Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Salons

Here you can speculate on the game’s plot, discuss its characters, and compare notes with other players.

The Masters or the Empress? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hymenaeus
Hymenaeus

10 days ago
Who do you side with? Both parties are not necessarily at odds against one another directly, but there is a tenuous relationship at best. Players of Skies probably know the outcome of this relationship, but as London residents, do you welcome the new lords of the city, or are you a loyalist to the core?

I, myself, am devoted to my Empress. Lord Hymenaeus defies these beasts, though perhaps not openly.

As an aside, I am so very curious about this bridging moment in the London/SS lore.
edited by Hymenaeus on 11/29/2019

--
Hymenaeus, a radical academic and philosopher balancing on the tightrope of infernal and aristocratic allegiance. Celestial poet, tinkerer, teacher, vehemently British.
0 link
Diptych
Diptych
Administrator

10 days ago
My answer to this question would be "No".
edited by Diptych on 12/1/2019

--
Sir Frederick, the Libertarian Esotericist. Lord Hubris, the Bloody Baron.
Juniper Brown, the Ill-Fated Orphan. Esther Ellis-Hall, the Fashionable Fabian.
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10 days ago
I find the masters interesting but if I had to choose long live her restored majesty

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes

10 days ago
Nope and nope. The one is the lackey of the others. Burn 'em all.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10 days ago
Well...
My first instict is to say no to both, but if I had to choose between them I would go with the human evil. Because you know. She is human.
It doesn't help that their common foil, the Revolutionaries, have even crazier schemes.
In the end, if you are opposed to their madness, all you can do is be helpful with the downtrodden and take their side any way you can.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Ixc
Ixc

9 days ago
I would argue the Masters are evil mainly because of their inhuman values; the Empress is fully able to understand human morality, but chooses to be cruel anyway. And the Masters are actually doing something about the Liberation, as compared to her Majesty. Plus, the Masters are technically easier to overthrow now than Victoria as Her Eternal Majesty.

--
Pleased to meet you. Ixc, spy and detective. Inventor of the Correspondence Cannon.
Are you a Paramount Presence? Record your name here. For posterity, of course.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
0 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

9 days ago
I agree with lxc. The Empress chose to betray her people and her sacred oath to her people for love. What the Masters have done to London resulted partly from ignorance of love and human nature, and partly due to how they have been trapped by the gods. I also see greater potential in playing the Masters against each other for the good of London and her inhabitants than in moving the Empress to do anything useful.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Jaina
Jaina

9 days ago
They're both tyrants. Sic temper tyrannis.

I find Victoria particularly detestable due to the fact that we *know* she was terrible in the real world as well and that she is a human. The Masters have the excuse of being obscenely overpowered compared to any human they've ever met, save perhaps one or two, and have a very different sense of 'who matters'.

--
Cair-Var, a power-hungry lover of Devils and Rubberies
Hungry Ego, A morally upstanding citizen
+1 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

8 days ago
I prefer to side with neither, whilst staying in both of their good graces if possible.
I do see the Empress as the lesser threat but the greater evil as she sold London for her own gains to the Masters, who whilst more dangerous can only do what they are due to the actions of the Empress.

None the less, the party I side with would be my own, or rather the party that protects the commonfolk from the extremities of the political discordant landscape that is Fallen London with the Masters, Devils, Church, the Revolutionaries, Spies and Empress.

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some ideas the Masters won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions (not duping). I do enjoy role playing as well.
Have some possibly still active codes!
0 link
phryne
phryne

8 days ago
Side with Hell. Always side with Hell.

--
Exceptional Stories, sorted by Season and by writerFavours & Renown GuideDestiny Guide
Go play StoryNexus games - while you still can!
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

8 days ago
phryne wrote:
Side with Hell. Always side with Hell.
I only side with their fabulous diamonds.
And how do they get those anyway?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link