Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

The Cintamani Ball Messages in this topic - RSS

Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

12/19/2019
the old man wrote:
the old man looks at his watch "is it that time already?" he goes to a deserted part of the room and he pulls out a large contraption from his waist coat, which seems to be holding ladunum? and stabs himself in the chest with it. He exhales loudly hoping the rubbery choir distracts from his action and goes off to re join the party

There is a discreet tap on the old man's shoulders from the tall Dirae Erinyes while Evensong continues to watch. "Excuse me, but we seem to be kindreds in our health issues."

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
the old man
the old man

12/19/2019
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:

There is a discreet tap on the old man's shoulders from the tall Dirae Erinyes while Evensong continues to watch. "Excuse me, but we seem to be kindreds in our health issues."

the old man looks startled for a second until relaxing "yes I got bit by a parabola snake in a very unfortunate encounter it put me in these bandages. This is to stop its offspring crawling out my eyes. It also helps with the nightmares though for that I mainly use an irrigo handkerchief before bed, and you my friend I suspect you ailments are less greaves than a colonist though I may be wrong, you have the look of a man whose seen and done much". The old man smiles "I suspect we have much in common I believe it was you I saw while scouting out the house" the old man produces a drink from his waistcoat and offers it.

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

12/19/2019
Dirae Erinyes takes a vigorous swig of the drink provided, handing it back with gracious nod. "I've seen enough to tell you need to go deal with the tiger keeper. They might be a bloody pain to bargain with, but they have plants that grow in their jungle that help with parabola snakes - if you don't mind a little poison. My wife has made me swear off of Irrigo except for special occasions, so I've been experimenting with various mushroom teas."
(For the mess that is Dirae Erinyes body, consult here
the old man wrote:
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:
https://community.failbettergames.com/topic9363-your-characters-appearances.aspx?Page=5)

the old man looks startled for a second until relaxing "yes I got bit by a parabola snake in a very unfortunate encounter it put me in these bandages. This is to stop its offspring crawling out my eyes. It also helps with the nightmares though for that I mainly use an irrigo handkerchief before bed, and you my friend I suspect you ailments are less greaves than a colonist though I may be wrong, you have the look of a man whose seen and done much". The old man smiles "I suspect we have much in common I believe it was you I saw while scouting out the house" the old man produces a drink from his waistcoat and offers it.

--
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Dirae%20Erinyes. Closed to calling cards, but open for all other social action. I also love to roleplay.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/19/2019
Jolanda knocks on the door quietly; having to slip out quickly, she sincerely hopes nobody noticed her absence. Thankfully, she kept the lacre away from her feathery cape.

(Apologies. I was travelling for a conference and wasn't able to play for three days).

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Lord Gazter
Lord Gazter

12/19/2019
As the wurbling goes on Lord Gazter steps over to his domino masked companion, who has found a place for themselves on the periphery of the ball. He informs them of something and motions over to somewhere in the assembled gathering. The domino masked individual nods and continues to remain at their post as Lord Gazter joins with the others to if not enjoy at least partake in the event.

--
Lord Gazter: a charming gentleman of noble birth and a person of significant influence.

Victoria Crow: a spirited la.. young woman and freshly anointed firebrand.

Get a copy of the Phlegethonian Gazette for pertinent and trustworthy news! Only ten pence!
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

12/19/2019
Unexpectedly, C. feels a tap on her shoulder. Behind her is a young man, barely out of boyhood really, carrying several of the largest feathers she had ever seen. And boldly colored in violant, to boot! Before C. can say anything, he thrusts the feathers into her hands and loses herself in the crowd of revellers.

"Thank you...!" C. calls, though no one is there any longer.

C. settles the feathers in her hair, confident that she would no longer be overlooked for long.
edited by cathyr19355 on 12/20/2019

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

12/19/2019
Iris Sims wrote:
Iris follows her gaze and notices the stain for the first time. "I thought I got it all off." She pours a bit of red wine on it in hopes of at least disguising the stain. "Knife-and-Candle players. Ambushes never end in their favour, try as they might."

Lady Byron arches an eyebrow in surprised curiosity. "K and C? I did not know that was still played. Not that is was ever played, mind, or that I would know about it if it was. But be that as it may, it seems like you know how to handle yourself," she observes approvingly.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

12/20/2019
Siankan wrote:
Very, very quietly, Sian responds, "I won't go into details here. However, I will tell you that it is neither from the Surface nor the mirrors, and the good bishop is pleased. Well, reasonably pleased."

August nods understanding, before proceeding to look at the Rubbery Chorus, whilst he still wasn't able to properly hold a conversation with them, he wasn't against trying and sympathised a bit with them, they were and are after all tragic beings.

August looks around the room for a potential dance partner as he spots an old friend and one of the guests of note, Jolanda Swan. He casually strolls up to her. "Jolanda, what a pleasure to see you here, would you care for a dance?" He asked as the Rubbery Chorus played their music.

--
Honeyaddict, Silverer Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence of the Old Regime
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola. Update: a Basecamp has been completed, now to win back the Viric Jungle in order to build the Church itself!

