Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

The Masters or the Empress? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hymenaeus
Hymenaeus

11/28/2019
Who do you side with? Both parties are not necessarily at odds against one another directly, but there is a tenuous relationship at best. Players of Skies probably know the outcome of this relationship, but as London residents, do you welcome the new lords of the city, or are you a loyalist to the core?

I, myself, am devoted to my Empress. Lord Hymenaeus defies these beasts, though perhaps not openly.

As an aside, I am so very curious about this bridging moment in the London/SS lore.
edited by Hymenaeus on 11/29/2019

--
Hymenaeus Blackwood, a radical academic and philosopher balancing on the tightrope of infernal and aristocratic allegiance. Celestial poet, tinkerer, teacher, vehemently British.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

11/29/2019
My answer to this question would be "No".
edited by Diptych on 12/1/2019

--
Sir Frederick, the Emancipationist Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+8 link
the old man
the old man

11/29/2019
I find the masters interesting but if I had to choose long live her restored majesty

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

11/29/2019
Nope and nope. The one is the lackey of the others. Burn 'em all.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

11/29/2019
Well...
My first instict is to say no to both, but if I had to choose between them I would go with the human evil. Because you know. She is human.
It doesn't help that their common foil, the Revolutionaries, have even crazier schemes.
In the end, if you are opposed to their madness, all you can do is be helpful with the downtrodden and take their side any way you can.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Ixc
Ixc

11/29/2019
I would argue the Masters are evil mainly because of their inhuman values; the Empress is fully able to understand human morality, but chooses to be cruel anyway. And the Masters are actually doing something about the Liberation, as compared to her Majesty. Plus, the Masters are technically easier to overthrow now than Victoria as Her Eternal Majesty.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Being poked incessantly by nightmares? Poke them back!
Vote the Viscountess for Mayor!
+2 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

11/30/2019
I agree with lxc. The Empress chose to betray her people and her sacred oath to her people for love. What the Masters have done to London resulted partly from ignorance of love and human nature, and partly due to how they have been trapped by the gods. I also see greater potential in playing the Masters against each other for the good of London and her inhabitants than in moving the Empress to do anything useful.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+4 link
Jaina
Jaina

11/30/2019
They're both tyrants. Sic temper tyrannis.

I find Victoria particularly detestable due to the fact that we *know* she was terrible in the real world as well and that she is a human. The Masters have the excuse of being obscenely overpowered compared to any human they've ever met, save perhaps one or two, and have a very different sense of 'who matters'.

--
Cair-Var, a power-hungry lover of Devils and Rubberies
Hungry Ego, A morally upstanding citizen
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

11/30/2019
I prefer to side with neither, whilst staying in both of their good graces if possible.
I do see the Empress as the lesser threat but the greater evil as she sold London for her own gains to the Masters, who whilst more dangerous can only do what they are due to the actions of the Empress.

None the less, the party I side with would be my own, or rather the party that protects the commonfolk from the extremities of the political discordant landscape that is Fallen London with the Masters, Devils, Church, the Revolutionaries, Spies and Empress.

--
Honeyaddict, Silverer Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence of the Old Regime
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola. Update: a Basecamp has been completed, now to win back the Viric Jungle in order to build the Church itself!

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes.
+2 link
phryne
phryne

11/30/2019
Side with Hell. Always side with Hell.

--
4 Accounts, 4 Ambitions finished: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesis
Exceptional Stories, sorted by season and by writerDestiny Guide
+3 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/1/2019
phryne wrote:
Side with Hell. Always side with Hell.
I only side with their fabulous diamonds.
And how do they get those anyway?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

1/4/2020
The Spidery Rogue has a soft spot for the Empress, she is (on a technicality) a peer of the realm. But she's also pragmatic and sees that the Master are the true power in the Neath. She's going to end up pretty surprised in a few years.

Personally, I despise both of them and am a revolutionary (well not when it comes to the bomb throwing "propaganda of the deed", but when it comes to the theory yes) at heart. My sunless captains are closer to my own opinions. I mean, even the Liberation of Night makes good points, but again, please stop planting bombs and killing innocents.

