Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

Hallowmas 1897 Messages in this topic - RSS

silurica
silurica

10/26/2019
Pryno Belle wrote:
Did anyone saw different options in the menaces states? The Mirror-Marshes, Venderbight and the prison? It does say in the guide to Hallowmas that they opened up new options. Sounds like something to try before you switch your mask.

I have personally confirmed a new card each in the following menace areas: a state of some confusion, the Mirror-Marches, exile, and New Newgate Prison. The cards are standard frequency with silver border, all requiring the relevant menace to be below 6 (the exact wording is "you needed 5 at most"). The type of mask you wear doesn't matter. They only let you leave the menace area early, which I suppose come in handiest for dodging dream penalties in the nightmares areas and the quirks and action sinks in exile.

I tried checking death too, but (as expected) didn't find any new card. Might check it for the second time to be extra sure.

Jolanda Swan wrote:
....and now I have donned all three masks.
Note that they open not one but two extra options in each area. The second opens after menace 5. So if you want to experience everything in each ball, you will need to enter with the proper mask - plus you had better avoid any menace-gear. They help you exit faster, but they won't let you get the options as you will be expelled as soon as you get to 5 instead of 7.

It seems I'm late to this one, but correcting this for anyone else that might be reading: all but one option in the Masques are Airs-dependent and will lock when your menace reach 7. So, for example, in the Pavilion of Butterflies you can hunt for butterflies or toast to the Queen no matter what your nightmares level is at as long as you have the correct Airs.
edited by silurica on 10/26/2019

--
Meika Osborne, the Reckless Researcher
Leonard West, the Scarlet Informant
Chizuru Nishiooji, the Rueful Ex-Diplomat
+4 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/26/2019
I found nothing in The Boatman. Oh, do we know if going to New Newgate increases your record?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
silurica
silurica

10/26/2019
The usual criminal record mechanics apply if you're caught with Suspicion 8.

--
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10/26/2019
do we know if there's anything in the tomb colonies

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20old%20man
no plant battles please for the love of god
0 link
silurica
silurica

10/26/2019
the old man wrote:
do we know if there's anything in the tomb colonies

Yes, I said in my post above I've confirmed a card in exile. Exile = Tomb-Colonies.

--
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10/26/2019
lovley I usually don't like going but ill check it out in all the menice locations I just wanted to know weather I should change my mask

--
an old irish spy from the colonies, somewhat irrigo impaired but still sharp as a tack. friendly enough just don't mention parabola he gets awfully melancholic. (an honorary cat my life is complete)
0 link
Dudebro Pyro
Dudebro Pyro

10/26/2019
Huh, there's an option in St. Elmo that costs a Knob of Scintillack. Seems to be unique among the Masques in being nearly Fate-locked.
For that matter, the wiki says it's available in the Temple Club; can be be obtained by receiving an Inivtation?

--
Dudebro Pyro, eccentric scholar

Spare Starveling Kitties always welcome. I collect them.
For that matter, send me your unwanted cat boxes too.
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

10/26/2019
Dudebro Pyro wrote:
Huh, there's an option in St. Elmo that costs a Knob of Scintillack. Seems to be unique among the Masques in being nearly Fate-locked.
For that matter, the wiki says it's available in the Temple Club; can be be obtained by receiving an Inivtation?

I have really been wondering what happens if you take that option. If anyone knows, I'd love a PM, or even just a link.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan

10/26/2019
I will try to find my link.
I have found two menace cards: the Mirror Marches and the State of Some Confusion. I am currently in Exile (argh! the parties I am missing!) and going through the cards. Hope it doesn't take forever!

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
0 link
Ulysses Kingfisher
Ulysses Kingfisher

10/26/2019
JaneAnkhVeos wrote:
The non-discardable mask-cards stay in your hand if you change the mask (becoming an inactive obstacle).

I am in this situation now. This seems like it would be a mistake? If you no longer have the requirement to draw the card, it should disappear (similar to the conflict cards if you remove enough favours).

At the very least, it kind of stinks.

--
C'est moi
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

10/26/2019
That's probably a support ticket issue.

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Dalencienn
Dalencienn

10/27/2019
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with the mask card staying in my hand after I changed masks. I filed a bug report yesterday, but alas, it's a weekend!