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

12/20/2019
"Jolanda!" Sian's mask hides his face, but some smiles are audible. "Splendid that you're here tonight! And in good time, too. There'll be dancing soon, but you've still time to fill out a dance card. Just remember to save a spot on it for me."

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+2 link
the old man
the old man

12/20/2019
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:
Dirae Erinyes takes a vigorous swig of the drink provided, handing it back with gracious nod. "I've seen enough to tell you need to go deal with the tiger keeper. They might be a bloody pain to bargain with, but they have plants that grow in their jungle that help with parabola snakes - if you don't mind a little poison. My wife has made me swear off of Irrigo except for special occasions, so I've been experimenting with various mushroom teas."

I tried that this is what they recommended one is curable ten not so much

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/20/2019
Siankan wrote:
"Jolanda!" Sian's mask hides his face, but some smiles are audible. "Splendid that you're here tonight! And in good time, too. There'll be dancing soon, but you've still time to fill out a dance card. Just remember to save a spot on it for me."

"Oh Thank you, Professor!" Jolanda curtsies, mimicking very slightly the Swan's movements in honor of her mask. "Your place is so wonderfully decorated. And I can see so many friends here already. Why, this will be a night to remember." Even if K and C is mentioned. This, will be one to forget.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
0 link
Shadowcthuhlu
Shadowcthuhlu

12/20/2019
the old man wrote:
Shadowcthuhlu wrote:

I tried that this is what they recommended one is curable ten not so much

:Hm, that isn't what they gave me. Granted, I also told them I needed to work on chess game so they might have given me something stronger. . ." Dirae Erinyes gives a shrug. "No matter, with all the poison flowing through London, I'm sure you will find something permanent - either through friends or enemies."

Meanwhile Evensong walks over to Jolanda, entranced by her outfit. "Excuse me, but can I ask you about swans?"

--
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

12/20/2019
"Jolanda!" Lady Byron greets her friend with a hug (but a gentle one, it would not do to ruffle all those feathers). "It has been far, far too long, but you being here is the perfect Christmas present! And how splendid you appear!"

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
0 link
the old man
the old man

12/20/2019
in a quite corner the old man opens a window for some air and is completely covered in larcer. He laughs and smiles while making entirely sure none of it gets in his mouth and resolves to burn his bandages tomorrow. He goes off to rejoin the conversations with only a slight feeling of acid on his elbow

--
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/21/2019
Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
"Jolanda!" Lady Byron greets her friend with a hug (but a gentle one, it would not do to ruffle all those feathers). "It has been far, far too long, but you being here is the perfect Christmas present! And how splendid you appear!"

Jolanda hugs Sapho back, openly delighted to see her. "Why, thank you dear! I would say I caught a glimpse of you at Neathmass but... that would be rude, wouldn't it? And being rude simply wouldn't do!"

--
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

12/21/2019
August goes to the bar in the meanwhile and looks around, to make sure the wines and other drinks are still fully stocked. He was trying to see if there would be any wines he hadn't tasted yet in all the time he had spent down here. When he saw none, he decided to climb onto the performers stage with the Rubbery Chorus and pulled out an Amber Cello, playing along the chorus to the harmonious, melachonical vibrations of the Underground Organ. He'd take his chance to ask someone for a dance later, currently his dancing card was currently still mostly empty.

--
Honeyaddict, Silverer Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence of the Old Regime
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola. Update: a Basecamp has been completed, now to win back the Viric Jungle in order to build the Church itself!

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes.
0 link
the old man
the old man

12/21/2019
the old man goes to the center of the ball room leaving just a small trail of larcer, and invites anyone who wishes to dance.

--
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

12/21/2019
Ondine laughs behind her mask. "You are eager, aren't you, my friend? Well, you'd best get your dance card filled out soon. The musicians are getting ready."

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
the old man
the old man

12/21/2019
Siankan wrote:
Ondine laughs behind her mask. "You are eager, aren't you, my friend? Well, you'd best get your dance card filled out soon. The musicians are getting ready."

well this is one of the few dances that d--n octotgeairen isn't on my dance card so I'm trying to make the most of it.

--
0 link
Iris Sims
Iris Sims

12/21/2019
Lady Sapho Byron wrote:
Lady Byron arches an eyebrow in surprised curiosity. "K and C? I did not know that was still played. Not that is was ever played, mind, or that I would know about it if it was. But be that as it may, it seems like you know how to handle yourself," she observes approvingly.
"It only seems to be played by idiots who think too highly of themselves. Still, it's fun to take their candles." Iris smirks before curtsying at the compliment. "You need to learn how to fight quickly, in the Neath."

the old man wrote:
the old man noticeably more sober (you don't want to know how) says "oh don't worry about the small stain their are worst acts to commit at a party, I know because I seem to be doing all of them" the old man chuckles and offers a dance. Though he does seem noticeably ill whenever drink comes up in conversation
Iris smiles at this comment and accepts a quick dance. She's not quite tipsy yet, so she's able to dance with some grace.
edited by Iris Sims on 12/21/2019

--
Curiousity has not yet killed Iris Sims
0 link