--
Guide to my characters
0 link
ChangelingChilde
ChangelingChilde

1/18/2020
D-mn them all. I side with Eaten and the Liberation.

--
DO you recall how the Hunger began?
I'm sorry, my darling, I don't think I can!
OUT past the High Wilderness and beyond
I fear I've gone Seeking, for of Him I'm fond.
--The Elfin Cannibal

Seven scars, seven chains, a soul too stained for Hell, and seven sainted candles burning at the well.

Gone to Grieve on the 17th day of the 7th month, 1897. Will be Vake-hunting next.
+1 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

1/19/2020
Diptych wrote:
My answer to this question would be "No".

This.

AbsolxGuardian wrote:
please stop planting bombs and killing innocents.

When the Masters decide it’s time for the next city,
[spoiler]they will kill ALL the innocents. Permanently.

So sending those who support these monsters for a chess game or two with the Boatman is but a sobering reminder.[/spoiler]

--
|| the Nocturnal Nostalgist, collector of dreams and memories ||
+1 link
the old man
the old man

1/19/2020
JaneAnkhVeos wrote:

AbsolxGuardian wrote:
please stop planting bombs and killing innocents.

When the Masters decide it’s time for the next city,
[spoiler]they will kill ALL the innocents. Permanently.

So sending those who support these monsters for a chess game or two with the Boatman is but a sobering reminder.[/spoiler]

some people are just trying to live in this city.

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
+1 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

1/19/2020
the old man wrote:
some people are just trying to live in this city.

Staying out of conflicts is a perfectly understandable choice, but they deserve to know that one day they will have no choice at all - because these lives may end at any time by whim of the Bazaar and its Masters.

--
+1 link
Greg M
Greg M

1/27/2020
I don't side with all the Masters, but Mr. Iron has expressed great reluctance to go along with the other Masters' plans and seems very interested in preserving Fallen London. One of the Seasonal conclusions clearly established this. I also suspect Mr. Pages would balk at seeing this city go (yeah he did Oscar Wilde dirty, but I paid Fate to help Wilde escape, so there you go).

So I am #TeamIron and #TeamPages.

I am, as far as I know, the only person on this team.

--
Profile: GregM.
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/GregM

Available for any non-harmful social interactions.
+2 link
AbsolxGuardian
AbsolxGuardian

1/28/2020
Greg M wrote:
I don't side with all the Masters, but Mr. Iron has expressed great reluctance to go along with the other Masters' plans and seems very interested in preserving Fallen London. One of the Seasonal conclusions clearly established this. I also suspect Mr. Pages would balk at seeing this city go (yeah he did Oscar Wilde dirty, but I paid Fate to help Wilde escape, so there you go).

So I am #TeamIron and #TeamPages.

I am, as far as I know, the only person on this team.

Which story features Oscar Wilde? I want to play it!

Mr. Iron runs Demeaux Island, which is staffed by indentured servants who suffer a lot of industrial accidents and are eager to escape, which isn't a great sign for it. It may want to preserve London, but it may just be that it doesn't want to have to rebuild its operations. Or maybe it likes London because of all the machinery it's full of, something it doesn't realize is a product of surface history continuing, rather than London specifically.

If we're talking specific Masters, Mr. Hearts/Apples is the one I trust the most. It doesn't have any cruelties that stand out.

(Midgame Sunless Skies Spoilers)

[spoiler] And when given the chance to escape servitude to the Bazaar, it takes it. Maybe I just find the Chiropterous Hoarder so pitiful, that I can't hate Mr. Apples. [/spoilers]

--
Guide to my characters
0 link
JaneAnkhVeos
JaneAnkhVeos

1/28/2020
AbsolxGuardian wrote:
Which story features Oscar Wilde? I want to play it!

"Ascending the Reliables list of Mr Pages" - requires A Name in Seven Secret Alphabets of at least 3

--
0 link
the old man
the old man

1/28/2020
I could never bring myself to s---l the b--- in one of my alts I should have but I couldn't bring myself, I'm seeking the name but I'm not that bad

--
0 link