've ever seen of a devil lost on a picnic."

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

19 days ago
During the exchange about the Sidhe, Tadhg has been quietly grimacing (though he does a fair job of concealing it).

"Whatever the folk might be, they are certainly not soul merchants, and wherever you go by stepping into a fairy ring it is certainly not here. And I wouldn't say they were feared, my lady, so much as respected. A tiger might be a useful friend, but not one you'd joke with, and not one you'd visit unannounced at three in the morning. The fair folk are like that: powerful, often helpful, but wild and unpredictable and quick to take offense. My Nan might call them 'tricksy', but I suspect it's more that the humans never know the rules, and bumble around like a drunk teamster at a Society ball. And of course there's no quicker way to anger them than arrogance or injustice. They're not unlike the Furies in that respect." As he says this last, he darts a quick, speculative glance at Dirae Erinyes.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

19 days ago
Dirae Erinyes gives a grin. "Aye. One can't live in Scotland without learning how to properly care for a brownie and boggart. Fair in their dealings if one comes with respect. Much like the furies." Evensong is silent, watching the Marchoiness and Tadhg. Someone watching underneath the table might see a stray hand dart down, taking careful notes in a concealed book, without it's owner having to look down.
OOC: I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that very on the nose name.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
Preacher Tzara
Preacher Tzara

18 days ago
Then the good Preacher awoke.

He had fallen asleep- no, not asleep, but lulled- right before the old man took a dive. He wawed at him, with a certain apathy. Perhaps, had he been completely awake, he would Have joined him. But, no. It would be better to wait.

And now he stayed quiet, adrift in a sea of toughts. There was a hunger, yes, creeping up slowly in his bones. Right now, he half saw an hungarian, dressed in cosmogone. The good Preacher barely payed attention to the main course. That Haydn has only lulled him more, and, that hungarian, he...

The moon. The profesor has looked at the moon, worried. Was something wrong? Why was he so slow in actions?

The good Preacher stirred awake. He tried to gather his toughts while half-mindedly paying attention to the dish. They were talking about...the Fae? Angels?

- "Pardon me if I interrupt this interesting conversation- he purred- but, you were discussing the Fae and, hum, angels? I do not mean to get all Southwark on you, but, it would seem quite a slight to compare them or suggest some sort of equality between the proven existence of the Infernal Host and the faith in our Lord with some mythological creatures when a man of the cloth is nearby? I mean, I am open to a multitudes of interpretations and influence of the religious- he glanced at the iddé in his left hand- but, that does adquire a certain type of... theological bend that tempts one to go: Heresy! HERESY! Do you suggest that the existence of the Fae is proven or, indeed, an actual possibility?

Oh, and, professor, is there something wrong with the time? Or the moon?"

[OOC: Sorry, y'all, for taking so long to come back to this. This last week has been...hard]

--
Preacher Tzara: A curious storyteller wrapped in smoke and candlelight. A Journalist of some dubious skill. We began with the river, remember?
0 link
the old man
the old man

18 days ago
Preacher Tzara wrote:

[OOC: Sorry, y'all, for taking so long to come back to this. This last week has been...hard]

(the old man is not here but can I say its fine, real life gets in the way and no one would blame you for it)

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

15 days ago
"Well it's my understanding," The Spider Marchioness said to the Preacher, noticing that Parabola had just granted him his senses back, "that this isn't a serious conversation. I thought it was just a speculative conversation similar to the discussions you'll find about literature in the more refined Bohemian circles. I certainly don't believe in any of it."

"As for our differing interpretations of faires," The Marchioness said to Tadhg, making a point to not refer to them with a euphemism to prove her previous statement, "There is very little difference between fear and respect. You can have respect without fear, but if you're afraid of something- well I'd have to say, that it is a form of respect."

"But your comparison to tigers? That's a very astute one. I think the kind of mixture of barbarism and law the Court of the Wakeful Eye has is a good way to describe the fae. They'll hunt with joy any human that strays past the boundaries of Port Carnelian, but if you don't violate their territorial rights, you could even take tea with them."

--
The Spidery Marchioness, or Marquis Aranea Mindfang: Main, POSI.

The Adrift Vaquero: Alt, Light Fingers. Interested in Patrons.

All positive social interactions are welcomed, including letters. Roleplaying is appreciated and will be responded to. Any menace reductions will be reciprocated in kind as soon as I can get to it. Both characters are currently accepting calling cards.

Character Descriptions: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London; Main) | The Adrift Vaquero (Fallen London; Light Fingers alt) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godlsayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (Silver Tree)
0 link
Ixc
Ixc

14 days ago
Preacher Tzara wrote:
-
"Pardon me if I interrupt this interesting conversation- he purred- but, you were discussing the Fae and, hum, angels? I do not mean to get all Southwark on you, but, it would seem quite a slight to compare them or suggest some sort of equality between the proven existence of the Infernal Host and the faith in our Lord with some mythological creatures when a man of the cloth is nearby? I mean, I am open to a multitudes of interpretations and influence of the religious- he glanced at the iddé in his left hand- but, that does adquire a certain type of... theological bend that tempts one to go: Heresy! HERESY! Do you suggest that the existence of the Fae is proven or, indeed, an actual possibility?

Curiously, Nora's voice pipes up. "To give my two pennies, I believe it's possible. After all, we live in the Neath, with all its strangeness. We have fish bigger than ships, faceless men (and women), snakes... I don't think it's so far fetched that fairies may be possible, if not confirmed. After all, some say this is the laboratory, or according to the more blasphemous, the blind spot, of the divine."

[OOC: sorry to headbutt into the conversation. As for long absences, real life is always hard, but even harder right now, so no worries.]

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

13 days ago
OOC: We all understand having a hard week.
Evensong nods to Nora. "Being Neath born, I must say thethe surface is a place of wonders. And that if the Neath is a blind spot or laboratory, could it be the only one? There are many strange stories from the surface that find reflection down here - maybe the neath isn't the only odd place." Evensong's tone remains entirely serious.
Dirae Erinyes beams with pride as Evensong frames her questions. "As a correspondent, I must question anything and everything. Fairies are as good a thing to question as gravity or the color blue."

--
0 link
Thanos Black
Thanos Black

13 days ago
From across the table, Thanos Black had been listening intently to the conversation. What had started off as simple story-telling for the edification of the mind, had passed through the realms of mythology (another favorite subject of his) and landed abruptly in the heavily-edited and much-abused (in London for sure) field of theology.

"If I may be so bold as to interject" he says "I find the Lady Evensong's point to be accurate. Having only recently come to the Neath myself, I do find oddness and wonder here of course, but I also find that, despite it being brought here from the Surface, London is rather in a fitting place. Who's to say that the cities that find themselves here are not the odd ones of the Surface, brought here merely so that they could better fit in with their surroundings? I wonder whether London graced its previous position on the Surface as neatly as it does the shores of the Unterzee. There are certainly odd places in the Surface too, and some of them possibly find their way down here eventually."

--
Avid Collector of Multifarious Paraphernalia and all Manner of Things Useless, Unwanted and Unnecessary.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Thanos%20Black
0 link