Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Cintamani Ball Messages in this topic - RSS

AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

5 days ago
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:

Evensong, face still placid, plays a double move. First she attacked the king and Queen.. The Queen with a lover, the king with past glories. She then crowns one of her khans, defended by horseman. "All stories that zailors tell have truth. Often ones that would be a shock to them, but truth none of the less. I've spent my far time at zee - my spouse has a submarine that stayed too long at Polythreme. I'm sure you have heard it signing at the docks. I really wish the drownies and zailors would stop competing to teach it the worst songs they know." Evnesong frowns. "I'm not sure I would called the Elder continent a pleasure but it has fond place in my heart. However, I would take the presyberate's boosts with a grain of zalt. Ruling for hundreds of years or just for a day can be equally easy here. Time is not the same here as the surface. I've learned a bit of how time works there."

"I have heard the zubmarine singing down at the docks. I suppose I must apologize, I had to pull my head engineer away one day for teaching the vessel dirty songs himself. Of course, he wasn't head engineer for much longer," the Spidery Marchioness replied as she discarded her crowned King, his Queen, and all the cards attached to them. That was quiet the move, hopefully her own next hand would be good.

"I have also noticed the strangeness of time around here. This may not be something someone who has been in the Neath longer would notice, but a few months after my arrival, something felt...different about the time. Things were always weird, but I'm not sure how much of that was adapting to the lack of natural light and how much is the Neath itself. So I believe you that it may even be worse in the Elder Continent."

The Marchioness punctuated her statement by placing a variety of cards onto the field: A knight/horse for herself, a dagger, a general, and a prince. She then plays an Inquisitor, letting her remove the heretical priest that afflicted one of her kings.

--
The Spidery Marchioness/Rogue- or Marquis Aranea Mindfang. All positive social interactions are welcomed, and RP messages appreciated. (I was really into homestuck when I first joined, and so I'm stuck with the name).

My characters: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godslayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (The Silver Tree)
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

4 days ago
AbsolxGuardian wrote:

"I have also noticed the strangeness of time around here. This may not be something someone who has been in the Neath longer would notice, but a few months after my arrival, something felt...different about the time. Things were always weird, but I'm not sure how much of that was adapting to the lack of natural light and how much is the Neath itself. So I believe you that it may even be worse in the Elder Continent."

The Marchioness punctuated her statement by placing a variety of cards onto the field: A knight/horse for herself, a dagger, a general, and a prince. She then plays an Inquisitor, letting her remove the heretical priest that afflicted one of her kings.

Evensong's frowns, as she draws her hand. As dictated by kingdom rules, she must play the mirror as soon as she draws it. The rest of her cards: crown, coin, and tiger have their meanings altered and reversed as the rules dictate. What this means is is ambigious, leaving Envesong staring down at the mess in front of her.

"Have you ever been to the Iron Republic?"

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
the old man
the old man

4 days ago
the old man ambles over to thanos pipe in mouth "well it seems my good man we are once more in exile, tell how go your researches I fear my quest to laureateship have precluded me from inquiring earlier."

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Thanos Black
Thanos Black

3 days ago
the old man wrote:
the old man ambles over to thanos pipe in mouth "well it seems my good man we are once more in exile, tell how go your researches I fear my quest to laureateship have precluded me from inquiring earlier."

"My researches into the Correspondence had been going well... well enough to give me a decent amount of trouble sleeping" he answers candidly "and I have since managed to publish a few works on the subject, with a decent amount of success. I then decided I needed a small break from it all, and I turned to more lighthearted matters. A bit of romance, some fiction writing (with less success than my scientific work, I fear), and other, more... clandestine, shall we say, pursuits." He smiles, fondly reminiscing his latest feat.

