Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Hallowmas 1897 Messages in this topic - RSS

dov
dov

10/28/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
silurica wrote:
I have personally confirmed a new card each in the following menace areas: a state of some confusion, the Mirror-Marches, exile, and New Newgate Prison. The cards are standard frequency with silver border, all requiring the relevant menace to be below 6 (the exact wording is "you needed 5 at most"). The type of mask you wear doesn't matter. They only let you leave the menace area early, which I suppose come in handiest for dodging dream penalties in the nightmares areas and the quirks and action sinks in exile.
Glad to hear my Dreams won't be lowered in case I lack attention. It's very comforting to know this, thanks!

The menace area cards are these:

These are all non-discardable silver-bordered cards. They become available when the *modified* menace is less than 6, and they take you back to London without touching your menace level.

--
Want a sip of Hesperidean Cider? Send me a request in-game. Here's an_ocelot's guide how.
(Most social actions are welcome. Please no requests to Loiter Suspiciously and no investigations of the Affluent Photographer)
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/28/2019
I tried to copy the link my scintillac entry for anyone who wants to take a look, but it won't let me; however, it's the last echo in my journal for anyone who wants to take a look. The title is A Final Voyage.

I would appreciate reading the text from anyone who got the Hallowmass card at the Exile; I was really unlucky with this one.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/28/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I tried to copy the link my scintillac entry for anyone who wants to take a look, but it won't let me; however, it's the last echo in my journal for anyone who wants to take a look. The title is A Final Voyage.
That button takes you to the link containing the journal entry, but it's also your last one so you don't see the difference, but the URL changes and it looks like this:
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan/17044285
Navigating to the journal is sometimes confusing because replaces your history instead of pushing to it; thus, there's no use of the back button most of the times.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10/29/2019
don't know if this I new to anyone but if you go to the balls via the opportunity card it puts you in the same place as when you left

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
Vorwoda Hawksby
Vorwoda Hawksby

10/29/2019
I'm really enjoying this, and have upgraded my Cryptanalyst, and got the base (adorably) rubbery feline. At last, a cat that doesn't set off allergies!

My only complaint is the rarity of the Masque Entry Cards. Wearing the Demon Mask in Spite and drawing card after card after card and still haven't seen one. I've been paying to get in, so the Mask's only real advantage has been getting the better options inside (depending on Airs). I really wish the card frequency was higher. upset

However, other than that, I'm very happy to raise a bottle of Broken Giant to FBG for making my first Hallowmas in the 'Neath a very happy one!

--
Ambition: Nemesis
My darling lady-love,
Lies cruelly slain above;
To track her unknown killer I've descended,
To London, in the Neath.
And though I pass Hell's teeth,
I'll see her slayer's foul existence ended!
+1 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/29/2019
I haven't upgraded my feline because the text suggests you turn it into something sinister or at least less happy. Am I mistaken?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
0 link
silurica
silurica

10/29/2019
I don't know about "less happy" but "morally flexible" sure suggests the kitty will become a greyer character. In any case, we can't tell for sure now because the upgrade requires a Confession of Violence and a Confession of Whimsy, both unavailable until the second week.

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
Chizuru Nishiooji, the Rueful Ex-Diplomat
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10/29/2019
also in any case you have to upgrade it because if you do you can get the rubbery cat and the flexible one and we need as many of those as we can

--
an old man from the colony's mentioning his name to the right people might get you help to the wrong a beating
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/29/2019
Thanks to Docteur's mail, we got information on this event's main quality; Spirit of Hallowmas!

Docteur from Discord wrote:
Olivia is faster than light
I will divulge nothing. However, regular players will be able to get decent rewards: we don't want people to feel obliged to do nothing but play Hallowmas for the season. This is meant to be fun!

Doing some research and want to ask you the people of the forum: how high is your quality?

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
0 link
the old man
the old man

10/29/2019
my spirt is currently 622 I feel I may have gone overboard but at this point I just want to see if there's an upper limit
edited by the old man on 10/29/2019

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/29/2019
the old man wrote:
my spirt is currently 622 I feel I may have gone overboard but at this point I just want to see if there's an upper limit
Oh, trust me, you didn't go overboard at all!

--
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond

10/29/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
the old man wrote:
Oh, trust me, you didn't go overboard at all!

Usually, with qualities there is no upper limit. You have more than me, Old Man, and I thought I had quite a lot.
Currently I have 452, but I'm not done yet!
edited by cathyr19355 on 10/29/2019

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

10/29/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
Doing some research and want to ask you the people of the forum: how high is your quality?

Just got back from the Pavilion with 583.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Tuxi
Tuxi

10/29/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I would appreciate reading the text from anyone who got the Hallowmass card at the Exile; I was really unlucky with this one.

Luckily that's the single one I've done yet.

--
The Gentle Intermediary
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/29/2019
I love how we are all trying to get Spirit as high as possible, though the text is not implying something pleasant at all!

--
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/29/2019
Tuxi wrote:
Jolanda Swan wrote:

Luckily that's the single one I've done yet.

Ah, thank you! I love all of these.

--
+1 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/29/2019
Jolanda Swan wrote:
I love how we are all trying to get Spirit as high as possible, though the text is not implying something pleasant at all!
Your deeds this Hallowmas are drawing attention
There are those who observe all things done at Hallowmas. There are those who keep score. What will be your reckoning in the end?

Seems that the "best" level is what drives the community this event and I adore it! Is it 500? But it was and it was harder to get so maybe 1000! Or 1500 just to be on the safe side. Or just go max!

--
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

10/29/2019
Skinnyman wrote:
Or just go max!

Why not? I'm personally enjoying wandering about the Butterfly Pavilion whenever I'm invited or have actions to spare. I have hopes that there will be a sufficient reward at the end, but I'm happy as long as it's interesting.

For those doing calculations, much depends on whether the rewards are tiered or scaling. Will we be rewarded for certain thresholds, or will the payout scale ad infinitum with our score? Will there be a hybrid element, with some things triggered at certain levels of Spirit but a base award tied to total amount? No way to know yet, unless FBG give us more information.

In the mean time, I shall enjoy driving my characters to the brink of insanity (or slightly past), and then letting them feel better after speaking to an anonymous, sinister, masked figure.

Welcome to London.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Nathalia
Nathalia

10/29/2019
484. Aiming for 666, because that is amusing, and life should always be amusing, darlings.
+1 link
Nonomori
Nonomori

10/29/2019
Skinnyman wrote:

I have 383.

--
Vahniel
0 link