Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

December Exceptional Story: Por Una Cabeza Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

12/24/2019
Meradine Heidenreich wrote:
Has someone already mentioned that this title has its own Wikipedia page? (I was looking for a translation for the mouseover text...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_una_Cabeza

Thank you so much. I've completely missed this fascinating layer of meaning.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/24/2019
Thank you both for the references! Borges gets around London a lot, doesn't he?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/25/2019
Maybe that with Christmas on the Surface and Sackmas down here some have forgotten about this exceptional story.
Just make sure to unlock it by tomorrow! smile
Merry Sackmas!!!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+2 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

12/27/2019
Because it was delayed one day, let us bump it once more for the last hour before this ES gets locked! Maybe someone out there will find this useful!

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+1 link
bertrandwins
bertrandwins

12/28/2019
Was there a special place I needed to go to unlock this story? I have tje Jan & Nov ES but can't seem to find this one.

--
Old guard paramount presence.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/bertrandwins
0 link
PSGarak
PSGarak

12/28/2019
bertrandwins wrote:
Was there a special place I needed to go to unlock this story? I have tje Jan & Nov ES but can't seem to find this one.

You needed to unlock it while it was the active Exceptional Story. We've now switched over to January's story, and this one is no longer available, even if you have a subscription. If this was a mistake on your part, you can try reaching out to support@failbettergames.com and pleading for a Christmas miracle.

If you did unlock it, and can't follow the thread, the usual advice is to check the four starting areas. This one in particular I think requires Ladybones Road early on.

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/PSGarak
0 link
phryne
phryne

12/29/2019
This was the second story (after Cricket, Anyone?) in which we saw a devil dance the Correspondence, which I find very interesting, especially concerning devils' association with bees. After all, bees communicate by dancing.

I have a feeling that the Revolution in which the Devils overthrew the old order might've involved a lot of dancing. Maybe this is why they throw so many balls - maybe each ball is dedicated to a particular hero of the Revolution.

And now I want to see Virginia dance. Or maybe not. No, maybe rather not... wink

--
Accounts: Bag a LegendLight FingersHeart's DesireNemesisno ambition
Exceptional Stories, sorted chronologically and by writerFavours & Renown Guide
+3 link
the old man
the old man

12/29/2019
phryne wrote:
This was the second story (after Cricket, Anyone?) in which we saw a devil dance the Correspondence, which I find very interesting, especially concerning devils' association with bees. After all, bees communicate by dancing.

I have a feeling that the Revolution in which the Devils overthrew the old order might've involved a lot of dancing. Maybe this is why they throw so many balls - maybe each ball is dedicated to a particular hero of the Revolution.

And now I want to see Virginia dance. Or maybe not. No, maybe rather not... wink

the correspondence can be danced eh maybe its time to edit the bell and candle

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Lord Chillingsworth
Lord Chillingsworth

12/29/2019
I've been stuck at Day 31 of the race for a few weeks now -- I can't get higher than 1 Snooping for a Scoop. Nothing I try seems to do anything. Might some gentle soul out there have a clue for this hapless author?
edited by Lord Chillingsworth on 12/29/2019
0 link
silurica
silurica

12/30/2019
Lord Chillingsworth wrote:
I've been stuck at Day 31 of the race for a few weeks now -- I can't get higher than 1 Snooping for a Scoop. Nothing I try seems to do anything. Might some gentle soul out there have a clue for this hapless author?

Snooping for a Scoop is tied to investigation, so you need to investigate another one of the competitors if you haven't already (and you will need to investigate them all eventually).

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
Chizuru Nishiooji, the Rueful Ex-Diplomat
+1 link
Lord Chillingsworth
Lord Chillingsworth

12/30/2019
silurica wrote:
Lord Chillingsworth wrote:

Snooping for a Scoop is tied to investigation, so you need to investigate another one of the competitors if you haven't already (and you will need to investigate them all eventually).

What happens when I go to investigating the Competitors is "Consider something else - you've already begun an investigation." It won't let me investigate the Inveterate Gambler. I must be missing something somewhere.... I'll have to keep poking at it.

Thank you, dear friend, for the clues!
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum

12/30/2019
Sounds like you may have already begun an investigation inadvertently. Try checking all the locations around London, as the investigation storylet should be somewhere there, but if nothing's obvious support@failbettergames.com is always a safe bet.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

12/30/2019
Did you go to the mansion? You have to go back each time.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+1 link
Lord Chillingsworth
Lord Chillingsworth

12/31/2019
Optimatum wrote:
Sounds like you may have already begun an investigation inadvertently. Try checking all the locations around London, as the investigation storylet should be somewhere there, but if nothing's obvious support@failbettergames.com is always a safe bet.

My thanks, Delicious Friend.
0 link
Alonto
Alonto

1/1/2020
I very much enjoyed this story!
I can't believe they got me to feel invested in a slug race :P

As soon as I found out who the Gambler was, I felt like I had to help them (again). It was really nice to see that success.

I also liked Dona Villar very much. She felt like I could be at ease around her, and also that she could easily cheat me for everything. A tragic figure and a resourceful mastermind at the same time.

Two thumbs up from me smile
+1 link
Lord Chillingsworth
Lord Chillingsworth

1/4/2020
Ah! with some assistance from the Masters, I have finally concluded this storyline! Very well done (and it was only one thing I was missing -- once again, I thank everyone for the willing hand!).
0 link
theonie
theonie

3/2/2020
The Curious Watcher wrote:
For people who have the Racing Slug of Fine Pedigree [Society Favor Pet], does it open up any extra options? It would be weird for them to include an option for something as niche as Cider, only to ignore the pet that likely inspired this story in the first place.

This is late, but I don't see that anyone has answered your question and for the benefit of anyone also starting this story months after it was released, yes, there is a little extra text if one has one's very own slug. The first time you meet Dona Villar, you ask about racing your own slug, but alas, that's not possible; here's the echo: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/theonie/17872086 . There's also an option to feed your slug lettuce in the garden; echo here: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/theonie/17872108 .

I'd like to echo everyone's delight with the story and add that a small thing I find particularly pleasing is that we actually move to the location we're supposed to be, within the story. In most ES's that doesn't happen, we stay in the location we started out in, even if the story has moved us all around London. It's a small thing -- but maybe it's complicated to code? no idea -- but it really adds to the verisimilitude of the story for me.
edited by theonie on 3/3/2020

--
theonie, an inescapable, midnight, terrifying, and irresistible lady. All social actions except Affluent Photographer welcome.
+1 link
Lady Karnstein
Lady Karnstein

3/17/2020
For the record, I kept the Epilogue waiting since December, but as of yesterday, having just gotten the Cider, Caroline shared it with Doña Villar, only then finishing the story. That is how much I liked that character and story, and how much I wanted to give it the *right* ending.
edited by Lady Karnstein on 3/17/2020

--
Lady Caroline Karnstein, The Moral Hedonist (Description)
Infamous writer, artist, and courtesan. Unrepentant Invert. Hesperidean.
Paramount Presence, Correspondent, Nocturnal. Poet Laureate of the Neath, Ambassador to Arbor
+1 link