--
Investigator, Scholar of the Correspondence, friend to all outcasts.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Thanos%20Black
0 link
the old man
the old man

3 days ago
Thanos Black wrote:

"My researches into the Correspondence had been going well... well enough to give me a decent amount of trouble sleeping" he answers candidly "and I have since managed to publish a few works on the subject, with a decent amount of success. I then decided I needed a small break from it all, and I turned to more lighthearted matters. A bit of romance, some fiction writing (with less success than my scientific work, I fear), and other, more... clandestine, shall we say, pursuits." He smiles, fondly reminiscing his latest feat.

"sounds like you've been spending your time better than I, just trying to convince the b---ders at court I'm a genius. As for your "pursuits" I know well enough not to ask." The old man gives a grin. "Now where in gods name was that preacher, good enough conversation for an ecclesiastical."

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

3 days ago
7:30 In a display of bravado, a young man whips off his mask and hands it to his dancing partner. A moment later, a soft feminine paw clamps onto his shoulder, while another replaces the mask with a sugar-pink, fur-trimmed domino. "Enjoy the ball," Balkis chuffs.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
the old man
the old man

3 days ago
Siankan wrote:
7:30 In a display of bravado, a young man whips off his mask and hands it to his dancing partner. A moment later, a soft feminine paw clamps onto his shoulder, while another replaces the mask with a sugar-pink, fur-trimmed domino. "Enjoy the ball," Balkis chuffs.

the old man politely applauds but at who is not clear

--
0 link
Thanos Black
Thanos Black

3 days ago
the old man wrote:
"sounds like you've been spending your time better than I, just trying to convince the b---ders at court I'm a genius. As for your "pursuits" I know well enough not to ask." The old man gives a grin. "Now where in gods name was that preacher, good enough conversation for an ecclesiastical."

"He was here a few minutes ago, dancing a rather sensational dance. An interesting man, this hell-affiliated clergyman. I admit, when first he arrived, I felt unease, perhaps because, while I do try to maintain good relations with all walks of life, I currently find myself in much better terms with hell than with heaven." Looking at the young man's crestfallen expression as the tiger gives him the extravagant mask, he chuckles politely, and then his eyes follow Balkis, as she returns to her place at the parlor. "I wonder how little effort would this tiger require to swipe my head off..." he speaks to himself in a low voice, hardly realising he is actually talking out loud.

--
Investigator, Scholar of the Correspondence, friend to all outcasts.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Thanos%20Black
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

3 days ago
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:

Evensong's frowns, as she draws her hand. As dictated by kingdom rules, she must play the mirror as soon as she draws it. The rest of her cards: crown, coin, and tiger have their meanings altered and reversed as the rules dictate. What this means is is ambigious, leaving Envesong staring down at the mess in front of her.

"Have you ever been to the Iron Republic?"

A b____y Mirror! Why did she ever agree to kingdom rules? Mirrors don't just shake up the game, but the rules have decided to be ambiguous about what "reversed meanings" even entail for most of the cards. It was generally accepted that it meant that the Marchioness just discarded a card that could assist her. Now only the jester could help her, while the remaining adviser would only hurt.

The Marchioness responds to Evensong's question while her opponent tries to figure out how the rest of her turn would play out.

"I've never been there myself," the Marchioness made a point to finger her Brass Ring while she talked. "I don't partially want to go there, although business may soon send me that way. I've heard the most horrifying stories from there. The idea that natural laws could simply be made or unmade. That shouldn't be how things are. The Neath has its own laws, different from the Surface, but they are there none the less. And they're the same each day. But the idea that natural laws can be made by a being's decisions and the stroke of a pen like any other law..." The Spidery Marchioness breaks off.

"I can assure you most devils are not anarchists. Their ways may be strange to us and their nobility overthrown, but they can be known. In fact, they're quite similar to the French that way."

--
The Spidery Marchioness/Rogue- or Marquis Aranea Mindfang. All positive social interactions are welcomed, and RP messages appreciated. (I was really into homestuck when I first joined, and so I'm stuck with the name).

My characters: The Spidery Marchioness (Fallen London) | The Revolutionary Zailor (Sunless Seas) | The Optimistic Godslayer (Sunless Skies) | The Antiquated Scholar (The Silver Tree)
+2 link