Edit: And now it's been fixed. Thanks, dedicated Failbetter employees! (But I do hope you got to enjoy the rest of your weekend.)
edited by Dalencienn on 10/27/2019

--
Dalencienn: A Paramount Presence, available to take proteges upon in-game request. Courier's Footprint. Poet-Laureate of the Neath. Went North; turned back. SHALL NEVER DIE.
0 link
silurica
silurica

10/27/2019
Siankan wrote:
Dudebro Pyro wrote:

I have really been wondering what happens if you take that option. If anyone knows, I'd love a PM, or even just a link.

Here's what happen when you play that option. You'll get:
[spoiler]+7 CP Suspicion and a Muscaria Brandy.[/spoiler]
It's not worth doing more than once unless you happen to have a ton of Scintillack lying around for some reason.

--
+2 link
Amalgamate
Amalgamate

10/27/2019
Anyone have guesses of how much Spirit of Hallowmas we'll need? 100, 1000, 10000?

Hopefully which menace we convert also doesn't matter for too much, I took a random guess as to which one to stockpile most of so hopefully that works out.
edited by Amalgamate on 10/27/2019

--
http://www.fallenlondon.com/Profile/amalgamate

Social invitations of all kinds welcome, especially games of chess and deadly sparring!

Also happy to help with nightmares, send sips of Cider, and plant battle.
0 link
navchaa
navchaa

10/27/2019
How does one cash in more than 7 scandal for spirit? I am at 7 now and have no more options to raise scandal at the ball. Is there any scandal reduction gear that I might have missed?

--
Paramount Presence (London's Marrow 2, London's Nerves 2, London’s Sinew 3, London’s Blood 3) and mercenary Notary

Married to Myrto :: Exchanging Surprise Packages with anyone interested :: Exchanging cat boxes with Kitty Rambunctious

http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/navchaa
0 link
Wojciech
Wojciech

10/27/2019
navchaa wrote:
How does one cash in more than 7 scandal for spirit? I am at 7 now and have no more options to raise scandal at the ball. Is there any scandal reduction gear that I might have missed?

You just do it several times, probably?

I'm also interested in how much SoH should I acquire...

--
Wojciech, a Correspondent > Midnighter > Glassman > Correspondent again.

Fnardl, a Vake-Hunting Midnighter.
0 link
the old man
the old man

10/27/2019
Wojciech wrote:
navchaa wrote:

to answer that i do beleve there is scandle reduction gear also its probably linked to the new cards in the tomb colonys if you have the devil mask

You just do it several times, probably?

I'm also interested in how much SoH should I acquire...

i have around 300 so probably less

--
0 link
silurica
silurica

10/27/2019
navchaa wrote:

You don't. There is no scandal reduction gear as far as I know, only nightmares and suspicion.

--
+1 link
the old man
the old man

10/28/2019
thought this might be interesting was in the empresses court I got the ability to travel to one of the balls through the card I then instantly left because I'm stupid and didn't need to go left and was still in court correct me if I'm wrong but as I was wearing the crown shouldn't that place me at the hill

--
0 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman

10/28/2019
James Sinclair wrote:
Siankan wrote:
Will you raise the Broken Giant with me? To failing better!
I agree wholeheartedly. A glass of Hell's best for everyone! The FBG team has really done a splendid job this year not only with setting up the event, but being responsive as well. And they addressed another complaint from last year: that the upgraded companions reused the same art as their normal counterparts. I'm really enjoying the new artwork for both the new companions and the event storylets.
I raise a whole wine cellar for FBG! smile I would upvote Siankan's post too, but that will ruin the perfect 7.

silurica wrote:
I have personally confirmed a new card each in the following menace areas: a state of some confusion, the Mirror-Marches, exile, and New Newgate Prison. The cards are standard frequency with silver border, all requiring the relevant menace to be below 6 (the exact wording is "you needed 5 at most"). The type of mask you wear doesn't matter. They only let you leave the menace area early, which I suppose come in handiest for dodging dream penalties in the nightmares areas and the quirks and action sinks in exile.
Glad to hear my Dreams won't be lowered in case I lack attention. It's very comforting to know this, thanks!

Jolanda Swan wrote:
I found nothing in The Boatman. Oh, do we know if going to New Newgate increases your record?
Wounds aren't included in the festival's agenda.

--
ESs items and quality requirements sheet. Please check if there are errors or if something is missing
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
0 link