Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » The Bazaar

This is the place to discuss playing the game. Find tips, debate the best places to find certain items and share advice.

PSA: Hallowmas Companions Announcement Messages in this topic - RSS

Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1907

23 days ago
I missed the Discord announcement, but thanks to Reddit u/AnOrangeCactus this post was made there. Bit late, but time to share the news here too, on the official game forums!


Olivia from FBG just gave us a heads-up on Discord about what to prepare for the upcoming Hallowmas:
I mean non of this is compulsory, but:
You may want some Docks Renown and associated favours.
You may want some Rubbery Men renown and associated favours.
You may want some Constables renown and associated favours.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
ESs items and quality requirements sheet
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
+4 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1534

23 days ago
Sounds fun, but my first thought was that this Discord thing is getting annoying.
These are the official forums. Shouldn't we get an announcement here too? Especially for something that players would like to know and prepare for?

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+5 link
Skinnyman
Skinnyman
Posts: 1907

23 days ago
Jolanda Swan wrote:
Sounds fun, but my first thought was that this Discord thing is getting annoying.

These are the official forums. Shouldn't we get an announcement here too? Especially for something that players would like to know and prepare for?
Discord is the official channel too, but I agree that post should be made here too!
There's even a widget for Discord, but don't think it can be integrated into Jitbit.

--
I am accepting Plant battles, Neath's Mysteries card, Starveling Cats and boxed cats.
No suppers, no second chances gain and no need to cure my menaces!
ESs items and quality requirements sheet
Achievement list if you're feeling bored!
0 link
Plynkes
Plynkes
Posts: 610

22 days ago
I'm getting a bit tired of Failbetter's lack of interest in their own forums. Never been a big fan of the election anyway, but this year's weird decision to post details about the candidates on social media and not here was just the tipping point I needed to ignore it entirely this time.

--
"Then tell Wind and Fire where to stop, but don't tell me."
+3 link
Jermaine Vendredi
Jermaine Vendredi
Posts: 547

22 days ago
I registered for the Discord, but found the set-up singularly unappealing.

--
No plant battles, please.
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jermion
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2359

22 days ago
Jermaine Vendredi wrote:
I registered for the Discord, but found the set-up singularly unappealing.


You're not kidding. Not only an ugly interface, but a hard-to-use one. I couldn't even find the announcement.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2359

22 days ago
Skinnyman wrote:
I missed the Discord announcement, but thanks to Reddit u/AnOrangeCactus this post was made there. Bit late, but time to share the news here too, on the official game forums!


Olivia from FBG just gave us a heads-up on Discord about what to prepare for the upcoming Hallowmas:
I mean non of this is compulsory, but:
You may want some Docks Renown and associated favours.
You may want some Rubbery Men renown and associated favours.
You may want some Constables renown and associated favours.



Thanks for the Reddit link!

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
0 link
Optimatum
Optimatum
Posts: 3539

22 days ago
I think it's worth noting this wasn't an announcement, per se, just a teaser. This was just something informally mentioned by a dev during an ongoing conversation, which also happens sometimes here on the forums.

I do think it's disappointing that these forums are getting less official attention—it's especially baffling that we haven't gotten official threads for the last few seasonal conclusions—but this doesn't strike me as quite the same situation.

Catherine Raymond wrote:
Jermaine Vendredi wrote:
I registered for the Discord, but found the set-up singularly unappealing.


You're not kidding. Not only an ugly interface, but a hard-to-use one. I couldn't even find the announcement.


Proper announcements end up in the Discord's #fbg-announcements channel. Unfortunately, Discord's IRC-like design makes it basically impossible to see other noteworthy messages without first being told they exist. Then your best bet is to search for messages from Failbetter staff, usually Hannah.

--
Optimatum, a ruthless and merciful gentleman. No plant battles, Affluent Photographer requests, or healing offers; all other social actions welcome.

Want a sip of Cider? Just say hi!

PM me for information enigmatic or Fated. Though the forum please, not FL itself.
+2 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1534

21 days ago
Discord has a unique chat-like interface which a lot of people (including myself) find unappealing. It's good for mass chats, awful for nuanced conversation or speculation or the kind of semi-rp that goes on in this forum.
I am not saying it's bad, just that it's not for everyone.
Now the forums have been around for ever, and FBs' involvement in them was one of their best features. Not only informing us of what's to come, but most importantly, knowing that if something was written here, it would count as formal feedback. It would be read by FB and be taken into account. This makes you feel more connected to the game. In return, I think, people here behave in a certain manner, keeping evetyrhing at the level of polite conversation.
Plus, the forums are extremely useful to newcomers who can search tips, old ES, guides, grinds etc very easily and with minimum hassle. They can be used even if you never post a word.
Which is why the idea of them falling behind is upsetting and unappealing. I love FL, but I don't want to have to use the uber-messy Discord to get teasers and information always in real time.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+4 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator
Posts: 1138

21 days ago
Hello all!

Firstly - sorry about not posting that here, too. I dropped into the Discord because I'm trying to cover the urgent things for Hannah on top of my usual work, but I am not a natural comms person. Most of you probably won't know, but Hannah had a pretty horrible accident which meant she had to have emergency hand surgery. She'll be OK, but she's been off for a couple of weeks, and while back-ish, can't type easily!

But I should have posted here too. So, sorry again there.

As a general point - I don't post here much, but I do read here a lot. I check in every other day, roughly - so while I appreciate that we don't appear to be here that much, I do listen and take note of the things you say. I often carry feedback to the rest of the team. I'm just not very talkative, because I find it really easy to get distracted.

But I hear you!

-Babel


--
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
+7 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator
Posts: 412

21 days ago
thx olivia + soz gang smile

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+3 link
Jolanda Swan
Jolanda Swan
Posts: 1534

21 days ago
Get well, Hannah! Hoping for a full, quick recovery.

--
Lover of all things beautiful, secret admirer of ugly truths, fond of the Parabola Sun... and always delighted to role play.
http://fallenlondon.com/profile/Jolanda%20Swan
+3 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2359

21 days ago
Optimatum wrote:
I think it's worth noting this wasn't an announcement, per se, just a teaser. This was just something informally mentioned by a dev during an ongoing conversation, which also happens sometimes here on the forums.

I do think it's disappointing that these forums are getting less official attention—it's especially baffling that we haven't gotten official threads for the last few seasonal conclusions—but this doesn't strike me as quite the same situation.

Catherine Raymond wrote:
Jermaine Vendredi wrote:
I registered for the Discord, but found the set-up singularly unappealing.


You're not kidding. Not only an ugly interface, but a hard-to-use one. I couldn't even find the announcement.


Proper announcements end up in the Discord's #fbg-announcements channel. Unfortunately, Discord's IRC-like design makes it basically impossible to see other noteworthy messages without first being told they exist. Then your best bet is to search for messages from Failbetter staff, usually Hannah.


Noted. Thanks for the information.

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link
Catherine Raymond
Catherine Raymond
Posts: 2359

21 days ago
Yes, Hannah! Get well soon!

--
Cathy Raymond
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/cathyr19355

Catherine Raymond aka Mrs. Rykar Malkus http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Catherine%20Raymond (Gone NORTH)
+1 link




Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.0.2.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software